Motorsport Drag Racing Videos

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, last weekend I spent Sunday at Santa Pod in Northamptonshire for the European Finals of the FIA/UEM schedules.

Got some good videos, I'll post some of the best, and feel free to roam around others. Got some more to sort through tomorrow!

Fastest run outside of the US for a supercharged and alcohol fuelled dragster. Timo also became European Champion with this run. These beasts run at about 6,000 horsepower.

On a bye run, Ulf Leanders backed up his 5.687 in qualifying to break the European ET (Elapsed Time) record.

Pro Mod battle between Graham Ellis (Plymouth Superbird far lane, has a huge 12 litre engine iirc) and Mats Eriksson (Ford Crown Victoria, near lane)

Some bike action...

The deep boom of the SuperTwins. These monsters can run up to 3 litres (from 2 cylinders!) and between 800 and 1,000 horspower.

Top Fuel Bike, these are at over 1,000 horsepower, and Peter Svensson in the far lane was running quick times all weekend. Before the race meet, the fastest Top Fuel time in Europe was 6.117, the slowest he ran all weekend (11 runs or so) was a 6.089, he also ran the first 5-second run outside of Europe. This is a seriously quick bike. Note on this run how he keeps the throttle in despite getting close to the centre-line.

These were all taken with my digital camera set to video mode. Not bad result from 640 x 480 I don't think!

Turn up your speakers, and the bass, particularly for the SuperTwins. You won't have heard anything like them!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pcfan123

Nice to see this sport is popular outside the US as well.

D

Dutch

I love drag racing but always trip up on my high-heels and dress. What a bummer.:)

Nice videos by the way.

When I still lived in England I used to love going to Brands Hatch and Iwade racecourse to watch the races. The smells man, the smells! Heaven!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice to see this sport is popular outside the US as well.

Growing in popularity in Europe. Just built a new strip in Hungary and Italy. Crowds have been getting bigger over the last few years. Getting bigger in Australia too.

Not my video but...

A friends 9.6L V8 Dodge Challenger, doing burnout, wheelie and run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread