England tour of South Africa 09/10

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another dissapointing day. We will need far more runs if we want to win this game and the bowling will have to be superd. Hopefully Steyn will get a few runs, maybe play Swaan liek he did in Durban. Well done to Kallis.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
What to do with Duminy? Prince obviously cant play the new ball and is struggling. Maybe drop Duminy for now and move prince back down the order and get a proper opener.

BackwardPoint

Banned
At this rate we'd be better off getting McKenzie to open, Prince at 6 and kick Duminy out of the side. JP the new king of fail, averaging the same amount as Salman Butt now

nikhil_99

International Coach
Yes, he isent scoring or getting the runs, but D Steyn has played well for his 26 so far, this is a good partnership for SA of 63 runs, frankly speaking SA batsman have really struggled or looked very ordinary so far in the series, they a re playing at home but still struggling, here only Kallis, Boucher(51), Smith (30 runs) have contributed, rest have badly failed...

Sureshot

Executive member
Problem is, in Amla, Duminy and Prince. You've had 3 complete non-scorers, barring one half century from Amla in the opening test (iirc).

Tomorrow is a big day, I still think this is a great pitch to bat on. 350 and under from the Saffers and I'm happy. I'd back our batters to get a decent total on this.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Problem is, in Amla, Duminy and Prince. You've had 3 complete non-scorers, barring one half century from Amla in the opening test (iirc).

Amla made a century in that 1st test.

They might as well get a proper opener or open with Amla and push Prince down the order. He was always good at that position and he knows how to bat with the tail.
The top 3 run scorers in South Africa's domestic season are all openers.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Great to see Kallis got the ton. I hope he can go on with it tomorrow, putting on another 50 at least.

Owzat

International Coach
England let slip a strong position, perhaps the position was a little false given one or two of the dismissals. Fair play to the saffers, they dug in and have a respectable total already and one from which they could do something. Still a little batting to come with Harris, Morkel, and De Wet to come in after Steyn, so Kallis could hold the key and indeed the innings together.

From 127/5 England must be disappointed not to have bowled South Africa out before they reached 250.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors

Tomorrow is a big day, I still think this is a great pitch to bat on. 350 and under from the Saffers and I'm happy. I'd back our batters to get a decent total on this.

And JPD got a half century in the first test.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Alviro Peterson is in the squad and he is an opener, maybe they will bring him in for Duminy though South African selectors can be very stubborn. Elgar is also another option, he can bowl a little bit as well but he is quite inexperienced which may be a problem.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Kallis out first ball he faces today. :facepalm

CaptainOZ added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

And now Steyn is gone!

irottev

School Cricketer
Wow SA folded badly there. England on top now. Amazing start to the day for them.

Highlander999

ICC President
LOL, when Jimbo is on song.....:D We need to get a really big first innings score and put the Saffers under the hammer again, like the last test. A nice bit of ruthlessness that the England side has lacked in recent years

Users who are viewing this thread