Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
INTEGRATING LOVE with respect to CRICKET

15ob0ww.jpg

All the characters and incidents in this diary are completely imaginary.

PROLOGUE

It was a rainy night, when I stepped into her home to propose her. Their family knew me as a good guy, a very helpful guy. They also knew about my career interest, CRICKET and I was heading to become a cricketer by profession- whatever might be the consequence, due to the regional politics. She didn't keep everything for herself, rather she shared many things of mine with her family, like I was a die heart Royal Challengers Bangalore fan, a part time pianist, a person with musical knowledge, a true fan of Indian Railways, an absolute hater of Math, a good computer science engineer, with programming capability.

She shared about their family with me too. They were three in number, with she being the only daughter. Her father was a employee working in some civil constructors organization in administration department. Her mother was a Music teacher at Kendriya Vidyalaya #1, Uppal, Hyderabad. I knew her, since I was a student of that school, but never learnt anything from her, since she was taking for secondary students when I was in Vth standard and she took up primary students when I reached VIth standard. Although she knows me, via my teacher, but still, I don't think she is as close as my teacher. She was a good person though, I was with her for just one concert at some Visakhapatnam Branch of our school.

And now about her, she is my QUEEN! If there was anyone who could wipe away my tear and all sadness' at one go, she is the person, who can do it. She was my friend at engineering college, first friend, a special friend, and moreover, a person who likes my charatcer and whatmore does a guy need to think of living with her whole life. Then I seriously thought about it and yeah, the decision was made- Yup, I'm gonna stay with her!

I went to her home many times earlier, but this was way too special entry. I was in my causal attire, a round necked pull over and a track. I couldn't find any better reason than "Assignment" to get into her home, to cross the hurdles of her fans, since she had few fans, who were blindly behind her and demanded a reason harshly, though everything would turn out to be fine, once she accepts me. Anyways, I ignored them completely cause we were so close that we don't go out without each other and my house comes first and she'd drop me near my home and go to her home. And the open secret is her fans do not attack me in front of her:p

Well, I finally went to her home, and I was heading into her room straightaway, as redirected by her father. Meanwhile, she came unlocked the door, came out to receive me, since she knew I was going to come, since I texted her about my plan (not proposal though). We both went in, and she was playing some good for nothing UNO on facebook, collecting all blue cards:p. She completed her assignment, which I never started:lol. I took those books, and put them in a cover. as I got a bit wet in rain, her mother came into her room to give me a towel. I took it, cleaned up myself. Her mother invited me for a dinner, for which, I had to reject cause my parents were waiting for me in my home. Her mother asked me few random questions, about my plans to enhance my musical career, my academic performances, etc etc. I patiently replied to all questions, after which she said me not to leave until the rain comes down. I wanted her to say that and she said it!

I straight away came onto the matter, I knew it she didn't have any boy friend. I started off with her fan count, which was followed by unknown transfer of the topic to love. I seriously don't know how it happened, but it happened, after fifteen minutes we started our random chat, we were talking about the topic which I needed- LOVE. Well, it was raining, and I said her the following thing, just before I got a call.

Well buddu, if I forgot my way to my home, which is your heart, will you help me in reaching my destination?

As soon as I spoke that, I got a call from my coach, Mr. Mahesh. As it was my COACH, I just couldn't stop myself from cutting the call straight away. I signaled her for a while, and took the phone up, by keeping my proposal on hold, for few moments. He paraphrased a part of the speech, which was given out by the newly appointed coach of Hyderabad Cricket Association, Sunil Joshi, which said "I was selected in the Hyderabad Ranji Team". I was in a mixed situation, one phase of me is awaiting her reply where as other phase is celebrating! Meanwhile, I didn't change my expression. She understood the total scenario, and she put a "okay, I wanna be with you, but..." type expression. I just asked her to speak something, probably the weirdest thing I've talked ever, but she said straightaway what she taught in her mind.

"Well Binnu, I seriously like you, but only ONE thing which I don't like in you is your ambition. Seriously Binn, once imagine. I MYSELF wanted to do this thing, but seriously re, I don't know what you'll become in future. There are many live examples, and infact, its an open secret, that not just talent takes you to top spot, where as you need to satisfy the needs of selectors, by putting some weight on your resume."

I replied her "I got selected to Hyderabad team just now, and I'll be busy this November-January. One IPL season, I'll have my our life set buddu (got bit of courage to say the term "our":p). More over what really matters is LOVE, which I'll give you consistently, whatever is my position".

She was bit arrogant aftermath. She replied that she wants just me, not anything else. She said that she loves me, and asked me not to leave me, for which, I said "My heart is beating for you, my blood is boiling for Indian Cricket." She just kept quite, she was like- "ok do whatever you want, but I Love you" style for few minutes, but dunno what happened, she cut her damn hand and it was bleeding. We were on terrace when this happened, and she fell down unconscious, and she fell straight into the road infront of her home. I seriously didn't knew what to do, few people were watching me as if I pushed her down.

But I ignored all those things, rushed towards her, took her to hospital, along with her parents. I read a similar situation in a book "Five Point Someone" by Chetan Bhagat, where the author decides himself to write a book, if his friend makes it up. I was sure she would make up what she had today, because its just matter of one floor, where as it was an eight storied IIT building, from where Alok falls, in his story.

Just recovering from her current disability is not big deal, so I decided one extra thing. If my love turns out to be successful, along with my cricketing career, I'd just write myself a story on this.

Well, that is the first mistake of my life (:p), in Chetan Bhagat terms, but seriously, now, I'm writing this, which means you know what happened. Well, to keep my promise up, this is what I'm writing. Readers, this story not just contains cricket, it has love too. Yeah, this paraphrase contains bit more of love, than you people expected, but expect the unexpected!

INDEX:

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Am I so Experienced??
Chapter 3: This could be a brief history of Mine.
Chapter 4.1: Practice Session, Successfully Skipped.
Chapter 4.2: Practice Session, Successfully Skipped.
Chapter 5: Getting Ready!
Chapter 6.1: Rattling the Opposition!
Chapter 6.2: Rattling the Opposition!
Chapter 7: What Happened?
Chapter 8: Life goes on, what may come.
Chapter 9: World Cup Final, but :/ :/
Chapter 10: Miserable life- Hell Yeah- Examinations Time.
Chapter 11: Examinations done- Time for some Cricket Boss!
Chapter 12.1: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA
Chapter 12.2: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA
Chapter 12.3: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA
Chapter 12.4: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA
Chapter 12.5: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA
Chapter 12.6: Big Match- HMVCC v DCA

Last edited:

RPHKR

National Board President
Awesome story, very interesting!!
I love your stories binnu, GL!:thumbs

----------

Well buddu, if I forgot my way to my home, which is your heart, will you help me in reaching my destination?

Nice thinking :D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
All the characters and incidents in this diary are completely imaginary.

She didn't keep everything for herself, rather she shared many things of mine with her family, like I was a die heart Royal Challengers Bangalore fan, a part time pianist, a person with musical knowledge, a true fan of Indian Railways, an absolute hater of Math, a good computer science engineer, with programming capability.

You have just described yourself....

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You have just described yourself....
I imagined myself:p:D.
On a serious note, I want the main character to be myself (because I have the love part too), with few additional skills. So, the professional* cricketing skills of mine will probably be the imaginary part of that character:).

*-Soo professional that I could go and play for HCA;).

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol... I just realized that. Binnu, using the properties of Integration very creatively ;)

6ry4nj

International Coach
You deserve applause for taking on such an ambitious project, so you'll get no discouragement from me. I'm glad you have your promise to yourself to sustain you, because this is likely to be a trying assignment, but persevere because it could also be more rewarding (for both you and us) than just about any other story that's ever been here.

In which case you will likely be offered exorbitant amounts (of vcash) for the movie rights, but I advise you to hold out until they throw in a real dollar or two...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, proper stories are hard to come by these days. I know I've tried a few but normally get tired of it after a couple of updates so I don't bother starting the story.

Good luck Binnu :)

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 1:
The Beginning.

Well, to be honest, I don't know from where to start. Since many will not enjoy if I start right from when I started my cricketing, so I've decided to start it from the point when I came across her, so that people will follow my love story fully, which is the time when my cricketing career was at a good swing. Its way back in November 23rd, 2010- when I returned from Bengaluru, which was a send off trip for my brother, who joined Infosys technologies limited.

Well, I came back home 05:00 hours early in the morning, when I noticed that I lost my Identity card of my newly joined uni. I had to apply for a new one:(. I received a text from my senior, a team mate of Hyderabad under 17 team rather, J.Manish Sarma (a.k.a "MJ") that the inter departmental cricket competitions were scheduled to being from that day itself. Me being a good old friend of a current Computer Science Engineering department team mate, I didn't had to go through all the phases a normal player needs to get selected. He asked me to be at the cricket nets by 10:00, as the game was scheduled at 13:00 IST.

I got myself ready for the cricket, I was a pacer, who can bowl at a good speed of 100-120 KMPH. I was the fastest bowler in my school team. I was asked not to bring the kit, cause officials would block me from entering the ground since I was a fresher (thanks to ragging issues, these uni's make tiny issues a huge one for no reason). Anyways, I was a fresher, so, I was sure that I won't get any opportunity straightaway, since I had to impress my new captain to get into the starting XI and in the histories, there were only very few occasions, when a fresher got to play right in the first match straightaway. So, my main idea was to check on how does the things go on in my uni, before I get to play.

It was 10:00, when I reached the college and I was forced to go to the class in the juniors group. We didn't had freedom in college, since the government had issued few serious notices on ragging. I went to class, I was bit sad that I couldn't be punctual in the very first match, but I had a strong desire to jump the class at any cost. We had C Language class, in which I was bit strong. The lecturer was a young one, who could understand students easily. I had a mind to explain him the scenario, but will he make me ask our Head of Department a "permission" was the major though going on within me. Anyways, I made up a nice story- I had to submit my letter in office, for applying for a new ID card. Our class was in corner, which meant that the way till the office building was visible from our class.

It doesn't matter, I just went towards office building, and went to ground from there. It was a bit longer route, but I didn't have a better option. I went till the office room, with one girl of my class, Satya, followed me till I reached the office room. I didn't notice her coming behind me, but when she appeared behind me all of a sudden, I was in shock. "Has sir noticed me going away from office room" was the thing on my mind and I was like-"ok, just go away from here- you are going to cricket!" I just ignored her, went to cricket nets.

The rods were completely rusted, with the nets half torn. The green mat was okay-ish, since it was a new one, when compared to other things. I straightaway met MJ, and he introduced me to the CSE squad. Surprisingly, MJ was the skipper of the team, which meant that I could play the game. I was given a short and a round neck tee, with bit of essential equipment a player should have (yeah, the abdomen guard:D:p) and I was asked to get myself warmed up. I ran around the nets for twenty times, and I loosened up myself, since I was going to be given a ball.

Yeah, as expected, I got a ball in my hand, as soon as I reported MJ. I didn't knew the batsman I was bowling to, I just informed him that I was a medium pacer and I was going to bowl around the wicket. I took a good 19 yard run up, which I generally do in the match. As soon as I started my run up, I noticed that MJ and few of his friends were clapping, in motivational tone. I delivered a good bowl, at a decent speed of mine. The batsman just defended the ball, he didn't do anything better than that.

I went back to my mark, when the batsman had to face a spinner. In the mean time, Manish asked me to practice well, since I was going to play the game! I was kind of shocked, since this was expected- MJ captain, and I'm a good talented friend of him. I bowled few balls to various batsman. I got few batsman out too- clean bowled. I bowled at speeds, which constantly decelerated. I gradually reduced my 19-yards run up to a good 11-yard run up in the mean time, since it was nets session and getting too much tired is just like doing over action in the local terms:p.

Mean while, I got a bit going with my new team mates, Prakash was a bowler, a good pacer. Sree Harsha was an awesome batsman, as he punished many bowlers badly in nets- including me:p. Varun Kumar was a opener, with our skipper MJ. That pair was a regular one, and it was bound to vanish after that year since Varun was in final year. Sumeet Singh was our lone spinner, with Manoj an all rounder.

It was 12:00, which meant that we had to go for having something and get ready for the match. I went to the canteen, I had two Aaloo Paranthas (Potato stuffed chapaties), with tomato ketchup.I bought couple of glucose filled drinks, kept it in my bag. I headed towards my class, when I met my friends. They all were surprised at my position. I was ready in complete white kits, an old one of MJ. I was congratulated by many friends of mine. My C lecturer noticed me, and I kept a -"sorry sir" style face- he came to me, wished good luck. I was accompanied by few friends of mine, when I was heading to the ground. All those decided to stay with me, to witness me play.

j98uad.jpg

Few of my friends, who came with me​

It was toss time, and MJ was at the center. Our college Physical Educational Trainer was the match umpire. It was pretty obvious that the ones who win toss choose to bat first- both the captains had a pretty sub continental mind set. I knew MJ, I was damn sure that he WOULD choose to bat first, since he would get to play straightaway. All I was hoping for is to MJ to make correct call- which he did. As expected, he decided to bat first. Somehow, I felt a lot better. But I had to serve the water bottles to the center since I was the youngest of all people over there. I faced a bit of ragging, along with my friends, just after the toss. There were just XII members over there, with XI playing and one calculating the score.

It was a 15 over match, with few tweaked rules. If a bowler bowls a wide, two runs will be given in extras, with the ball counted. One power play over, where the team score gets doubled. There were few other rules too, due to the restrictions on ground and time. It was the first match of that season, so before the match actually started, our Principal, along with the HOD's of the teams playing were present there. The match was between CSE and EEE (Electrical and Electronics Engg), for which our HOD faced a delivery bowled by the HOD of EEE. It was as stupid as two small kids playing cricket. Many students gathered over the ground, just after the boundary line. The tournament was briefly explained by my team mates. Six departments get to play a KO round, where three teams will be eliminated (two days). After that, One day rest, followed by one day of round robin round(One day). Followed by a complete "perfect T20 style cricket" final (Original T20 rules come into action).

14loegn.jpg

The scene was similar, not the same though​

MJ got padded up, I got ready with my cool storage carton, which had water bottles in it. I sat on it, just near the boundary line, with my friends standing just behind me. I also noticed that many people from our class were standing near me:p. All I had to do was, go there, give them water, update them with score- personal scores and the overs remaining. It was once in two overs till the tenth over- but after that, I had to go regularly over by over. Somehow, we managed to reach a good total of 100, with fours wickets down, in 15 overs, run rate bit above six and half.

To be continued...

----------

I need bit of help regarding my grammar!
Yeah, I know, I'm weak, if I commit any mistakes, please point out them in a good way. Don't just make fun out of those mistakes:).

----------

You deserve applause for taking on such an ambitious project, so you'll get no discouragement from me. I'm glad you have your promise to yourself to sustain you, because this is likely to be a trying assignment, but persevere because it could also be more rewarding (for both you and us) than just about any other story that's ever been here.

In which case you will likely be offered exorbitant amounts (of vcash) for the movie rights, but I advise you to hold out until they throw in a real dollar or two...
I'm trying to keep with this, no matter what will happen!

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I absolutely agree with Swacker. This story actually reminds me a little of Tom's story "three lions on the shirt". When a story is realistic the reader always tends to enjoy reading it and I really enjoyed reading Tom's story and same has been the case with this story update so far. The starting has been very solid, you have build up a excellent story line. Good luck and keep up the excellent work. :thumbs

RPHKR

National Board President
So, you're bowler, right?
Most of the writers would have chose the batsman role. But you've chosen the role of a bowler. Interesting story-line.
ATB and KIU!

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 2:
Am I So Experienced?!?

Well, we had to defend 101 in 15 overs. The conditions were normal, hit hard, you'll get runs. They had an easy match in hand, but our bowlers, which included me, decided not to give anything more than 4 an over, at any cost! Yeah, its bit of a challenge, but doing that in the first five overs would easily build the pressure up in the opposition, as the required rate slowly raises up. I was given the opening over, which they chose as the power play over.

I took my regular 19-yard run up, with a trail run up, when the field was being set. MJ was at long on, which meant we both had easy communication. He knew all my techniques, and he set the field as per how exactly I required, especially in power play. The power play here meant no field restrictions, but they'd get double of what they score. That was a wired rule in my opinion, but I had to play under that rule, whatever was my opinion. I was bowling to some right handed batsman! I said "right arm medium pacer, bowling over the wicket", before the umpire said "play."

The very first ball was run for two runs, which meant they got 4 on board right on the first ball. I tried to swing the ball, but the ball was pretty stubborn. The ball was a slower one, didn't meet the expectations I had. I was in absolute confusion! Just few minutes earlier, our bowling attack had a meeting, which said that one should not exceed 4 runs an over- and I gave 4 runs straight away in the very first ball. Prakash signaled me to beat the batsman with pace, since the batsman are not much familiar with decent pace. I tried that the very next ball, when the batsman got clean bowled!:cheers. I bowled a perfect yorker, straight at the basement of off stump. The batsman tried to drive the ball, but he didn't knew my pace;).

I was congratulated by all my team mates, my class friends cheered me too. The new batsman in was a leftie, which meant all our plans/field setting needed a slight change. I bowled my third ball, a good length ball, with a not bad style pace, and the southpaw just defended it, since they observed that I could bowl a quickie at any time. The fourth ball was a good one, he just drived it perfectly, but fielder at correct spot (covers) stopped it. I just couldn't stop myself from bowling my heart out, since I hated batsman playing defensive cricket in limited overs format!I bowled a quickie, with all the strength I had in me, and YEPPPIE! ANOTHER WICKET! The batsman tried to flick the ball, but miserably failed since it was so quick that by the time he was performing footwork, the ball had hit the gap between leg stump and middle stump. I celebrated badly, since I go crazy when I get someone bowled! I was congratulated by all my team mates, Sree Harsha and Manoj tapped me, since they were the wicket keeper and first slip respectively. The last ball I bowled was a swing and a miss affair, the batsman just tried for a blind six, since it was the last ball of power play.

2yjyr9d.jpg

I celebrate wild, if I get out batsman clean bowled​

"Four runs, two wickets- in power play over... kiraak mama (superb dude)" MJ said. I took my field position, when Sumeet was given the ball to spin. He did a good job too, he beat a batsman to get him stumped out! Although he conceded 7 runs, but the important wicket of the person who tried to accelerate worked as compensation for what he conceded. It was followed by Prakash's over, where they scored just 3 runs off it, without a fall in wicket. Sumeet continued his spell, he managed to pick up another wicket, which meant they were four down by the fourth over for a score of just 16. We were in a pretty commanding position, when MJ took up a decision, which was absolutely idiotic, as I expected earlier! he decided to bowl, don't know what happened, but he himself took the ball in the next over.

Who would stop himself for hitting runs when part timers bowl?They scored whooping twenty runs off his over, which meant that they were back into the game. Prakash and me were being saved for the final overs, where as Sumeet was given his last over, where, he couldn't do what he did what he did last time. He gave off ten runs easily, probably the momentum was carried over. 44-4 in 6 overs! 54 balls, 56 runs!

:facepalmSimilar situation arouse when MJ was bowling:facepalm

We had a small meeting, where it was decided that I'll be given an over now, since we HAD to beat them with pace. Prakash bowled at a decent pace, but I was given higher priority because of my so called experience. I kept a "I don't know" style face, but when MJ came to me, I said what I had in my mind! "Yeah MJ, I can bowl, but the way they are going, just a decent placement over third man or fine leg and bit of loft in it, the ball could easily reach the boundary for six!" He asked me to vary the pace consistently, which resulted! I knew, they would expect a quickie from me, since everyone expected that my quickness could beat them! And that is why I bowled a slower delivery:lol! The batsman went out hit wicket, unexpectedly! No one expected it to be a wicket, since I bowled out side the offstump, and the batsman was like he would hit the ball where ever it comes! He just lost his bat, trying to control the bat, he landed the bat safely on stumps:lol:D! Everyone laughed at him, I started laughing, loudly. Even the umpire laughed a bit.

Their batsman played rest five deliveries with bit of sense, unlike how he got out, since after that ball, they came to know that just raw pace is not my complete strategy, its part of my strategy;). I picked up another wicket in that over, the batsman tried to hit the ball for a six over long on, but the leading edge meant that the ball was safe in the hands of the fielder at covers. I conceded six runs in that over, even after getting two wickets. Thanks to my self miss-field, which gave them four runs in a single ball. They were six down for 50 runs after 7 overs! Manoj took the ball, he took a magical hat-trick, which meant that they were reduced to 53-9 after 8 overs!

I asked for the final over, which MJ did give. I thought I could take the final wicket, but I COULDN'T:facepalm! I just could manage to get my first maiden over, but couldn't get a wicket to hammer the final nail in their coffin. However, Prakash got a chance to pick up his first wicket in match, which meant that we won the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread