Dubai Super Sixes - Did you guys hear about it?

niteshgoel31

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you guys heard about Dubai Super sixes which is going to start from 1st of October 2010.
It has got the likes of Wasim Akram, Lance Klusener and other legendary players..its a corporate cricketing event which is going to take place in Dubai....Its going to be really awesome. :banana2

..cant wait..did you guys hear about it??

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A simple copy of the Hong Kong Sixes which I believe is far bigger than this one. A reason why this may not be successful is because of the size of the ground. The HK grounds are smaller and the climate too is fantastic. Dubai would be hot at that time of the year and that could cause a problem.

P

pcfan123

Will it be televised?

Also can Wasim Akram still bowl? Will be interesting to see how he goes after battling diabetes and other health concerns this last decade.

Really really hope there is video of this event, I never got to see Akram bowling live.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
He will bowl, but the format is such that he will be walloped. Also, his pace would have reduced drastically. Nevertheless, it would be fascinating to see him bowl live yet again.

P

pcfan123

They need to use a ball that gets exaggerated swing for these type of games. That makes it more fun for both sides, I remember in Beach Cricket in Australia the ball swung like mad.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
aren't you only allowed to take like 3-6 steps run up or something like that?

McLOVIN added 2 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

nvm we only do that here

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
aren't you only allowed to take like 3-6 steps run up or something like that?

yeah in beach cricket. that was fun to watch sir richard hadlee dropped a sitter which could've won us the final :facepalm:p

I heard about this on ICC Cricket World i think, great idea so does this replace the hong kong event?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When Dubai do things, they do them big.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
must be televised though, star plus are associated with it. My guess is that the latter half of the tournament will be televised when the stars come out to play.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
48 teams. Sweet. Finally a REAL "world cup". Don't let ICC get to it. They will trim it down to 5 teams. Top 5 test teams. ****heads

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How does having 48 teams make it a world cup :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread