England In India - October 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zak bowling 3 overs and taken of the attack? Whats wrong now? Can anyone tell me?

Gurjot95

National Board President
I will go against everyone option and say including Dravid on England pitched is a very good decision. By shortage of players they probably mean they don't want young guns to bat on these bouncy tracks.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I will go against everyone option and say including Dravid on England pitched is a very good decision. By shortage of players they probably mean they don't want young guns to bat on these bouncy tracks.

Come on you are World Champions, what will you do when these 3 retire? Or did they not want Badrinath in the team? Badrinath would have done good too in these conditions. Sad really sad.

fisch

Club Cricketer
I have a horrible feeling that Indian might sneak a win in at least one of the remaining tests. In some areas the boot is on the other foot now, India are back to full-strength and we're the ones with injury problems. I just hope that if that happens, our media will acknowledge that India were the better team and overlook the injuries aspect, just like they've been bigging up England and coming down hard on the touring side all this time.

Regarding the ODIs, Dravid's the man in form, he is simply more likely to score runs in the ODIs than any other Indian batsman. Badri's a class act for the near future though.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Regarding the ODIs, Dravid's the man in form, he is simply more likely to score runs in the ODIs than any other Indian batsman. Badri's a class act for the near future though.

Probably thats what the selectors felt as Dravid's used to the conditions now better than others. In the ODI's, say, India are chasing some 180-200 on a bowler friendly track.....then he's the man for you to hold one end up. :)

However, lets say, India are chasing some 320+...then it will be interesting to see how he goes about his innings at this stage of his career....

Sureshot

Executive member
13 man squad for England. Doesn't really tell us much.
Probably depends on the pitch but for me a side with Tremlett is stronger than a side with Bopara.

Got the impression from an interview with Flower after Trent Bridge that they won't be changing from the 4-man attack.

I think either side will be strong enough. We're in a wonderful position that we can't really go wrong. If we go 4-man attack (which we will, 5-man would be too aggressive), there's no one from those 6 bowlers who is a weak link. Heck, they could drop Broad and Anderson for Finn and Tremlett from the last test and it's still a good bowling line up!

Bopara in for Trott is a definite. Not sure what they'll do with the bowlers, I suspect they'll go Bresnan because of batting, but Tremlett would be my choice. I'm not massively fussed what they do, the squad is strong enough in any combination.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Zak 3 overs and off.

Sree and Munaf getting hammered.

God India have been so awful.

Mishra seems to be playing with some intent though. 9 tight overs and scored 61.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Zak 3 overs and off.

Sree and Munaf getting hammered.

God India have been so awful.

Mishra seems to be playing with some intent though. 9 tight overs and scored 61.

Zak, Sreesanth, Munaf all were hammered in the first practice match as well but you saw how Zak and Sreesanth performed in the Test matches. No need to worry, I don't care even if they lose this match because I know that they will come hard in the 3rd test match.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Good that Dravid was selected. One of the greatest cricketers of all time has already been slapped in the face twice for no apparent reason so it's the last the selectors can do. It's sad because however well he does (assuming he does well), he will be dropped anyway. Don't select him if you're just going to drop him after 5 matches. It's an insult to one of the greatest servants to Indian cricket.

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am guessing Dravid will retire after this ODI series. From ODI's only.

International Coach
Zak has been ruled out of the 3rd test.They should just send him home,I am sure he will be fit for the Champions league

Users who are viewing this thread