England In India - October 2011/12

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Before ODI series started, i was laughing on one comment which was made by cook.

KP is in our plan for 2015 WC.

Who the hell is cook to decide KP future. KP is a world class ODI player and where as cook has just started his ODI career, which i can bet will be ended after 3 tours.. (PAK, SL and IND again)

KP was going through bad form but that comes in everyone career. Form is temporary but class is permanent.

KP has played only 15-20 ODI matches during 2009-2010.. and this year his average is around 30-35 which shows that he is getting start..

Sometimes england make him opener or send him before trott or after trott.

Swann Was speaking lot that KP is not a leader.. Will he be writing sequel to his autobiography regarding COOK now.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
As Captain he gets to pick so...

thats the thing... Cook has not proven himself in ODI cricket like other captains Clarke or Dhoni..

if clarke talks about ponting future, then that sounds sensible as clarke himself is a superb ODI player and experienced.

Anyway i really don't like english cricket much but as a neutral it sounds funny that England players starts talking about KP who is probably their only Match-Winner.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
that England players starts talking about KP who is probably their only Match-Winner.

It isn't an "England player" its the England captain. He has every right to talk about player's role within the team and whether they'll feature.

If you haven't noticed Pietersen has been awful at ODIs for a long, long time and hehis place is obviously there to be questioned. KP has been costing us alot more games than he's been winning the in the last two years in the shorter format.

----------

Cook has not proven himself in ODI cricket like other captains Clarke or Dhoni..

He is the captain. Regardless of whether you believe he's done enough to prove himself to be it, he is and thus does have the authority to question other players futures.

----------

Additionally for what its worth he's scored 816 runs at an average of 47.25 with a strike rate of 92.64 since he's been made captain.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
It isn't an "England player" its the England captain. He has every right to talk about player's role within the team and whether they'll feature.

If you haven't noticed Pietersen has been awful at ODIs for a long, long time and hehis place is obviously there to be questioned. KP has been costing us alot more games than he's been winning the in the last two years in the shorter format.

how many games he has played in last 2 years...

2009-2010 -> only 15-20 Games he has played..

if KP is going to win alone ODI matches for you, then what other 10 players will do..

Infact even in this series, whenever KP was ready to dominate either trott got out or Bopara.. So naturally thats puts lots of pressure on him..

I can bet if trott or Bopara would have not got out in Delhi and Mumbai ODI, he could have scored hundred..

Yuvraj was also out of form just before worldcup but he was getting chances just because he is India's Best Middle Order Batsman, same applies to KP.

About Captain:

KP averages 51 as Captain which is better than Cook..

Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
how many games he has played in last 2 years...

In the last four years Pietersen has played 57 matches and averaged 30. I really don't see how it'd be possible for people to not talk about his position in the side.

----------

About Captain:

KP averages 51 as Captain which is better than Cook..

What does that have to do with anything? KP isn't the captain now because he was ???? at it.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
In the last four years Pietersen has played 57 matches and averaged 30. I really don't see how it'd be possible for people to not talk about his position in the side.

----------

What does that have to do with anything? KP isn't the captain now because he was ???? at it.

Ya, thats why i am very interested to see what england will do with cook if they loses to Pakistan..

KP was remove from Captaincy because under him team was not winning ? right
He averages 51 as captain..
His bad form Started just after India 2008 tour when captaincy was snatched from him..

---------------------------

In last 19 Matches he averages 31 which is better than other guys like Bopara or collingwood or Bell (bell average is 25)..

in 2009 he got only 8 matches to play..
in 2010 he got 9 matches to play..

So he is getting ODI matches in bit and pieces which is far lesser than some Leading ODI players who plays 25-30 Matches in a year..

I am KP fan so i may be speaking him in his favour but getting only 8-9 matches in a year is just too less for someone like him..

Last edited:

aayush93

Club Cricketer
You still don't understand why he is no longer captain judging by this response.

Well with England Team (shorter format) anyone gets captaincy so there is nothing to understand it..

Anyway, i hope he gets more chances and score some hundreds also in future..

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Well with England Team (shorter format) anyone gets captaincy so there is nothing to understand it..

Anyway, i hope he gets more chances and score some hundreds also in future..

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Pietersen resigned, before the ECB had a chance to sack him, because the players couldn't stand him and the board weren't happy with the way he handled it (basically gave the board an ultimatum to get rid of Moores).

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
The last 3 years would only mean 2009-11. Plus, I was inquiring only about the performances in TEST cricket. I've never believed that England have been a better ODI side than India, NEVER. Not in this decade at the least.

Only a biased, deluded person (SaiSrini strikes my mind) wouldn't concede the fact that England are miles ahead of India as far as TEST cricket is concerned. Agree?

England better then India in test? I would not say that both are equal when it comes to Overseas!!

You like stats and here is some stats,

India played 71 matches from 1st Jan 2000 till date have won 24, lost 25 and have drawn 22.

England have played 68 in same time have won 22, lost 24 and drawn 22.

India have the winning % of 0.96 and England 0.91.

South Africa have the best overseas record with 25 wins in 50 matches.

Users who are viewing this thread