England Domestic Cricket 2006

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't know why they shouldn't have confidence in there bowlers.
They have Cork, Anderson Chapple, Kartik.
They could bowl any county side out.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe Anderson's over restrictions had something to do with it. He was only allowed 12 overs I think so maybe that clouded their judgement.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes Matt you are correct once again, both Lancashire and England physios agreed on 12 per innings, but obviously Lancashire missed a trick, i really blame Chilts, ok Warne could have gone about things differntly but to get 440 in two sessions is boardering on impossible, so he was right to have a bit of fun

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I still belive that Lancashire had enough fire power to bowl out Hampshire without Anderson as far as Warne's series of bouncers are concered I feel it was bad for the game.
Warne should know better especially since he's captian.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
RoboRocks said:
I still belive that Lancashire had enough fire power to bowl out Hampshire without Anderson as far as Warne's series of bouncers are concered I feel it was bad for the game.
Warne should know better especially since he's captian.

Yeah i do see your point, and i do agree mostly, but i would be fustrated aswell, people do differnt things when under pressure, Warne was character-like of a man of such entertainment on a field!

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
Yeah i do see your point, and i do agree mostly, but i would be fustrated aswell, people do differnt things when under pressure, Warne was character-like of a man of such entertainment on a field!

Warne is expereinced enough now to keep his antics to the spirit of the game.
Pressure or no pressure.

Sureshot

Executive member
Kev said:
I'm not sure why everyone thinks its ruins the spirit of the game by not declaring in cases like these. Sure everyone likes to see a victory over a draw, but if a draw is good enough for the side why give the opposition the chance of a win. You dont see this in any other sport. In fact when contrived results took place in Formula One there was worldwide outrage of Ferrari's tatics. And surely it would be called match fixing in football.

I like to see results, but I like to see fair results not some joke of a match where one side gives the other an advantage they dont deserve. If you want to win a cricket match you need to be capable of bowling a side out twice. If you cant do that you should stop moaning and get on with it.

Football or F1 are not struggling with the image of their game though.

You have a point though, but I think in cases like this where it mattered not one iota the result, the fans should be allowed to watch something interesting instead of two players defending even horrible balls.

Users who are viewing this thread