English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only problem we've faced this season has been disorganisation in defence, and this was without the heart of our defence (Rio) and having to play O'Shea at right back who's a liability. I firmly believe that we do not need to spend at all because this squad is more than capable of every competition entered this season.

Yet another toothless away draw, in a game we really should've lost. Still reckon we don't need to spend in January? In the meantime, Chelski disappear into the middle distance.

War

Chairman of Selectors
?
Damn does anyone know of or remember a striker having such a superb goal-scoring record againts single opposition, like Drogba vs Arsenal?.

IIRC Messi has something similar vs Athletico Madrid, but I'm not totally sure.

...Anyway looking ahead to ENGs squad selection 2moro, this is what I hope Capello picks (presuming he picks a 23 man squad):

GK:

1. Hart
2. Foster
3. Stockdale/Harper

DEF:

4. Terry
5. Ferdinand
6. Jaigelka
7. Lescott
8. A Cole
9. Gibbs/Baines (unless Capello wants to let Gibbs stay with the under 21s)
10. Johnson (would have dropped him for Richards, if Micah had played this weekend vs Newcastle)

MID:

11. Gerrard
12. Barry
13. Milner
14. A Johnson
15. Wilshire
16. Parker
17. A Young
18. Lennon
19. J Cole

FOR:

20. Rooney
21. Bent
22. Caroll
23. Crouch/Owen (although I know Capello won't pick Owen disappointingly. But with Defoe out, having a a second short striker along with Rooney would give to strike options some variety)

So wish Bale was English ATM, DEAR GOD its Giggs part 2. Imagine him and Johnson flying down the flanks for England, that would have been superb...why godddd!!

JBlues08

Club Captain
?
Damn does anyone know of or remember a striker having such a superb goal-scoring record againts single opposition, like Drogba vs Arsenal?.

IIRC Messi has something similar vs Athletico Madrid, but I'm not totally sure.

Tevez have a rather good goal scoring record against us.

JBlues08

Club Captain
GREAT! First Alex and now Benayoun will be out for some time after an achilles problem. :facepalm Hope Lampard and Kalou will return from their respective injuries soon.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't get too excited yet - after the nonsense with the Glazers, I've become extremely wary of any American businessmen - you've had your taste as well of course, with Gillet and Hicks.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
If I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't get too excited yet - after the nonsense with the Glazers, I've become extremely wary of any American businessmen - you've had your taste as well of course, with Gillet and Hicks.

Its not as though Arsenal are one of the most financially secure clubs with their American Chairman ;)

Its got nothing to do with nationality its purely dependent on the person investing not doing it for purely monetary reasons.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its not as though Arsenal are one of the most financially secure clubs with their American Chairman ;)

Its got nothing to do with nationality its purely dependent on the person investing not doing it for purely monetary reasons.
After what they've been through over the last five years, you can understand Liverpool fans being a tad cautious about their prospective American owner can't you? You are quite right it is nothing to do with the nationality of the owner how good they are going to be in charge, but it is inevitable that is one of the first things the fans would have looked at.

Mr Henry seems to have done a stellar job at the Boston Red Sox so as long as he is not in this to make a profit then I think it will be good in the long run for Liverpool. English football could do with a healthy Liverpool. The sad thing was about Sunday I wasn't really surprised when they were beaten by Blackpool. And I didn't see it as the shock that the media made it out to be. If Blackpool had won at Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford, now that's a shock, but Liverpool at the moment is a mess.

War

Chairman of Selectors
On ENGs performance. Well they just all had off nights TBH. No big issue for me, since i know they can played better as they showed vs Switzerland.

It was however another clear example of why as i've mentioned ENG should forget about using target men, especially as starting option (although injury circumstances left Capello no choice). Its was cringeworthy at times seeing all these useless long balls being hit up to Crouch & Davies...SMH.

Hopefully by the time EURO 2012, Rooney is back to his best so he can lead the line by himself in a 4-3-3 formation flanked by Walcott & Johnson. Or 4-4-2 with Defoe, where ENG will play good possession football & look to unlock defenses with pace & guile.

War added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Also looking at the under-21 side. The options their look really impressing as they build ahead to the under 21 WC next year. I must say the side looks good enough to win the whole thing if all the players are available come next june:

-------------------------------Loach/Fielding------------------------------------

Richards--------------Jones-----------------Smalling------------------------Gibbs

-------------------Muamba------------------Rodwell-----------------------------

Walcott-------------------------Wilshire--------------------------------Strurridge

---------------------------------Carolll------------------------------------------

Back-ups from Wickham, Henderson, Cattermole etc

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Right, Sky News has just said that the 2018 World Cup will definitely be in Europe. If they don't give it to England now, it's completely out of order. We haven't had it since 1966 (whereas places like Germany have had it at least twice in that time) we have the infrastructure in place and we have some of the best stadiums in Europe if not the world.

Edit: So the Liverpool sale is going ahead (I'm glad they didn't go into administration, such a big club with all their history and stature) - but now we're going to have to put up with them singing about our debt as well as City fans. When will it be our turn to dump the deadwood Americans?

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Liverpool will be relegated this season, looking at their performance in the Merseyside Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread