English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leaves us with Valencia and Villarreal. Any reason he wouldn't wanna go there? :p

As shameless as I may sound, I wouldn't mind him returning back to Anfield, solely to get rid of Andy Carroll. That guy is so tortuous to watch.

Which leaves us with Valencia and Villarreal. Any reason he wouldn't wanna go there? :p

I wouldn't mind a swap for Rossi. :p

As shameless as I may sound, I wouldn't mind him returning back to Anfield, solely to get rid of Andy Carroll. That guy is so tortuous to watch.

Have heard one or two Liverpool fans said that.

----------

Where's the Kanu one? That one's my personal favourite.

Here you go. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You all forgot Malaga, they would just love to buy him. Then there is Milan who have now set sights on him as a player to challenge Zlatan for his spot.

If manutd buy him from liverpool then we will only pay 25 million not 50 million and chelsea is destroying his career go back to liverpool or go to other team

If manutd buy him from liverpool then we will only pay 25 million not 50 million and chelsea is destroying his career go back to liverpool or go to other team

:lol

If anything, Rafa destroyed him for the past two years or so by constantly playing him when he wasn't 100% fit and was always at war with Hicks and Gillett causing disharmony within the club.

Where to? He won't got to Real and Barcelona won't go for him. He won't go back to Atletico and play Europa League

That is a fair point, but if I was him I'd still seriously consider quitting the Premiership this January. Where to, who knows. Maybe Italy - as you pointed out, there are very few places in Spain who would have him and who he would want to sign for.

Didn't Utd have a chance to sign Torres before Liverpool got him? Shame that didn't come off - he would've done wonders at Utd and there would've been no reason to move down to Chelsea. :p

CARLING CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW:

Wolves v Manchester City
Cardiff v Burnley
Blackburn v Newcastle United
Arsenal v Bolton
Stoke v Liverpool
Aldershot v Manchester United
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea

The last fixture's probably the pick of the lot.

CARLING CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW:

Wolves v Manchester City
Cardiff v Burnley
Blackburn v Newcastle United
Arsenal v Bolton
Stoke v Liverpool
Aldershot v Manchester United
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea

The last fixture's probably the pick of the lot.

As always, we get one of the toughest draws possible while United got the easiest! :facepalm

A few points from the games I watched today:

- David Silva is a beautiful footballer.
- Yaya Toure and Barry in the centre of midfield doesn't really work. City lacked balance. Way too top heavy and poor transition to their attack.

- The Mata + Torres partnership is going to be brilliant.
- Torres was playing really well before the red card.
- Ramires is a machine. How does someone have so much energy?!

- Cleverley is going to be a very important player over the course of the season. Utd seriously lacked creativity in the centre of midfield (or maybe I've been spoilt after watching the first few Utd games this season). Found Fletcher's play slightly frustrating.
- Jones' runs with the ball from deep are great but he lacks the pass when he gets into a dangerous position.

A

Really not sure what was Torres thinking with that challenge. That just really undid all his good work before that and had he stayed on, he could possibly have scored more goals. Unfortunately, now he's gonna miss three domestic games. For Ramires, he'll probably be our next Essien or probably be an even better one!

A few points from the games I watched today:

- David Silva is a beautiful footballer.
- Yaya Toure and Barry in the centre of midfield doesn't really work. City lacked balance. Way too top heavy and poor transition to their attack.

- Cleverley is going to be a very important player over the course of the season. Utd seriously lacked creativity in the centre of midfield (or maybe I've been spoilt after watching the first few Utd games this season). Found Fletcher's play slightly frustrating.
- Jones' runs with the ball from deep are great but he lacks the pass when he gets into a dangerous position.

Lol I agree completely. Cant say much about Toure-Barry partnership considering I havent been watching City games but Silva is just brilliant to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread