Eden Park Auckland

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe you guys should start performing in test cricket for the crowds to come. :D
Then there is that drop in pitches....

Obviously performance has something to do with it, but part of the problem here is that most people plain and simply aren't interested in watching seven hours of cricket in a row. Similar to something like football, it's extremely widely played, but most people think that they're boring to watch. Obviously I don't agree with that regarding cricket, but I do regarding football. :p

One of the great things about Eden Park is the outer oval there (which Auckland is going back to playing its domestic matches on this season), which is open for people to play on while the Test/ODI goes on in the main stadium. Back in the day when Tests were last here you might only spend a third of the day actually watching the game, and the rest we'd spend playing our own games on the outer oval.

spooony

Club Captain
143162.jpg
Eden PArk boundaries are small. I remember Morkel clubbing 3 of them over long off.

Last edited:

6ry4nj

International Coach
^ Yep, that's because it's a Rugby Stadium.
Ah yes well now I see your problem. If only NZ would convert to Aussie Rules, they would be guaranteed plenty of massive stadiums to play cricket in... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread