EA Cricket 2005!?

maric

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
EA Sports Australia have a poll running on their web site asking people which game are they eagerly awaiting for. Among the games that are listed there, Cricket 2005 has got the maximum number of votes.

However, nothing has been mentioned about the game. Neither EA nor HB have any news regarding Cricket 2004's sequel.

If released, then after a long time we will see a EA Cricket Game's name based on an odd year.

It is still not known who is going to develop EA's next cricket game as EA's coverage for Cricket 2004 has been poor as compared to Cricket 2002. They didn't release a demo, movie, patch nor did they feature Cricket 2004 on their web site properly.

If EA changes the developer then it would be like hitting an Axe on your own foot as HB Studios had settled as a developer and recently Euro 2004 stole a feature from Cricket 2004. It will be suicidal to change developers again.

gold639

International Coach
I dont wanna dissapoint you,but this is old news. :(

Rangeela

International Coach
Yeah, it is old news. The chances of cricket 2005 being released are very slim.

umosay

Club Captain
Why do you think the chances are slim? HB are making Rugby 2005 at the moment, due for release in march 2005... which is being based on the fifa 2005 engine. From early indications it will be the best rugby game ever, easily. I think this means that if HB were to make a new cricket game, no reason why they won't, it will (should) have a totally new engine like rugby 2005, Rugby 2005 will have Fifa graphics, AI and all the rest of it, so it would be suicidle not to use it for Cricket aswell. I'm guessing they will release a Cricket 2006

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The last time we heard from Andrew Wilson Rugby2005 was in production but Cricket2005 wasn't. We also know that they usually have an 18 month development cycle so a release a year after C2k4 would be unlikely. The only chance of c2k5 being released is as a patched version of c2k4 based on the fact that HB have to wait a year before being allowed to make a patch.

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
The only chance there was of C2K5 being released are if the planets align with the sun, a purple line shoots through all the planets and the Moon runs into Pluto.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Jarryd said:
The only chance there was of C2K5 being released are if the planets align with the sun, a purple line shoots through all the planets and the Moon runs into Pluto.
Oh, you are doing Physics like me Jarryd? :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Skateboarder2 said:
It's been confirmed that cricket 2006 will be the sequel to cricket 2004, developed by HB studios and released late 2005 (in australia and new zealand) and early 2006 (england). this is the same cycle as cricket 2004 took.

NOTE: The english version of cricket 2004 has different things in it than others. e.g different animations, commentary phrases etc.
Are you sure the Aussie version is different? What makes you say that?

graham1

School Cricketer
hi HB Studios have changed the game from 2006 to Cricket 2005 on there website so we might get more news soon :cheers

straw

Club Cricketer
graham1 said:
hi HB Studios have changed the game from 2006 to Cricket 2005 on there website so we might get more news soon :cheers

Indeed it has. But I have to say BLIC has to be really **** for me to get this.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread