Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

What would be the version number if I have downloaded the patch? I am pretty sure I have as I have not faced any gamr crashing issue in XB. Also yes there are few flaws in the game but the there is plenty of things new to play with ignoring the few flaws while BA team works on patching it.

Hello there, I think I am experiencing most of the issues that Royce has described as well. I have downloaded the game from US psn store. My game has crashed 3 times in first hour of play. Please take a look and fix this issue ASAP as this is very frustrating for a user who's been waiting for a long time to play.

Platform: PS4
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: ODI/T20/Five
Get Best Teams used: NA
Ground: Melbourne
Over Count: 3
Issue (one line description): Issue with Academy sync/Game Freeze/Gameplay error
Bug description (detail): I got the game from US psn store and below are the issues I have faced in 1 hour of gameplay
A) Academy unable to sync best teams. I got academy error so I had to do it one by one.
B) Game crashed 3 times in a row while playing different game modes. Max I could play was for about 30 mins without crash. I would simply have to restart my PS4 pro. Third time I just got frustrated and went to sleep.
C) I was given out by the umpire even when the fielder clearly caught me behind the boundary line. That was never an issue with db14.

DeleteBookmark
Edit+ Quote Reply

Hi folks I don't know where to put this . But I have had atleast 20 crashes in 5 hours of playing and any game from tour to career.

Other then that the game plays very well and must buy for any cricket fan.

Graphics are a great jump from the last one.

Gameplay similar yet way better.

Cricket academy couldn't do much with the downloads .

Player models waiting for the best ones to be created.

Well done big ant .

I've only had one crash in about 7 hours of playing (thanks heavens for the autosave though)

Got to say i love that the crowd in the stadium slowly gets bigger and bigger as the match goes on (In my club career) Very nice touch :)

It was the first ball I bowled in one of my career modes. I bowled a good length delivery with a slight bit of outswing. The bloke goes for a drive but takes a huge edge and flies to a diving gully fielder and takes a stunner. Fair to say I was barred up after that.

Played the game for a few days now and have to say it's such a great game thanks to big ant.
The best cricket game by a country mile!!!

ok selected for shield now just played my first game, first innings made 84 off 80 balls second innings 15 not out of 18 balls.

impressions from shield cricket are that the game is MUCH MUCH improved realism wise over the last DBC. My wagon wheel had shots all around the ground instead of just having to premeditate and target one area.

Spin bowlers actually turn the ball now, i ended up out to an edge off zampa and had a few other zampa balls that got by me and hit my pads outside the line. The ball tracking at the end of overs shows the turn too.

The line is much easier to read with the slower ball speed now too, i found myself actually leaving balls outside off which i never did in the past. My run rate would have been lower in the first innings but i found Chad Sayers so easy to just drive that it pumped my run rate.

Shots with no triggers held down feel better now too, in the past game defensive shots went no where and you couldnt just push one for a single but no trigger shots went for four or too far. i found myself pushing with no triggers and the shot was realistically defensive enough for singles or if timed well and in a big gap would still run enough for 2s or 3s. Maybe it's my players low strength but it felt good.

Played game for the first time and i must say i am really impressed with the graphics... i believe they are truly next gen! People who say the graphics are a downgrade from DBC14 need to get their specs upgraded!!!

Last edited:
Just a few concerns here...

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE GAME AND CANNOT CATEGORICALLY STATE THAT WHAT YOU ARE WATCHING IS POST PATCH THE STFU!

If you have the game and have not patched it, but post about it anyway, then thanks for your support, but really....

Please consider this hypothetical situation before telling us to "STFU"...

"Hi, my name is Kevin, I just bought your game for $100, I do not have the internet, this game sucks, what am I to do???"

And another hypothetical situation here...

"Hi, my name is Jim, I was a bit concerned with some of the footage I saw online of this game I was thinking about buying. I went to the forums associated with this game, asked a few questions about what I had seen, and the GAME DEVELOPER told me to STFU... Wow I sure do feel like supporting this game developer!!!"

THINK ABOUT HOW THIS MAKES YOU LOOK BIGANT...

Pissing me off - even regulars here who know better are doing the "I don't have the game but...." - it's going to be easier to have an "Include" list rather than an "Ignore" list.

Yes, what a great idea for capitalism, "You may not comment on how bad our product is until you have given us your hard earned cash"

Got to remember that if the guys at BA have too much noise and red-herrings then it will not be possible to get this done quickly.

I certainly don't know what is true at this point.

Ooh, ooh!!! Noise and red-herrings!! Couldn't just be >9000 people complaining about their actual experiences with the game...

I want to state this for the record BA...

"WE ARE NOT YOUR Q&A TEAM"

"OUR FEEDBACK DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN ANY SPECIFIC FORMAT!! ITS OUR FEEDBACK!!" - It was the job of your Q&A team and testers to provide specific and exact feedback on bugs, we bought what we thought was a FINISHED GAME, not an early access one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few concerns here...

Please consider this hypothetical situation before telling us to "STFU"...

"Hi, my name is Kevin, I just bought your game for $100, I do not have the internet, this game sucks, what am I to do???"

And another hypothetical situation here...

"Hi, my name is Jim, I was a bit concerned with some of the footage I saw online of this game I was thinking about buying. I went to the forums associated with this game, asked a few questions about what I had seen, and the GAME DEVELOPER told me to STFU... Wow I sure do feel like supporting this game developer!!!"

Yes, what a great idea for capitalism, "You may not comment on how bad our product is until you have given us your hard earned cash"

Ooh, ooh!!! Noise and red-herrings!! Couldn't just be >9000 people complaining about their actual experiences with the game...

I want to state this for the record BA...

"OUR FEEDBACK DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN ANY SPECIFIC FORMAT!! ITS OUR FEEDBACK!!"

That's a hypothetical person without Internet posting on an Internet forum, right?

This particular forum has an interest in supporting BA and in particular supporting them to identify areas to improve because they have a record of doing so. If there's a format that makes it easier for them to do so, we go along with that because the ultimate beneficiaries are us.

Criticism that is valid and constructive is welcomed by all. I have some concerns about some areas of the game that I will be airing in due course.

The vast majority of people here want this game to succeed and want the issues ironed out asap. That will not be aided by a "I paid money I can post however I like".

Got it now, so happy with all the customisable stuff. Haven't really got round to much gameplay yet, but I would say the one thing that's irritated me is the stumps going flying every time a pace bowler takes a wicket, when most of the time they barely bend the stumps back.

It think it's pretty awesome and makes him look pretty cool and frankly, real. He's got every right to defend his product. It's a bonus for me if he takes numbers and names while he does it.

A+, would subscribe.

"You may not comment on how bad our product is until you have given us your hard earned cash"

[/laughingmyinternetassoff] ...I can't wait to read your magazine where you review movies you've never paid to watch, instead basing your critiques on bootlegged Youtube clips.

Um, nobody is saying we are or should be. They're asking for feedback and bug reports in a specific format to aid speed in identifying and fixing them. Let me know how you go sheep-wrangling a bunch of nobodies in an internet forum to provide comprehensive, effective feedback by shoving poorly worded, emotive replies randomly into dozens of different threads.

This thread is awesome.

Bought Dbc 17 for by the xbox one. Got to say this is a great game. Really, there are great graphics, and good game play. Id give this game a 8.5/10. Even though commemtry is not really great, it somehow supports the gameplay really well. Great stuff Big Ant, thank you for making an awesome game. Argh... I keep edged to the keeper whenever I play a glance to third man!

Only thing I was unhappy with was the commentry. Isnt really great, but did you actually hire James Taylor for the commentry?!

Users who are viewing this thread