England In India - October 2011/12

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Unlike cricketlover, he's not actually serious.

I'm simply responding to the trash-talk (trash being the operative word) with some of my own.

My phrase is as laame as the other one, it is similarly ungrounded in reality, but it is way better thought out, and far more poetic. And more original of course.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'm simply responding to the trash-talk (trash being the operative word) with some of my own.

My phrase is as laame as the other one, it is similarly ungrounded in reality, but it is way better thought out, and far more poetic. And more original of course.

It's not original at all. I agree that comparing Anderson and Sehwag was wrong ut we all know that Anderson is ineffective on flat pitch against quality batting lineup. Currently Zaheer is the one alongside Dale Steyn who have mastered all 3 Kokabura, SG and Duke ball. Very few bowlers have done that.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
It's not original at all. I agree that comparing Anderson and Sehwag was wrong ut we all know that Anderson is ineffective on flat pitch against quality batting lineup.

I refer you to the Ashes again. Regardless of whether you believe the Australian team is an awful batting line up he bowled beautifully throughout on dead pitches.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Zak Ishant and Praveen will be enough for English batsman. For the first time I am confident about our bowling attack.this series result will be decided by batsman. If they will perform for India, we are surely not losing this series cause England might just falter to batting.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ishant's excellent form just before this series gives the bowling attack a huge boost. Good that Praveen got his chance in tests and has clicked just before this England tour. His swing will be handy in these conditions, and with our spearhead, does anyone think we are more confident with our bowling now than our batting?:p:D Praveen and Sreesanth will fight for that third seamer spot, and only an injury to these other 4 pacers can let Munaf play any of the tests against England.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I refer you to the Ashes again. Regardless of whether you believe the Australian team is an awful batting line up he bowled beautifully throughout on dead pitches.

Well then I will tell you to refer to the World Cup 2011. He bowled worst on the dead pitch of Sub continent. Those sub-continent pitch are the most dead pitch I have ever seen and Anderson didn't perform well on it.

I think Sreesanth will come in as a third fast bowler even though I would like to see Praveen in place of him.

Last edited:

6ry4nj

International Coach
I think Sreesanth will come in as a third fast bowler even though I would like to see Praveen in place of him.

Yes please drop your best bowler in favour of that amusing fellow.

----------

Ishant's excellent form just before this series gives the bowling attack a huge boost. Good that Praveen got his chance in tests and has clicked just before this England tour. His swing will be handy in these conditions, and with our spearhead, does anyone think we are more confident with our bowling now than our batting?:p:D Praveen and Sreesanth will fight for that third seamer spot, and only an injury to these other 4 pacers can let Munaf play any of the tests against England.

Yes shame you haven't three pacers better (in Tests) than Ishant. We certainly have.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Indian attack does seem to be shaping up well for this series. Ishant Sharma has been fantastic in West Indies so far. In England he will have to shun his dislike for new ball that has lot of say in English Conditions. Parveen Kumar may come in handy with the swing he gets but if he bowls at 75 MPH to the English batters, he will not cause much trouble. He will have to up his pace to 80 MPH. Thats the pace Asif used to trouble them with late swing. Parveen also needs to swing it late at the pace he has got. English Batsmen will have a lot of time to see and judge the swing if it comes from the hand only. Zaheer Khan will be deadly and may be the best bowler between the two teams. I tip him to take most wickets in the series. Indians will look to dominate Swan. I won't be surprised to see him walloped for six off the first ball he bowls in the series.
All in all it makes for a fantastic bit of contest. As a neutral I am eagerly awaiting the start of it.

cricketlover172

Club Cricketer
Yes shame you haven't three pacers better (in Tests) than Ishant. We certainly have.
:lol:lol

Then why are you playing Broad. :lol:lol

ICC rankings. Only 1 English pacer better than Ishant: Clouderson. :lol

And you call Indian fans deluded. :facepalm:facepalm

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
:lol:lol

Then why are you playing Broad. :lol:lol

ICC rankings. Only 1 English pacer better than Ishant: Clouderson. :lol

And you call Indian fans deluded. :facepalm:facepalm

Rankings are irrelevant considering that Tremlett has only played very few tests since coming back in the Ashes.

I'd say that on paper, the English fast bowlers are just better as a whole than the Indian pace attack. Remember the key words- "just" and "on paper".

That said, Zaheer and Anderson are both equally accomplished spearheads of their respective attacks. Ishant and Tremlett offer a similar threat, that of pace and bounce. If Ishant can keep him his good form, then he'll do well in England, as I'm sure Tremlett will (continuing on from his great showing in the Sri Lanka test series). The third bowler is the issue for both teams. Broad is a very average test bowler as far as I'm concerned and India would be lucky to come up against him instead of Finn. Sreesanth also blows hot and cold while PK is new to test cricket and while he may be steady, he is by no means spectacular. However, Sreesanth and PK's expert swing bowling ability (if and when they get it right) will certainly come in handy in helpful English conditions.

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Broad is a real concern. I can see why England would want him in the side because he's a more unpredictable bowler that Finn and that provides variety in the attack. But he needs to perform soon or he'll have to be left out.

The teams look very even at the moment, both sides have got batsmen in form and an effective bowling attack. I'll back England since we are playing at home but it looks to be a close series.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think Sree will get an edge over Praveen just because of experience and a good SA test series

Users who are viewing this thread