Differences between Ashes and 19

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

This my have been discussed before but I can't seem to find it. Can someone please tell me what the difference between this and Ashes is? Do you think it will be worth getting 19? I only ever play career in the previous games, not really interested in anything else. Would you still buy it if you're the same?

I don't mean for this to be a trash on big ant or a old fashioned "flame war", just your guys opinions

Thanks

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
100% I would buy this because it has a more in dept career mode then Ashes.
I also only play career mode and I will buying this day one, you should check out the videos and information about career mode in Cricket 19, I don't think it's the same as Ashes because Career mode is different and it seem to look a lot better than Ashes 17 when it comes to Graphics....plus that Malinga Bowling action haha:D

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Deeper career mode with perks and new licensed stadiums, deffs worth a buy in my opinion

jmarcf

Club Captain
Could someone tweet Ross or big ant a question? I may or may not be on a twitter ban currently for maybe telling a joke ;)

Can someone ask if they have fixed the issue where perfect created players for some reason don't get picked at county/state or international level, even after editing all the line ups and put them in? I asked about this year's ago when 16 came out and got told it was fixed but the issue is still there

Rick56

School Cricketer
To be fair, I'm one of those old school types that don't really care about graphics nor licenses but Deeper career mode sounds great
I mean if your old school stick to ashes 17 but cricket 19 is the best cricket game ever. Look at the game play ,look at the cut scene, coin toss, debut cap, perks. You will definitely enjoy playing career mode in cricket 19

jmarcf

Club Captain
I mean if your old school stick to ashes 17 but cricket 19 is the best cricket game ever. Look at the game play ,look at the cut scene, coin toss, debut cap, perks. You will definitely enjoy playing career mode in cricket 19

That's not really what I meant. Sorry if it came across wrong. What I meant is graphics, licensing etc is way down the list compared to game play, career mode depth, etc etc

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The perks system has completely changed Career Mode. It’s added depth and isn’t just some token nonsense, you have to manage it because some perks provide a positive in one area but a negative in another.

Before we consider anything else, if all you’re interested in is Career Mode then yes... buy the bloody thing!

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
We can't say just yet but I hope this game is more "polished" AC17 felt extremely buggy to me.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
The perks system has completely changed Career Mode. It’s added depth and isn’t just some token nonsense, you have to manage it because some perks provide a positive in one area but a negative in another.

Before we consider anything else, if all your interested in is Career Mode then yes... buy the bloody thing!
I would love to know more about career mode. I played career mode exclusively in previous games due to the lackluster AI. Also I don't play online at all.

Toecrusher

Club Captain
From the PS4 broadcast it looked like Lords had square boundaries, which seems like the first time in a cricket game that ground sizes/shapes could be a factor and are accurately represented.

But yeah really curious about improvements to the core gameplay - batting bowling fielding mechanics and AI.

Reactions: DAP

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game is far better than ashes.

If you are cricket fan and game lover then you will not regret buying this one.

@Snowy

Last edited:

Haych14

Club Captain
Just a little request, obviously there is a huge difference in terms of graphics, gameplay, realism and overall look the Cricket 19 game works and looks! Compared to Ashes cricket.

Would be helpful if there was gameplay comparison, or picture to picture comparison of Ashes cricket and Cricket 19

Haych14

Club Captain
Just a little request, obviously there is a huge difference in terms of graphics, gameplay, realism and overall look the Cricket 19 game works and looks! Compared to Ashes cricket.

Would be helpful if there was gameplay comparison, or picture to picture comparison of Ashes cricket and Cricket 19
Would anyone be able to do that? That would be amazing, could include stadium comparison, pitches, umpires, player likenesses comparison from the previous game, different shots etc. Would be nice!

Shane109

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
From the PS4 broadcast it looked like Lords had square boundaries, which seems like the first time in a cricket game that ground sizes/shapes could be a factor and are accurately represented.
I'm certain one of the early 2000's EA games had boundaries accurately represented too. I think 2000 or 2002, but I definitely remember it because it's where I learned that a lot of England's ovals were weird shaped.

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread