Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I do find it frustrating how when we've got a CEO actually posting here (two in fact) people instantly forget just how little info and screens etc we had on previous games. We've had an unbelievable level of insight and access this time round. Sure the game might not be for everyone but people just demand more and more no matter how much they're given.
No-one is saying don't criticise the game; we're saying if you do make sure it's backed up with some actual facts.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do find it frustrating how when we've got a CEO actually posting here (two in fact) people instantly forget just how little info and screens etc we had on previous games. We've had an unbelievable level of insight and access this time round. Sure the game might not be for everyone but people just demand more and more no matter how much they're given.
No-one is saying don't criticise the game; we're saying if you do make sure it's backed up with some actual facts.

So you don't agree with people being critical of what we've seen. A few screens and a video or two and you're sold Colin? How has the crap we've been served up over the years not made you bitter and resentful? I fear it has made me negative towards new ventures.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
How on earth did you get that from my post? I'm as bitter, cynical and twisted as the next guy. More so!
My point is about how people are choosing up criticise. The stuff about the release date is just ridiculous.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
How on earth did you get that from my post? I'm as bitter, cynical and twisted as the next guy. More so!
My point is about how people are choosing up criticise. The stuff about the release date is just ridiculous.

I don't think we were on the same wavelength when I posted.

I completely agree that the whole release date is ridiculous. If any developers where under any illusion about missing a date you've released then Mike Fegan will probably be the face of the Wikipedia entry of failed targets. Why would Big Ant allow themselves to be put in that position.

As I've stated, I can't easily get behind a cricket game because of the amount of rubbish that has been served up. What I take annoyance with is the attitude of this CEO(?) of Big Ant. I like pride, I like confidence but not at the fun of amusement against a competitor. Especially when said competitor is obviously having a bad time of it.

madman981

Club Captain
He's the boss. He's got so many contacts that he could have you working KFC within the hour.

Just to make sure my post is slightly on topic here,

The whole buildup of these two cricket games have been farcical really. If people could agree that before we criticise, praise or simply "fangirl," as 95% of this forum does lets equally give both games a chance and wait until they're released. Personally I'm hoping DB14 comes out with a shocker of a bug or something just so the developer who comments here with his sly rival-bashing gets brought back down to earth.

You are a flog!

----------

CEO of what? Big Ant Studios? bitch please, small fry you are!

Please leave here and never post again!!

if we never hear from your pea brain mouth again, we will all be better for it, you and ya boyfreind simbazz can go make out in a public toilet somewhere

savvart

Associate Cricketer
This is why this forum is going down hill. The same questions over and over, the same responses...

Is anyone on this forum over the age of 13???

Dannyburke

Club Captain

You are having a nightmare here son. You might want to have a lie down.

Honestly, do you really believe they have shown nothing different?

Career mode and manual appealing are two right off the top of my head that have never been seen before and have been requested many a time.

To be honest career mode is something which is and has been bog standard in sport games for years, its hardly anything new. The same can be said for manual appealing, cricket is based on appealing decisions, next you'll be saying how great it is that this game includes stumps and a ball.

Are they new or are they not?

A single player career mode is new to a cricket game. End of really.

Manual appealing is also new, correct?

You can try and belittle a comment, but the way you in which you do it is embarrassing. You ask whats new, I tell you two features which are new to cricket game. You have no response.

Because one weeks worth of movement could change the month?

I do agree with your general point though, if one is know (to a two week range it would be nice to know but I wont be beating myself up over it.

Well its not too hard to say that it is due to drop between the end of September and middle of October for example.

I was being pedantic with the first bit (obviously I would think) and agree with you on that, but I don't sit there and abuse the makers because of it.

In what way do they have the same shortcomings? They didnt give a release day only wait until right before it to miss it. Twice.
Effectively starting an advertising campaign and getting fans on board without any real intention to announce a release date. They keep discussing how they dont want to discuss an announcement. If you have nothing to bring to the table then don't sit down.

Marketing campaigns start much longer in advance than this on other games. They have actually brought a lot of screens/videos to the table lately. I would say that leads to a release date being in the near future.

I dont think this game will be perfect, but it could be. Its unlikely anyone would nail it first time though and this could be the beginning of a great series. Especially as BA seem very receptive to the community.
For me the underlined just shows the ridiculous expectation on this game.

Whats the ridiculous expectation in the underlined? I clearly stated that I dont think its going to be perfect, but you can never close the door on it being "perfect" until you play it. You also chose to ignore the rest of the section where I say its also unlikely someone could nail it first time. Anyone can make a point if they ignore the facts

As for "Just get the game out there", well thats just a load of crap. Do you want a flawed product out there?
Well haven't they been saying for ages that the game is complete but they just need to pick the right strategic date to release it. It's not like a major series has just ended and people have no recent cricket game to waste the time between series with. Its not like they currently have no rival either...

I don't believe they have been saying that. As far as I am aware they are still testing. I dont comb every thread on this board so please correct me if I am wrong.

AbdullahKhanCricket

Club Cricketer
I joined the forum about a month ago and every day, every hour I checked this forum to see the latest. I even went over every post by Mikey & Ross but now I've given up. I will just buy the game when its out as its too much going through the delays etc.

umosay

Club Captain
I joined the forum about a month ago and every day, every hour I checked this forum to see the latest. I even went over every post by Mikey & Ross but now I've given up. I will just buy the game when its out as its too much going through the delays etc.

What delays are these o_O

Fernando Upeka

School Cricketer
Ross I know there is a different thread for my question but you seem not going through it,:rolleyes
1)Will the game release in Sri Lanka?:)
2)I know the retailers decide the retail price but can you assume the price I mean my limit is LKR 5000.:(

----------

And also can you give me some links for pre order in sub continent,I mean Sri lanka:clap:clap:wave:thumbs

Ross My questions come on any one please answer these:mad:facepalm

ATMega169P

Banned
I don't think we were on the same wavelength when I posted.

I completely agree that the whole release date is ridiculous. If any developers where under any illusion about missing a date you've released then Mike Fegan will probably be the face of the Wikipedia entry of failed targets. Why would Big Ant allow themselves to be put in that position.

As I've stated, I can't easily get behind a cricket game because of the amount of rubbish that has been served up. What I take annoyance with is the attitude of this CEO(?) of Big Ant. I like pride, I like confidence but not at the fun of amusement against a competitor. Especially when said competitor is obviously having a bad time of it.

I might not agree with everything you said but I deffinately agree with this statement. Big Ant has taken it as granted that their game is the best cricket game made until now. This is probably the reason why they have stuffed themselves with so much attitude. The videos we have seen are not even close to what we need to see in order to call this a better game than even Ashes 09. The bowler was able to bowl in Ashes 09 too right? We haven't seen the gameplay yet even after requests as they have alot of excuses set aside to tackle them.

What if the AI batsman gets run out every 3 overs like it was happening in Ashes 09? Do we see anything that supports that in the released gameplay videos? So what if it has BARS? Any game developer can implement features in the game but the gameplay is what actually matters. We probably know just 4% about the gameplay of DBC14. The thread is created by the BigAnt for a release date days before the date is announced so that hype can build up. I mean what is even the point of this thread if the release date isn't even mentioned? What do you mean discuss all the release date questions here? What is there to discuss? What number the date should be? What month is lucky for the game to release?

The only question we are left with is to ask "When is the game going to release?" but then we get attacked with questions asking why are we asking the same question over and over again. :facepalm

Request to BigAnt: Please act like game developers and lower down the attitude level a bit.:)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Request to BigAnt: Please act like game developers and lower down the attitude level a bit.:)

Given their commitment to the game, I don't think it is unreasonable to have a bit of attitude towards unjustified/factually incorrect comments.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
@ATMega169P
Ross obviously opened this thread so that the admins could dump the non-sensical "I want a release date now!" Qs here and he could conveniently ignore them. Duh.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

If I was to act like a game developer then I wouldn't be on here.

Obviously there are people here that no matter what we do, from the Academy through to gameplay videos, nothing is good enough.

I am the first to say that our game is not FIFA, it is not Madden, but I am proud of what the team here have achieved.

What these posts do is underline, seriously underline, that we need to only come onto forums in the last two months of development as there are a group of people that just cannot stay the journey.

Willing to cop any criticism at all when it has a factual basis. To say we have shown nothing is baseless and says more about the person posting than it does us and our game.

Far better to take what we have posted/shown, with a critical eye, and pick it apart for there are faults that I would not mind discussing at all, for example, why batsmen cannot change headgear during a session, why they can't tilt their hat at a milestone, and the like - real questions.

Request to ATMega169P: Lower your sense of entitlement, I actually you *nothing*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread