Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Chapter 6.1:
Rattling the Opposition!

16924vt.jpg

Same Ground, Different players and markings!

My mood was spoiled due to that sh!tty powerplay rule, but still I had to bowl. I wanted to just get rid of my frustration by bowling out my best and getting wickets! I started my run up of the maiden delivery of the match, I bowled my heart out, and it was a dot ball. The batsman just tried to push the ball towards the vacant space at covers, but he failed due to my raw pace. The next ball was again a dot ball, I bowler perfect yorker, the batsman predicted it, not taking any risk, he defended it perfectly. I was thinking of something to do, since I was half successful in the first two balls. I went round the wicket and tried to bowl a perfect yorker at leg stump. I tried for it, and I was completely successful this time. It was a tempting delivery at about 130 KMPH, the batsman tried to loft the ball over square leg, but eventually failed as the pace was much more than what he expected. He was clean bowled, although the ball was not a perfect yorker. They were down to 0-1 in just three balls.

As usual, I went aggressive after I bowled that batsman! I went near that batsman shouting "Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh..." he gave me a wired look, as if I asked him to go and die. I didn't concern much of it, since I was busy with my team mates. MJ said "Good job Prithvi, he could have turned dangerous if he would have settled." Siva tapped on my back, shouting "superb buddy." Wicketkeeper was hitting my head with that damn old glove on. I was irritated with that damn glove, but I didn't matter much cause he was appreciating me. "Okay.. ok.. now listen, don't feel free till the end of this over Prithvi, not just Prithvi, everyone. five runs of these three runs will spoil our party, since 10-1 after one over is not bad in this format." MJ said.

I went back to my run up after fair amount of celebration, got ready for next ball. I didn't knew what to ball, I decided to ball a slower one, which turned fruitful yet again. The batsman was in a hurry to score a boundary since it was powerplay and whatever they score, it'd be doubled. In that hurry, trying to push the ball square leg, he gave early timing, since he expected another quickie from me. It resulted in a leading edge and I was given a simple catch, which I caught it with ease. I don't have much of follow through for slower balls, just after bowling, I noticed that the ball was coming back to me, and I took the ball. We were again upto bit of celebrations, MJ asked me to maintain the work. I was on a hattrick, MJ asked me to bowl to wickets with full pace what I could generate.

I tried to do that, the batsman now defended the ball successfully, since he didn't want me to get a hat trick. But the very next ball, I was successful yet again, as the batsman just played a stupidsole pull shot, which easily ended in the hands of mid on. "Yeppppppieeeeeeeee....." I shouted out, and players came near me congratulating. 0-3 in first over, perfect start, according to Sumeet. As it was over, I took my cap, which I gave to umpire before I started my over, I was placed near boundary.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Brilliant writing :clap

Superb start for you. 0 for 3 in first over too good :p

How much did the bookies give those 3 players though? :spy

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Chapter 6.2:
Rattling the Opposition- Continuation

16924vt.jpg

Same Ground, Different players and markings!

I was placed at wide long on. There were no one near me, not even a single living thing for about 10-20 meters around me. It was sunny morning and I was bit exhausted due to putting down my everything. I was happy for picking up three early wickets in the very first over. Siva was given the ball for the second over and some unknown batsman was playing. Siva bowled his first delivery, which was banged for a huge six!!! We all were amused what was going on, since they were 3 down for a huge zero, and the batsman took a huge risk! The ball went over deep mid wicket, if there was one. I was the nearest person to reach the ball, and I went!

I had to rush up by running, since we were the fielding side. I somehow managed to get the drinks box, within the next four deliveries, which turned out to be 1-0-4-4, which meant they got something to say about themselves. I drank around half a liter of glucose water, which was okay-ish style chilled. Siva bowled his last delivery, which was again a dot ball. 15-3 after 2, they had a decent run rate, but we had a positive start yet.

I was all set to put another over, of my three. I was going to Siva, who was hammered badly- I tapped him and said "Good try, those dot balls were awesome", when I didn't even see how he bowled the first dot ball- I wanted to encourage him, which I did:). I was given serious orders of to get rid of both the batsmen as soon as possible. I replied MJ paraphrasing "I'll do my best". He tapped my back, when I started losing up myself.

I thought it was time to vary the pace, since they faced some really deadly pace of mine. But I thought yet again, since I bowled out my best, they'd really expect some slower balls this over. I was unable to decide what pace I need to really put, and being in that confusion, I started my run up. I finally decided to put a slower delivery, since my mind set was not aiming the quicker delivery. I got punished for a four, when the opponent pavilion was filled with huge applause and chants against me.

I desperately wanted to pick that bloke out and celebrate again, for which, I decided to aim for a yorker, with a good pace on the ball. And it did not work as he took an easy single. I was bit disappointed. I put a quickie at a really great speed, which turned out to be successful:thumbs. The middle stump flew in air for a moment and it was the moment which could not get better! I celebrated the most, after I picked that wicket, I didn't knew how I needed to celebrate for that wicket, but I finally settled for a chain saw celebration, just like how Brett lee did, when he picked up Marvan Atapattu in the 2003 WC semi final.

