Not open for further replies.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
that'd be dumb though - especially if they don't release it in England during an Ashes Series with literally no window during the summer (World Cup + Commonwealth Games taking you through to September after the EPL finished) - they'd have to shove it out in March when no one really cares about cricket (pre-IPL/CC, and no one watches ODI cricket) or release it against the biggest world sporting competition in the world, or a major athletics event hosted by Scotland...

e: also; I know a bunch of people (including me) hanging back on the next-gen stuff for six months to see about exclusives and to allow the first few hardware problems to get fixed (or for money reasons), so a current-gen version would still have a market...

St0ney

Club Captain
Just release thru steam for PC users. Consoles could get it later.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why do that when you have platform approvals (we assume), and seemingly the ability to still release on consoles this year? This isn't like Ashes where they want to sneak the game out; they'll want to actually market the game beforehand, and doing that for a steam only release and then to have to do it against would be stupid...

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
To suggest otherwise is bordering on silly . There is no "magical day" where everyone suddenly decides to buy cricket games again. Saying I don't know what I'm talking about when you are obviously just talking aimlessly is a waste of time.

No seriously, you are completely clueless, and I'm giving you a break here because English is obviously not your first language.

You do not understand how difficult it is to sell niche entertainment products, let alone with only a small marketing budget to work with, and clearly you have no experience of marketing aside from as a consumer.

This is why you're coming up with bullshit theories about the game not being fit for release, despite the fact that people here have played the damn thing. This is why you see quick, simple answers in a situation that an experienced professional would be unsure about.

thefonz

Banned
No seriously, you are completely clueless, and I'm giving you a break here because English is obviously not your first language.

You do not understand how difficult it is to sell niche entertainment products, let alone with only a small marketing budget to work with, and clearly you have no experience of marketing aside from as a consumer.

This is why you're coming up with bullshit theories about the game not being fit for release, despite the fact that people here have played the damn thing. This is why you see quick, simple answers in a situation that an experienced professional would be unsure about.

I think there is a rambo game coming out you might be interested in.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Interesting question, if AC2013 was a good game, probably worse.. But AC2013 being not even a functioning game and making the papers was infinitely worse.. Ideally they would have liked to have seen an average game that doesn't get much publicity or change much..

I don't know if the game was ready before AC2013 came out, but if it was then I have no sympathy for their current situation. First mover advantage is high school stuff.. Nobody could have foreseen the events of last week, but a game sat in a warehouse while they try and drum up support on here and on facebook, when they know full well there hasn't been a decent cricket game for over ten years, doesn't hold much truck with me.. If the game isn't ready, well then fair enough I hope they are still working hard on it..

Another thing I hadn't realized, by next year the transition to PS4 and Xbox One will be happening, and this game will be released on old hardware..

If ashes was a good game then we wouldn't be too bothered about DBC as we'd have a good game to play until it releases

jshil89

School Cricketer
I have just recently learnt of this Game after reading online about the apparent debacle that was Ashes Cricket 2013, I saw that someone had posted in the comments section of one of these stories about Don Bradman Cricket and decided to have a look for myself and found myself here on the Planet Cricket Forums. Reading back over the past few pages of this thread I have found myself concluding that everyone seriously needs to settle down and understand the other side of the argument in this case.
Big Ant clearly could not have predicted the media coverage that such a bad game could have gotten, people stating otherwise need a reality check, which in this case has even led Fox Sports News to have a feature video detailing the Worst Sports Games ever listing Ashes Cricket amongst them. So for Big Ant to decide to delay their game for a month or two would not be the worst thing in the World, as the ODI?s start immediately after the Test Matches and run through to February, all of which will get equal media attention as the Test Matches, as ODI?s run in Prime Time on TV in Australia.
On the other side of the coin we have those who obviously feel like they are being misled by Big Ant, and understandably so, as the original post in this thread states ?The Game will be here in 2013?. So being December 2013, it is unlikely, however understandably, that the game will be released in 2013.
Finally, for those criticising Ross on this matter, we must look at the times in which he has updated the users on this forum, and to claim that he is somehow withholding information about the release date, I personally believe that it is unlikely that even he knows, the exact date, following recent events, and he is probably waiting to ride out the storm that is Ashes Cricket, before updating us about the release date.

tonari

School Cricketer
Big ant atleast tell us that game gonna release in 2013 or 2014?you people told us you gonna tell us atleast last of november.now november also gone.release date ????:)

haidox

School Cricketer
Big ant atleast tell us that game gonna release in 2013 or 2014?you people told us you gonna tell us atleast last of november.now november also gone.release date ????:)

Hi, just joined the site. The Big Ant Studios website still says the game will be released in 2013. I think thy would be the first place to be updated if that still wasn't the case.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
There is absolutely no chance that the game can be released in 2014. The game will realease this year come what may. I do not know why people are making such a big issue out of it when Ross hasnt ever mentioned that there are chances of the game slipping into next year. I am very positive that I will be getting this game as my Christmas gift. :):yes:yes

ElPrez

School Cricketer
If ashes was a good game then we wouldn't be too bothered about DBC as we'd have a good game to play until it releases

If Ashes 2013 was good would BA release earlier to compete with them despite being the lesser known game or release later to avoid competing? Irrelevant now obviously but interesting to know what their strategy was. Hindsight is wonderful but the best thing would have been to release before Ashes. Now they are stuck between a rock and hard place, probably wishing that Ashes was playable at best rather than the laughing stock it was.

Just like in cricket, if you want to win you have to take chances. They have done that gameplay wise and it looks like it has paid off. Now they have to weigh up whether to take a chance with release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread