English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Silva's pass to Milner was just fantastic. One of the most beautiful assists.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yaya Toure and Barry in the centre of midfield doesn't really work. City lacked balance. Way too top heavy and poor transition to their attack.

Hmm i'm not so sure. The Everton game was the first one where they seemed very top heavy and i guess that because Everton got a lot of people (almost their entire team at times) behind the ball - especially when City got into the final 3rd.

----------

Joe Cole scores his first goals for Lille in draw with Lorient | Mail Online

For those who didn't see Cole's goal here it is: Lille vs Lorient Highlights (1:1) - MyFootball.TV - Live Football and Highlights

JBlues08

Club Captain
Feels like Alex McLeish is slowly turning Aston Villa into another Birmingham City.

And Carragher won't be happy with this after seeing Dunne stretching the lead further. :p

OptaJoe Opta Sports
9 - Richard Dunne has now conceded two more own goals than any other player in the history of the Premier League (Carragher, 7). Oops

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Fun fact is that Carra has 3 career goals for Liverpool, whilst also boasting 3 own goals to his name against Tottenham alone.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's so infuriating that Giggs missed that last chance against Stoke - it was the sort of thing he'd score 9/10 and as the ESPN commentator was adamant about, we should've had a penalty for handball and the Hernandez challenge was something I've often seen given as well. David de Gea was magnificent - he's just got to get used to the physical nature of coming for crosses in the Premiership and he'll be a great keeper.

Still, at least we're still top. :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Rooney we love ya, but keep a muzzle on that wife of yours? Fancy the stupid cow blabbing that Rooney wasn't going to be playing!!

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Going to be there tomorrow night. Can not wait. The other two times I've gone we've won (Charlton 2004 2-0 Neville and Saha (I think) and the Friendly vs Valencia 2009). They'd better not lose this time...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I can't believe Chelsea's boss compared Torres' miss to Rooney's! Rooney's was a penalty miss, caused by a slip - that can happen to anyone. Torres' miss however was in a class of its own! Bloody hilarious though! :lol

That wasn't actually a miss. Even if he'd slipped. Just before the ball went down it deflected off his other foot and flew past the bars. Unlike terry, which was a sitter.

But anyway, why open closed cases lol.

----------

Silva's pass to Milner was just fantastic. One of the most beautiful assists.

Yeah one of the best passes this season. There was no way out for milner to score if not for that pass. Reminded me of Ozil for a second. Mancini has made a better player out of him, I find Silva 9 times out of 10 in that deadlock Man city defense, and he's such a good player to get the ball forward from the defence as his counter attacking skills are terrific, mixes up everything, attacks hard, waits for strikers to come forward, keeps opponents on toes and despite his good shooting skills he doesn't overrun from his Trequartista role.

Sure thing if not for Big spending City he'd be in Barca or Madrid by now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That wasn't actually a miss. Even if he'd slipped. Just before the ball went down it deflected off his other foot and flew past the bars. Unlike terry, which was a sitter.

But anyway, why open closed cases lol.

Eh? He slipped and put the penalty wide - of course it was a miss. Still as you said, it doesn't matter now.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Saw this in one of the forums out there.

Interesting insight into before, halftime and after the match has finished behind the scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
They'd better not lose this time...

They didn't lose but they were bloody close to. Shocking defending throughout Rio's old bones look like they're creaking big time in my opinion.

Carrick was ineffectual as usual as well.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Only watched last 15 mins of Utd game so can't comment too much but I thought Carrick was doing the intelligent thing in pressing higher up and denying Basel space. However the defence didn't follow suit and that left a big gap between midfield and defence. Jones is still very raw clearly and that's why I'd prefer him at right back and Smalling in the centre at the moment as Smalling is a lot smarter positionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread