Health/Diet/Weight Loss/Fitness Management

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Till what age does one's height grow? I'm 17, my height is around 5'9.Want it to be atleast 5'10/11.Is there any scope my height would grow? Gonna be 18 years of age in this october.

You'll probably still grow, but it varies from person to person depending on when you started going through puberty and how tall your parents are. I'm 20 and 6 foot 2 inches, and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't 6 foot when I finished school.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Till what age does one's height grow? I'm 17, my height is around 5'9.Want it to be atleast 5'10/11.Is there any scope my height would grow? Gonna be 18 years of age in this october.

It depends! I was 179-180cm when I was 17, now I am 183 cms and will be 20 this year! Tbh, I don't think if my height will grow anymore.

Not any expert, but there are some kind of stretching excercise if you could do one?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Each person's chemical makeup is different. No two people mature at the same age, nor at the same time in their lives, nor does everything fall into place at once. Genetics play a significant role in our development. Some guys continue puberty until age 25. You may have several more years of potentail growth - even though you did not state your age - with growth spurts along the way. Some will increase height, arms, legs, feet, penis, torso, facial features, body hair, pubic hair, facial hair - and not all at the same time. There are no quick fixes nor magic potions to hurry things along. Each person must wait their turn for complete development - and you are no exception. There is no guarantee that your height will increase - but it can & does happen. You could have a growth spurt just around the corner. Nobody knows exactly when a growth spurt will occur. They sneak up on you when you least expect them. You just have to learn to be patient. It will all happen in due time. Good Luck.

Reference:Google.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I weigh 75 kgs and am 5 foot 5 inches high, I am hefty, thats not a problem but I don't have much power and fall down easily when someone tries to push me i.e less balance. Please suggest me what to do to Gain power and the balance... Cheers!

Interesting you mentioned balance - my balance isn't what it could be either. Someone suggested doing Calf Raises with the barbell on your back - he reckons not only will that improve your balance a lot, it'll also make it much harder to push you over. I'm doing my calves in the machine right now, but I might switch to barbell.

----------

I'd love to be 5'9. As it is, I'm stuck with 5'6. :lol

Such a shame we can do things to grow our muscles, but there's not a damn thing we can do about our height, eh lads? ;)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Male's can grow till they are 21. But most stop by 19.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I lost 25 KGs in my 3 months vacations last year :cheers before that i was so fat now i am like Agar :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I lost 25 KGs in my 3 months vacations last year :cheers before that i was so fat now i am like Agar :D

Dude, that's like 8kgs per month, which means almost 5 pounds a week. Hope you lost it using healthy means. Its commonly said that anything over 3 pounds a week of weight loss is not healthy

Mind sharing your weight loss routine? If healthy, we also can follow it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Dude, that's like 8kgs per month, which means almost 5 pounds a week. Hope you lost it using healthy means. Its commonly said that anything over 3 pounds a week of weight loss is not healthy

Mind sharing your weight loss routine? If healthy, we also can follow it.

Woah - 5lbs a week is far too much - it's almost impossible to lose that much weight without losing a ton of muscle tissue along with it! Don't follow that - shoot for one or two lbs a week tops.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Have started on the lemon water thing with honey. I also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the lemon water as cayenne pepper is known to boost metabolism (in fact, most of the lemonade cleanse diets for weight loss have cayenne pepper added to the lemonade to boost weight loss). Don't add too much cayenne though, as I heard it can burn your stomach out. Raw and/or organic honey would be best.

Stuff like this doesn't make sense to me. Honey is nothing more than sugar, plain and simple. You have to be avoiding things like this at all costs to lose weight.

Coming from a traditional south indian vegetarian family, our diet is actually built to make us fat. White rice, ghee, etc are killer foods that will expand our waistlines without us even realizing we are doing something wrong. A few tips:

-switch to brown rice. Doesn't taste different at all to me but so much healthier. Do not eat more than 2 cups of cooked rice a meal. In fact, I avoided rice altogether and ate a lot of dal (sambar etc) plain for dinner. Really helped me.

- eat whole wheat chappathi/roti instead of rice. 2-3 chappathi's a meal.

- eat your veggies. Being a vegetarian you would think our diet has a lot of veggies...not really. All we eat are CARBS! Eat salad for lunch, munch on carrots, etc.

- Run. Do cardio. Burn those extra calories. If you eat at a deficit AND run to burn more calories, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. I guarantee it!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Stuff like this doesn't make sense to me. Honey is nothing more than sugar, plain and simple. You have to be avoiding things like this at all costs to lose weight.

Coming from a traditional south indian vegetarian family, our diet is actually built to make us fat. White rice, ghee, etc are killer foods that will expand our waistlines without us even realizing we are doing something wrong. A few tips:

-switch to brown rice. Doesn't taste different at all to me but so much healthier. Do not eat more than 2 cups of cooked rice a meal. In fact, I avoided rice altogether and ate a lot of dal (sambar etc) plain for dinner. Really helped me.

- eat whole wheat chappathi/roti instead of rice. 2-3 chappathi's a meal.

- eat your veggies. Being a vegetarian you would think our diet has a lot of veggies...not really. All we eat are CARBS! Eat salad for lunch, munch on carrots, etc.

- Run. Do cardio. Burn those extra calories. If you eat at a deficit AND run to burn more calories, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. I guarantee it!

I don't agree with that point in bold. There is a difference between natural sugar and processed sugar. Your body does not react to natural sugar the same way as processed sugars. For example, fruits have natural sugars, much like how honey is a natural sugar. Taken in right amounts, they are amazing for the body. For example, you can safely take 2-3 teaspoons of honey inspite of being a diabetic. My dad takes honey inspite of having diabetes and there is no spike in his blood sugar levels. A tsp of honey in the morning with lemon or cinnamon water is great for health. I do it these days with cinnamon powder as it is said to have medicinal and weight loss values if taken in the morning on an empty stomach. And I have felt great after making it a habit now.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Is my diet and fitness going well?
6-30 am I wake up and drink two glasses of water on empty stomach.
7-00 am I go to the field to play football with my other friends for 1 hour.
8-10 am breakfast with 2 loaves and a half boiled egg and banana
12-00 pm I eat fruits - banana,mango,grapes
1-30 pm lunch with 1 plate rice with 150g vegetables and a piece of chicken meat or a piece of fish.
3-30 pm go to field to play football or cricket with my friends for 2 hours.
6-00 pm 1 cup Horlicks with milk. Also two pieces of buiscuits.
8-30 pm supper with 3 pieces of loaves with 150g vegetables and fish curry or chicken curry.
10-30 pm 1 cup Horlicks with milk and fruits.
11-00 pm sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......:D
My current height-5 feet 2 inch
weight-48 kgs
age -14 years.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
You seem really short. How tall are your parents, are they very short as well?

I would say you are getting decent amounts of protein and calcium but try and get more as it will help with your growth. Have two eggs a day and drink another glass of milk as well. In addition make sure you eat a lot of chicken and fish, and of course eat vegetables. You seem to only eat white meats. I don't know about red meat since I don't eat it either but if you do eat it it is really good as well I think.

Doing physical activity on an empty stomach is a BAD idea. Waking up and then going an hour on an empty stomach even without physical activity is a bad idea. I used to do not eat to any pattern, eat very fast and let myself stay hungry and on an empty stomach in the morning and I ended up getting some pretty severe reflux that lasted over a year. You absolutely don't want that.

I would say have the banana and the egg in the morning when you wake up as well as the water. Maybe milk instead of water, always great to start the day. Keep hydrated all day. Take fluids while playing sport, before, during and after. For three hours exercise you will need at least two glasses of water per hour, probably more since it must be really hot and humid in Dhaka. Take a bottle or two, maybe three.

Your fitness is fine, three hours is more than enough. Try and keep that up for at least the next ten years and you'll be really fit. I used to exercise that much, possibly more but when I stopped it screwed up my metabolism and I started putting on weight now I've got to control my diet to stop putting on weight. So don't do more than 3 hours.

Oh and I hope you are brushing your teeth before you go to bed as well. The sugar in the Horlicks and the fruits will be really bad for your teeth, perhaps destroying your enamel as well depending on whether you eat acidic fruits.

----------

Btw you are 14, right in the prime of your growing age, don't be afraid to really eat a lot (good foods not junk), it can really help.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
My mothers height 5 feet 1 inch,father's 5 feet 8 inch.
Thanks for the ideas. :)

----------

But, I had asthma even 2 months ago. Now I'm healthy:p

----------

Red meats=beef? In Hindu religion we don't eat beefs. :noway;)
I brush twice-on the morning and on the night before sleep.
I brush after meals.
I drink 12 glass of water every day.Yes,it is hot and humid here. But,the humidity is dropping because it's the rainy season here. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread