England vs Pakistan 2006 Fourth Test

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can register here. Deadline is on 17 August 2006 on 10:00 GMT.

In Pakistan's squad there had been players coming in and out. It's unclear from the cricinfo squad listing who are actually there in England right now. I've included Mohammad Asif and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan in the squad, since there are rumours either one of them will play. And there are two new openers compared to the previous third Test in Imran Farhat and Mohammad Hafeez. Salman Butt, Taufeeq Umar and Samiullah Niazi are flown home: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvpak/content/current/story/256548.html

And England's squad is the same as for the previous squad.

And I've included Imran Farhat as allrounder, so for those who can't live without Afridi, Razzaq and Collingwood in their team, can include them. And Imran Farhat has a very good domestic bowling record, so including him is with some reason. And after some check up I included Mohammad Hafeez as well.

Pakistan Squad

1. Inzamam-ul-Haq (captain)
2. Younis Khan (vice-captain)
3. Umar Gul
4. Abdul Razzaq
5. Danish Kaneria
6. Faisal Iqbal
7. Iftikhar Anjum
8. Imran Farhat
9. Kamran Akmal (wicket-keeper)
10. Mohammad Sami
11. Mohammad Yousuf
12. Mohammad Hafeez
13. Mohammad Asif
14. Naved-ul-Hasan
15. Shahid Afridi
16. Shahid Nazir

England Squad

1. AJ Strauss (captain)
2. IR Bell
3. PD Collingwood
4. AN Cook
5. SJ Harmison
6. MJ Hoggard
7. J Lewis
8. SI Mahmood
9. MS Panesar
10. KP Pietersen
11. CMW Read (wicket-keeper)
12. ME Trescothick

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006/PAK_IN_ENG/SQUADS/

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I finally made a positive start in this Test series. Strauss is scoring runs, Trescothick is gone cheaply and Gul grabbed a wicket. And Asif looks threathening (how do you write this word again?) too.

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer
Threatening.

And it seems I'm off to an equally good start as I choose Strauss instead of Tresbo, Gul and Asif who just got a wicket, unfortunatly it's Strauss'wicket.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, that's the word I was looking for.

Asif got now two wickets, which is good for me. But Pietersen got a duck and I've got him in my team. But I've got a feeling a lot of people have him in their team.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:( Again i missed this one :mad:

Time is too short now a days for registering!!! I think 3 or 4 days minimum will be better so that more members can register!!! :rolleyes:

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
surendar said:
Time is too short now a days for registering!!! I think 3 or 4 days minimum will be better so that more members can register!!! :rolleyes:

Agreed with him, i did signed in last night and there was not any FC game and then signed in this day and the match even started and i missed it, Admins have to do something for that cuz lot of peoples r missing FC games these days.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Nightprowler was actually meant to make this but haven't seen him in awhile so luckily Zexy made the game when he did or it could have been even closer to the deadline.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thanks for making this one Zexy. Apologies all around for not giving anybody a notice that I won't be able to make this one. My school is underway and is taking a lot out of me at the moment. Which means I most likely won't be able to do the ODI series as well.

irottev

School Cricketer
Asifs my captain./ I had gul too.

Didn;t have Farhat, though not many will. So good start for me :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Gul would have been the better captain :) Most will have those two I certainly do. Yousuf is already in so hopefully a big knock from him.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So far this has been the best day for me in this Test series. Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul grabbed four wickets apiece. Strauss and Read scoring runs. I want to risk Imran Farhat instead of Ian Bell, but who let a struggling opener put in his team instead of a batsman who scored three centuries in three Test matches. :rolleyes:

Pietersen's duck will cause some people trouble, especially if they have him as captain. And I even didn't include Inzamam-ul-Haq this time.

So far I've seen Irottev and akira2291 having Mohammad Asif as captain. Yousuf has to score runs to overcome that.

nightprowler10 said:
Thanks for making this one Zexy. Apologies all around for not giving anybody a notice that I won't be able to make this one. My school is underway and is taking a lot out of me at the moment. Which means I most likely won't be able to do the ODI series as well.

No problem. The big problem with this match was the finding about the squad of Pakistan, since squad listing on cricinfo wasn't updated. Luckily in some articles I read who were in contention of playing in this match.

I probably will make the ODI series as well. Then only to hope the squad listing will be listed correct and also on time and not the like the recent series where Bangladesh was involved. Zimbabwe's squad got named 18 hours before the first match. Even better: Kenya's squad wasn't listed when I made the Kenya vs Bangladesh ODI series and I had to look in previous played series of Kenya.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I have both Asif and Gul! Rest of my players basically failed! hoping Inzi scores big

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If you play as a Pakistani opener you don't seem to make runs. But Farhat and Hafeez turning the tradition of this summer. Hafeez was in good nick all this year, in domestic cricket and with Pakistan A, but I had doubt if he could make a big score in this match. But this has gone on the other way now.

Mohammad Yousuf is still on 78 runs, but I need more runs from him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Everything has fallen into place now. Hoggard grabbing 2 wickets, Hafeez 90, Yousuf 100 odd and Inzi at the crease.

sid_19840

International Coach
Ive no chance this time,I gambled with not picking Md.Yousuf again.I dont have Gul either.The only person I do have is Hafeez.

Users who are viewing this thread