The next delivery I bowled was a good one, which was nicked to keeper. The wicket keeper did the rest, which meant I got yet another wicket and I got a five wicket haul:cheers! I was on cluod 9 for a while, when everyone of my team congratulated me for that:D. I was on hat trick yet again, and.. and.. I GOT IT:D.

The batsman nicked the ball to the keeper yet again, and I finally got a hat trick! I ran all round the 30 yard marking, destroying it a bit. I was congratulated by my MJ first, the batsman who was walking also gave me a shake hand, speaking out "Congo bro". I was happy to receive that from the opponent, and all our team gave me a shake- hand for that hat trick. The opponents were down to 19-6 in 3 overs.

to be continued....

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Chapter 7:
What happened?

After being congratulated by everyone, I was placed on the same wide long on. While I was jogging to that position, I don't know what exactly happened, it all happened.

The very next moment I got my consciousnesses back, I was in a Hospital, on a stretcher, with two nurses and a doctor staring at me. I was totally confused, I had to walk to the long on position and field, but what happened, I was totally confused. The doc asked me if I was feeling alright, for which, I replied- "Yeah." He asked me what were my last moments of my life before I woke up. I replied paraphrasing I was jogging to wide long on, after taking a hat trick..

The doc spoke out "Nothing to worry, you had bit of low blood pressure, nothing much. Actually you fainted down, and you were bought here by your team members at midst of the match, you team members and friends are waiting out side, we will let you go out in few minutes, after performing few checks." Then I realized that I didn't take food the day before and I played without taking any solid food on that day. He penetrated some fluid through a 5cc injection, it was li'l bit painy, for which I didn't react much since I could bear the pain.

Finally, after three observations of blood pressure for 15 minutes each, I was let free to go, when the total team and my class friends (including Satya) were waiting for me. Don't know why, tears rolled down. MJ hugged me tightly, he said that our team forfeited the match, since all the players wanted to be with me. We were out of tournament, even though having a strong start. I went uncontrolled as tears rolled down, Satya and Sree Ram came to me as well, Satya held my hand and Ramu tapped me.

It was one emotional event away from my family, which I could never forget. Indeed, even they were part of my family, the family of me since they became my friends.

to be continued....

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah Great Storyline Buddy

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 8:
Life Goes On- What may come.

After that incident, the days.. err.. 4 months passed on, I was bit off cricket, since we had overloaded academic portions. I never missed any practice session every Sunday and holiday though. I got few good habits (bad habits rather:D), I was more mature than what I was, I came to know what life is, I got more closer with Sathya- so closer that we could really talk everything what was running in our mind without any hesitation, overall- I was more responsible person than what actually I was.

I got many friends, indeed, we all formed a gang type thingy, consisting of 5 guys- myself, Rambo (Sree Ram), PJ (Praveen, the guy who was a good cricketer of my batch), Ajju (Ajay, a good footballer from our uni, plays good cricket though), Rakester (Rakesh, a good flirt among all:p). Where ever we went, we went together, since we all lived within just a kilometer range. We had a small quarrel with a out sider, who had issues with Ajju's girl friend. We got even more connected after that fight, which was put off after couple of iterations.

When it came to cricket, I was almost the same. Only couple of things what I gained were good paper work and fair amount of stamina required for a bowler. It was the Semi Final match- India v Pakistan at Mohali, March 30th, 2011. We were scheduled off a lab internal examination, which was called off after repeated requests by students. On our way back, it was my huge sentiment to stand up and listen for the Anthems just before the world cup match.

Thinking my parents were in my home, I returned back to home as usual with all my friends. But the shocking scene was my home was locked- and I looked at my watch- it was 14:04. Within 9 minutes, I had to reach PJ's home to listen the anthems. Satya's home was nearer, but I didn't knew if she was on her way back, since she was chasing her late submission assignment. It was around half a kilometers away. I threw my bag down, took the bottle in it, started running on road!

I ran and ran and ran, people were staring at me, though many were busy in their reaching home before 14:30, but my limit was bit higher, 14:15, for the national anthems- which didn't really matter for many people. I soon noticed Satya going, which made me happiest person. I went to her, asked if she was going to her home. But the reply was too harsh, she said she was on her way out!:facepalm

Expectation
usain-bolt-olympics-200m.jpg

Reality
rotund-man-running.png

Without wasting even a second, I bid a bye and started running. I did all the things what I could do to increase my pace, arm movement, huge steps and finally reached PJ's home- with my heart beat easily crossing 100 beats per minute:p. I made in in time, the players were walking in for anthems, I just joined them, sung it.

Huh, a half kilometer marathon to watch this live!​

After the Sehwag Tsunami, I called my mom, who said they were on their way back. I then got back, and followed the match, which India won. PJ texted me that night something paraphrasing that Rakester messaged something to Satya on facebook. I ignored it, since I knew he won't do anything rubbish. But that turned out to be a huge issue:(.

....To Be Continued​

Last edited by a moderator:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers