editing players commentary

P

peterp

Hi fellow cricketfans :clap: ,

I hope someone can show me the (exact) way to edit names in the commentary.
Does someone have or know where I can find an exact userguide to edit names in the Tom Hicks player editor.
I downloaded Hex, Gap and a sound editor, but don't know what to do.
In Gap, I scanned the names directory and 800 soundfiles appear. Then what?? I really can't figure that out.
How do you extract these files to a folder? And then what.
I'm getting a headache from it. Collingwood is still called Afzaal, there are only Scottish names in the Dutch team etc. Not that I don't like them, but he, I'm Dutch and I like to win a worldcup ever :-) :cheer:
I hope you understand my problem, not knowing exactly what to do is very frustrating. If it is a happy thoughts of a job, please let me know. Then I can get it out of my mind. Thank you and greetz ,

Peter

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
These are instructions to record your own commentary.

There is a list of 800 names in GAP. Choose the 40 files for Scotland/Holland and save them all one by one (give them names such as 1a, 2a, 1b, 2b etc.). This is done by selecting the file and clicking save as.
Open the saved files in goldwave.
Example saved file 1a: it will say Stanger at the moment, record over it with the name you wish Holland player 1 to be. Do the same for 1b.
Insert them into the names.pak by the following method:
Using Tom Hick's player editor find Scotland; click replace sound and replace the old scotland 1a with your new Holland 1a. They will all fit provided you don't change the size when you save them (quite hard sometimes as you have to get very long names into very short files).
Any probs PM or e-mail me.
cheers,
Colin

P

peterp

:thumbs: Colin,

Thanks for your clear explanation :( , I'll try it tonight. I understand what you mean :D .
The last part is to change the names in the Tom Hicks editor. There I had the following problem:

When I open the editor, there are teams and players. Per example I select Hayden (did a marvelous job today, isn't it?).
Next I push the replace sound and nothing happens (what should appear?).
Then I push the play sound button (under the button I read "length of file unknown").
Then I push play sound 1 and a runtime error 76 appears. It says "path not found"
Can you (or anyone else) help me out again? I would appreciate it very much.
I would be grateful B)
Greetz again,

Peter

E

ejaz

Whats the best Hex Editor and Sound Editor to use for this ???

kewldude

R

rasi

We had this problem earlier for people having multiple copies of the game installed. If that is the case, the only way will be to delete the copies other than the original one.

R

rasi

Originally posted by kewldude_78@Oct 10 2003, 10:04 PM
Whats the best Hex Editor and Sound Editor to use for this ???

kewldude
I beleive the best sound editor is Goldwave. I had done commentary for some 840 names using a wide variety of programs, but Goldwave was the best.

And, you do not need a hex editor for this.

E

ejaz

Thanks for the reply, Iniyan.

There's a method for changing the names of the players mentioned in Cricket2002.tk Tutorials section. Is that the best way to go about it ??

Kewldude

A

Admin

No. Its the time-consuming manual alternative. Try it only if Tom's editor absolutely doesn't work.

And peterp, Iniyan has extracted the wavs from the pak file for Scotland. Might save you some time

Here

You might consider backing up any gfx/ctms you need and reinstalling if you still have problems

P

peterp

Hi Colin/Vineet and all others,

Colin's explanation of editing names is as cristal clear to me :thumbs: .
I only have a problem with the Tom Hicks editor. It seems to me that the editor can't find the sound files. When I click "show multi media", beneath (under) play sound 1 there is a text Length of file is <unknown>.
When I push the botton, a runtime error 76 (path not found) appears. It seems so that the editor doesn't know where the soundfiles are.
:helpme: Is that correct? How is that possible? Do you know how to handle this problem?
Ones this is solved, I can edit the names commentary.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Greetz,

Peter

P

peterp

As I wrote, your explanation of editing names is as cristal clear to me.
I only have a problem with the Tom Hicks editor. It seems to me that the editor can't find the sound files. When I click "show multi media", beneath (under) play sound 1 there is a text Length of file is "unknown".
When I push the botton, a runtime error 76 (path not found) appears. It seems so that the editor doesn't know where the soundfiles are. Is that correct? How is that possible? Do you know how to handle this problem?
Ones this is solved, I can edit names commentary.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Greetz,

Peter

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A couple of things for you to check.
First check you have a files called names.pak in the sounds/lists/names folder
Second make sure you don't have the sound file open in the background when you are trying to insert it (or play is) as commentary.
What should happen is that you click play sound and you should hear the current sound and get the file length. As Iniyan said, the other possibility is that you are running more than one installation.

N

Nirav85

i am having problems of me own....when i change saeed anwars name to taufeeq umar ...it doesnt appear in the gameand i did do resotre teams and it is till anwar any help?

P

peterp

Thanks again.
I have that packfile in the file/names directory.
There is no soundfile open.
The problem can be that when I reinstalled the game, old stuff was left behind.
For now, the only thing I can try is to reinstall the game ones again. I suppose that all the installed patches and addons will be gone then??
If that is the case, it's better to wait for Cricket2004. Will it be released next month?
I bought Cricket2002 in England, I can't imagine that Cricket2004 will be available in Holland. Does anybody know how to order the game from Holland?
OK, you all, have a nice week and thanks for answeringh my questions and reading this.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread