England In India - October 2011/12

Great session for England, considering Dhoni sent them in. Lot of focus on the lbw shouts, but methinks they need to find the edge a bit more.

I don't think you know what I'm saying or even read what I wrote. You're just saying what you want to say. It's totally irrelevant whether one side denied it or not. The fact remains that this flawed system is in place for both teams. I am not saying that I agree with India's stance.

We could have had the full DRS but the series is already underway so it's best to stop complaining about what could have been even if it was easily achievable. It's a cop-out to say that "that would have been not out if it was reviewed" every time India takes a wicket and "that would have been out if the full DRS was there" everytime England doesn't take a wicket. Believe it or not, there was life before DRS. Yes, when the technology is there, it should be used but it's not and nothing can be done about it for now.

It's a cop-out because you're essentially saying India's not winning, it's England who's losing because of a flawed system. Like I said, it's a flawed system that's in place for both teams, irrespective of whether one team didn't agree to it or not.

For me it makes quite a big difference. The side that wanted this flawed system has no grounds for feeling unfairly done imho, while the side that wanted a fair system has every right to feel aggrieved and complain about it imho.

On the game itself. Probably 50/50 but india will feel they should have done better after having england 27/2. Another kp 100 would be nice today.

Does anyone else really like Shane Warne's commentary? He's interesting and well-informed and provides some nice banter along with the entertainment of Bumble :)

A little nugget from the Sky Sports Cricket Twitter feed:

Ian Bell's international average at Trent Bridge is just 7.40 with two ducks and a high score of 31.

Does anyone else really like Shane Warne's commentary? He's interesting and well-informed and provides some nice banter along with the entertainment of Bumble :)

I agree, I think he's quite good as he fits in with the other guys so well. Bit annoying at times though when he keeps on about the same thing a bit too much. Like with his 'add 20 runs and take away two wickets' point. So hopefully he'll lose that kind of thing in time and keep the good points.

I shan't argue the toss on this any more after this post and you (plural) can have the last word if you so desire. As irrelevant as it is to what is happening today, Broad does have his history and I suppose one ought to bare that in mind but Praveen Kumar was the problem this morning and it is he who should be ashamed of his conduct.

So when an English man does it, its fine but when an Indian does it than he should be ashamed of himself? You have nailed it because that's what has been happening out there from many years.

So when an English man does it, its fine but when an Indian does it than he should be ashamed of himself? You have nailed it because that's what has been happening out there from many years.

I think it's a little cheeky to play the victim card given how powerful the BCCI is nowadays but let's just agree to disagree.

Even session there. India let the advantage slip that they had garnered by picking two big and important wickets. Batting is going to get easy in the upcoming sessions and we would have won this session if we had picked 1-2 more wickets. Sreesanth continues to remain poor (his economy is 4.6 after 5 overs and that too in the morning session of a test in England) though he got the wicket of Trott. Praveen Kumar has been unlucky. He could have easily ended up with 2 wkts there. Ishant has also been very good. I dont think Sreesanth should bowl much in the remaining part of the day until the next new ball is due. He will be spanked and he will release all pressure (if any built up by the other bowlers). Expecting a better show from Harbhajan.

What no one noticed about Sreesanth is that even if he gave away a lot of runs, he produces some very good wicket taking balls. Giving away runs may be a big no-no in ODI's but not at all problem in test cricket, if he can take wickets..

I dont think Sreesanth should bowl much in the remaining part of the day until the next new ball is due. He will be spanked and he will release all pressure (if any built up by the other bowlers).

Come again, will you? Next to outstanding is all I can say of Sreesanth's current bowling spell. Bell seems clueless upon facing him.

Users who are viewing this thread