Does anybody bowl a whole test match?

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wondering if anyone out there actually bowls for the whole test match or just bowls a little and puts on the autoplay?

Im contemplating it, Ive bowled about 55 overs and now and for only 2 wickets Im beginning to get frustrated.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Lol yes mate, i always bowl the full innings. Patience is the name of the game. Pakistan batted for 170 overs the other day and made around 380.

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, me too, always bowl a full innings. In fact, I think I like bowling more than batting, coz batting can be so frustrating.
As Gas says, patience is the key. In my Test atm, Ponting is thrashing the ball all round the ground, so I'm trying to subdue him and come up with a plan to get him out. Failed dismally so far :( ;) .

cpt crash

Club Cricketer
I tend to use autoplay when 2 batters get in and I can get them out. This usually 'buys' you at least 1 wicket!

Love Cricket

School Cricketer
bowling is no more boring in cricket 2005. A bowler can swing in the air and many more fun
i have bowled 189 overs using pakistan and india are 322 for 8 it has lot of fun

kodos

International Coach
bowling is alot more fun in cricket 2005. I sometimes autoplay and sometimes bowl throughout. When i do autoplay its usually because the oppossing team has a really low total or because the other team is going very well . for example im versing sri lanka and they are currently 1-198 in 50 overs in a test match.

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Well Im nearly up to 80 overs now and have Bangledesh 110-5 ish and have to admit Im enjoying it. I find though you seem to geta wicket when you have just loaded the game up.

From my experience swing bowling tends to produce some well good results.

Think Im gonna bowl the rest of the inning especially after what you blokes have said. Should think the victory is sweeter this way, if I win anyway.

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
jonah said:
In my Test atm, Ponting is thrashing the ball all round the ground, so I'm trying to subdue him and come up with a plan to get him out. Failed dismally so far :( ;) .

I had Ponting running amok in my last test; I noticed that if a quick, e.g. Harmison, bowled over the wicket to him, short at about 3/4 to 4/5 pace just outside off, he'd pull it in the air to the mid-on/mid-wicket area, perhaps a bit deeper. I think one of the standard fields has a fielder in this area, so I set the trap & an over or so later got him caught in that region.

I managed to do the same against a left-hander bowling round the wicket, though, in either case, get it slightly wrong and watch the ball speed to the boundary... :rolleyes:

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Ooh yes. I always bowl all through. Will soon be trying with a larger cursor, or turning the cursor off entirely to try and increase the cpu's scoring rate.

Its good to see more people trying / enjoying the bowling in 2k5. I enjoyed it in 2k4 as well. This year's is definitely better. Its nice to be able to take some really well worked and realistic wickets (re jonah's satisfying wickets thread).

Last edited:

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Yes, whether intentional by the developers or not, you can take wickets if you bowl to a plan.

Though a little unbalanced in favour of spinners, crowding a new batsman and bowling full just outside off, particularly into rough patches later in a match, often has them pushing defensively and getting an edge.

And with any bowler, bowling a few similar deliveries to lull the batsman into playing a certain line, then bowling a different/slower/faster ball can result in those all-important edges...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yes i think bowling has come on so much in this version, although i still feel its a little bit to easy with spinners.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
I must agree with the spinners. Even Gilo seems to be able to turn the ball. Maybe reducing the "spins and speeds" values in the config files would reduce the edges somewhat. I may try that in a bit

Users who are viewing this thread