Difficulty levels for bowling: comments/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am transitioning from Amateur to Pro. As I expected, the batting becomes a lot more challenging because the deliveries you face are quicker and more accurate. However, in bowling, the wrist-spin technique I have been using with great success in Amateur (and in my career so far) no longer seems to work; it's much harder to hit the sweet spot for both release timing and spin. Is this because the tolerances are much narrower? I am also curious about how, when playing casual games in Pro mode, certain bowlers are much less effective than others, partly because it is easier to find the above-described sweet spots with some spin bowlers than with others. Am I right in assuming that increasing difficulty modes not only make the tolerances narrower, they also accentuate the effect of different player skill levels?

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes and no.

Case closed!
Are you sure about that no, man?

At higher difficulty levels there's much more swing, seam, drift and turn - I'd assumed that this was because the skill of the avatar had more effect.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I dont think that you get more turn at higher levels.I hardly seem to get massive turn in tests on pro even though my leg spin skill is maxed out, but yesterday back to amatuer in a t20 county game bowling over the wicket right hand leg spin, one pitched outside leg stump by about 6inches and hit leg stump. It was a really great moment which only makes me wish there was more of these big turning deliveries! Test pitches seem to be a spinners nightmare (little turn too much bounce) but in t20 games it seems the pitches really help me, in fact maybe even a little too much! If test day 3/4/5 pitches were like some t20 pitches It would be more akin to real life, in all 7 tests of my career I've never had a spin friendly pitch even on day 5! Definately need more turn and pitches that have more effect than is currently possible!

Bahger

Club Cricketer
What part of "case closed" don't you understand?
No offense, but I think "case closed" is rather a smug form of response to a post asking for guidance and "what part of...don't you understand" is also, in my opinion, a particularly patronising choice of phrase if your intention is not to provoke. I realise this is a matter of personal style and you have every right to pride yourself on your talent for absolute, if monosyllabic, conviction but I appreciate Ajh1977's thoughtful response more than "case closed" x2.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
No offense, but I think "case closed" is rather a smug form of response to a post asking for guidance and "what part of...don't you understand" is also, in my opinion, a particularly patronising choice of phrase

We've not met, have we?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes and no.

I agree with this, I don't see what peoples' problem is. Yes the tolerances are higher, but no the difficulty does not enhance player skills.

To put it in perspective, I tried bowling in Legend as a fresh career. It was a tad harder to nail the release point but a perfectly delivered ball was neither more nor less effective than it was on Pro Difficulty. Certainly not demonstrably in any case.

Case closed!

People are being overly hung up by this. Really? I simply read this as "No more need be said!" :)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
You appear to be a master debater.

YGQYDPM.gif

Bahger

Club Cricketer
"Case closed", "what part of…don't you understand"; it's not about the content of the posts; these are patronising cliches designed to assert one viewpoint and close the door on further discussion.

Last edited:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
On the contrary, it's equivalent to "I rest my case". Meaning, unless anyone else has anything more to add, all that needed to be said, has been said.

And for that matter, no one else has had anything more constructive to say, so what say we all drop it. Fellas, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread