Do you want to make games for PC and XBox 360? Then download this!

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
For all you wannabe games designers out there, Microsoft has just released the first full version of Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express.

XNA_Hero_Banner2.jpg

'So, what is it?' I hear you ask.

Microsoft.com said:
XNA Game Studio Express enables hobbyists, academics, and small, independent game developers to easily create video games for Windows and the Xbox 360 console using new, optimized cross-platform gaming libraries based on .NET. This official release enables the creation of games for Windows XP SP2-based PCs. Combined with an active membership in the XNA Creators Club (available from Xbox Live Marketplace), you can also create, debug, and play games on your Xbox 360 console.
(You can also read the FAQs here)

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm downloading it as I type this post. If you want to try it out then just follow this link.

Who knows, maybe someone will make a cricket game. :p

What sort of games are we talking? Games like the small flash games like Stick Cricket, 16-bit sort of games like Super Mario snes or full on proper 3d games?

YEh i wanna see someone try it first. does it require C?

I'm pretty certain this isn't a layman's tool to make game's, but someone who has the knowledge and wants the opportunity, without having to invest in the resources. :)

This sounds really interesting by the sounds of things. Though, I have no experience with this sort of stuff and wouldn't have a clue as to how to patch and make it. I hope someone reads a ton of the suggestions on the Cricket 2007 forum from earlier this year and proceeds in making it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread