English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I meant in this game the par score should be 180+ and near 200, not in all games at Hove. These boundaries are a lot smaller than they usually are and the pitch is brilliant for batting.

Sussex are well below par, I expect us to win this comfortably.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I reckon Kieswetter's benefited from the tiny boundaries there. That shot would have been out on any other ground, went straight up in the air, but on this ground still carried for 6. Solid start for Somerset!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interesting to see how Compton goes here. I think he's just keeping the slot warm for White, but hopefully he'll do well.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Kieswetter had better win us the game after that. Shocking stuff.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is brainless cricket from our batsmen. We don't deserve to win this. Kieswetter played well but a stupid run out cost us big time. That was a woeful shot, play through the line Trego not just swing randomly across it. No idea why Kartik is ahead of Thomas either, Thomas is a pretty good bat.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
It doesn't exactly help having our in form batsman given out either. We've just looked poor outside of Buttler. Even Kieswetter has looked laboured.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That sums it up. What is that? Just what is that? Catching practice. Gonna need to improve a hell of a lot if we want to make the finals again this year. Think we may just need Pollard and White. I'd rather see them have a go than the others just plod along and then get out attempting an attacking shot.

Just slog and end this woeful performance, Alf and Turner.

treva added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Well done lads, only about 80 short of what this pitch/ground deserves. Waste of 3 hours that was.

Brook

Club Captain
Why does Cricinfo say Yardy helped Sussex win when other players did far more?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeah, his spell in the middle overs really put the squeeze on and put Somerset under pressure. He's also the Sussex captain, so I'd say he was pretty influential in the win.

.Mob

International Coach
ten Doeschate is on fire at the moment.

Sureshot

Executive member
Excellent bowling performance by us, all-round performance from Yards. 37* from 28 and 2-14 from 4 overs.

Wright 4 overs for 16.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Good to see Butler's fitting in well at Gloucestershire taking 3/8 against Surrey

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see that Symonds has been answering the hype about him playing for Surrey.

Users who are viewing this thread