Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are 'oye', 'oyee' and 'oyyeee' common words used by 'telugu girls' in replacement to 'hello', hellooo' and 'hellloooo'...? even 're' for 'yar'!? if you say yes, then I will say how I know this! lol:p

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Are 'oye', 'oyee' and 'oyyeee' common words used by 'telugu girls' in replacement to 'hello', hellooo' and 'hellloooo'...? even 're' for 'yar'!? if you say yes, then I will say how I know this! lol:p

Not exactly, but your theory is true upto some extent. The people who do that are fans of Siddarth, the hero of the movie 'Oy'..
And how do you know this, Zackie..??

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Not exactly, but your theory is true upto some extent. The people who do that are fans of Siddarth, the hero of the movie 'Oy'..
And how do you know this, Zackie..??

how i know!? guess??

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Continuation:

Well, after killing time at Hussain Sagar lake, we finally went to our destination, the 127 Hours Movie at PVR Cinemas. The movie was a good one, we all liked it, not a must watch though. After the movie, we didn't have any proper plan, so we just wandered here and there in Central. I noticed some competition type speech going on in the Reebok showroom of the mall. I immediately went there, and my friends followed.

It was a competition being held by the Royal Challengers Bangalore team for giving away few merchandise of their. The competition was about to start and there were five prizes to be won. I thought Binn, if you won't win all of these, you have wasted your time! There were about four people, who registered, and it was an "answer first and win the gift" style quiz, and the one who has answered a question first correctly which is asked while that gift is under hammer would be given that.

The first gift was RCB key chain, when the asked the following question:
"Against whom did RCB win their first game in the first season?"

rcb_key.jpg

I pressed the buzzer, answer was Mumbai Indians, since I knew it was the second match of them, the very next match after they lost to KKR, the match where Brendon scored 158*, which was played at Mumbai.

It was correct answer. I got a key chain:D!

The next question was for RCB silicon hand band.
"The first ball of the second season of RCB innings was a?"

I pressed the buzzer again, I knew, Jesse Ryder was out first ball. I answered "a wicket".

rcbwristband.jpg

Correct answer again:cheers. I got a nice red silicon band with "Royal Challengers Bangalore" carved on it:D.

The third question was for RCB miniature bat.
"Against whom did RCB play their first champions league match in the first edition?"

I pressed again, no one dared to hit the buzzer since I knew I was the encyclopedia of RCB:p.

bats.jpg

I was asked to answer, for which I answered "Cape Cobras".

Three on three:cheers, a miniature bat with Anil Kumble's autograph was mine:D.

It was like a one sided match, I knew I was gonna win all the prizes!

The fourth question was for the RCB cap. The anchor said that the questions would be tougher from then on. I agreed, as it made no difference to me.
"Against whom did RCB lost before the loss to Deccan Chargers in the IPL 2009?"

t-cap.jpg

I hit the buzzer again! I answered "Mumbai Indians" since I knew that was a match when 30 was needed from 5 balls and Boucher hit a six and the commentator broke out "Is this the first one from the next four":p.

The answer was obviously correct, since I cannot be wrong in case of RCB!
I won the RCB cap too.

The last question was for the RCB jersey endorsed & autographed by my Anil Kumble, my hero!
I was on fire to win it, I didn't want to lose it at any cost!
"Name all the opponents against whom RCB won in IPL 2008 along with venue details."

ea44nq.jpg

That was a LOL-ified question for me.
I hit the buzzer for yet another time, and answered "Defeated Mumbai Indians at Mumbai, Deccan Chargers at Bangalore, Chennai Super Kings at Chennai and Deccan Chargers at Hyderabad."
The shirt was MINE.:cheers

All my friends cheered me, each and everyone following that contest clapped for me. I was given all the five prizes. But before they gave, they interviewed me.

Anchor: Prithvi, how did you manage to collect all these stats?

Me: Well, I follow cricket and I watch almost all matches of RCB because I'm a die heart fan of Anil bhai and RCB. I keep all the things going on around in my mind, which helped me in answering these today.

Anchor: Do you play cricket, or just watch it?

Me: I play. I get inspired a lot by the RCB players like Anil bhai, Steyn etc.

Anchor: Cool, good luck with your cricket, congrats on winning the competition. I hope you play for RCB one day:clap.

Me: Thankyou mate, its my dream to bowl in Red and Gold, just like how I have another dream of representing India.

Anchor gave me all the prizes, I took them. I knew the RoyalChallengersTV videographer, Mr. Sandeep Satyanarayana and he was right there, shooting the video. I was happy, I was friends with him on facebook, since I discussed a lot about RCB on various web platforms as well. I talked a bit with him, he recognized me, as he has many facebook friends.

After this happened, I was in Euphoria, I along with my friends, came to my home, let my family know about it, and celebrated a bit.

Then I called my CSE skipper, let him know what happened. He was happy listening what has happened. He also said that we were in need of a decent pacer, since Prakash was injured. His ankle was sprained and he was definitely not available for the next day's game. I asked Sree Ram if there was anyone from our class, who could bowl at a decent pace, since he played a bit with my class mates when I was not in Hyderabad. He recommended a guy, Siva, who could bowl at a pace which general people do. I called MJ back, said his name and gave his contact details.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I wonder what if RCB didn't qualified at first auctions in IPL. A truly RCB-some update.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Superb and very interesting update tbh

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Excellent stuff, Binnu! :clap Seriously, after Tom's career story this has been the story in which the updates have been quite enjoyable to read and that's because the updates are realistic. A career story must be made as realistic as it can be and Binnu you are doing it really well so far, keep it up. :thumbs

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 5:
Getting Ready!

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I found two messages on my mobile, one from AirTel notifying me about the expiry of message balance and the other one from MJ, asking me to have a 2 KM jog next day morning. It was 05:30, when I read the second one. I had two options, one to go on for a jog and two, to pretend to MJ that I checked that message at 07:00. I thought of pretending, but he sent me that text at 9:00 PM last night, few minutes after I slept. No one sleeps before 9, and if someone does, he will get up by 05:30 maximum, until and unless he is unfit. So, there was no other go, I went on for a winter-early morning jog.

This time, I took my kit along with me to the college, since I knew that I was going to play, as the other pacer was not playing, which meant I had to play. After reaching the college, I went straight to nets, skipping the classes. Siva was already at nets, talking with MJ. It was like Siva has agreed to play with us, and I was happy that I had someone of my age in the team. He introduced himself to the team, everyone were happy to see couple of juniors in the team. "We are the only team to have juniors" someone said. "Nah, IT people have one junior in their squad, he played yesterday, was batting well" MJ said. "Praveen I assume, his name is something like that" MJ continued.

if1qbp.jpg

Empty nets, they were to be decorated with a mat, stumps and markings.​

I got ready by wearing on a short and a round neck tee, I started bowling for few batsman of our team- this time, a general 11 yard run up, with a diluted pace, so that I'll have healthy energy when I go onto play. Our team was not so nameable to win the game, cause our senior bowler was not playing. We were to face Mechanical branch guys, who are famous for footie, not Cricket. We had a great chance to pull that game, since they were not so great in Cricket, and no juniors were added to them, which meant, they were with same "good for nothing" old side.

I had ample amount of practice, MJ announced the playing XI, only change was Siva in place of Injured Prakash. We had a slight discussion on what to choose if we win the toss. I argued for bowling first, since except the game we won, everyone who batted second won. When this discussion was going, few of my friends came up to nets, to do bit of supporting for our team. Finally, he said that he'd choose to field, if he wins the toss, though we were ready to do whatever we get to do. This was a knock out, so, we had to win, if we were in plans to win the tournament.

MJ won the toss and he decided to field first. I got perfectly ready by handing over my essential drinks to one of my friend, who was taking the duties of 12th man, which was a part of ragging too;). We formed a huddle, got few orders like not to reply for the provoking of the opponents, since they were famously known to their big mouths. I was given the new ball, and the very first over they opted for a power play- whatever you score, it'd be doubled.

"F**k! double the runs, fuc*ing rule!" It was like an irritating feel, with all these idiotic rules. I managed to loosen up a bit. I spoke out my guard to the umpire. Started my run up..

Users who are viewing this thread