English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was one of the best performance by United I have seen this season since we won 3-1 against Chelsea. Unlucky that we could not win. It could have been easily 4, 5 or even 6 for us.

Rooney was decent didnt have much of the impact expect for the freekick which lead to the goal. About Hernandez was a bit selfish could have passed instead of shoot in the first half and surely he wasnt the best at all but made some great runs and he was surely not office. Second half he came alive.

Nani was decent didnt involve much in the game except for his crosses. I wonder why isnt he having more shots these days. Young was okay again wasnt anyway close to what he was at the start of the season but he had many chances to score he could have had a brace. Shoot improve his shooting.

The player that impressed me in the last two matches was Michael Carrick. I dont know why he gets a lot of stick from the media but he was brilliant against Benfica and against yesterday his passing and movement was good. He is getting back to his best and United need him.

Looking at yesterday's bench I am worried we really had no one who could come and change the game. Macheda isnt a game winner, we should have had Berba on the bench.

I hope today Liverpool can defeat City.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just a second. Did you watch the Chelsea game? Man U - shots on goal 3; goals 3. Chelsea - shots on goal 20; goals 1.
If that counts as a good performance...

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly. Chelsea were pretty much all over United for the majority of the game, so I don't really understand how SR brands that to be United's best performance yet. Yesterday was definitely a cracking show from Utd though.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Nopes didnt see the Chelsea game as I was drunk with my friends but according to the scoreline I thought we dominated the game. But I know how Torres missed the sitter. :p Anyways was a better performance since the Bolton game at the Reebok. Corrected my self.

Gary Speed found dead?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Shocking news about Gary Speed. I don't think I've been as moved by the death of someone I don't know as I have been here. R.I.P.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Nope, he was on Football Focus just yesterday. Totally out of the blue.

Well played Lucas and Joe Hart. Think this game showed once again that Liverpool need a finisher and City need a deep-lying playmaker.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Just a second. Did you watch the Chelsea game? Man U - shots on goal 3; goals 3. Chelsea - shots on goal 20; goals 1.
If that counts as a good performance...

Exactly. Chelsea were pretty much all over United for the majority of the game, so I don't really understand how SR brands that to be United's best performance yet. Yesterday was definitely a cracking show from Utd though.

True enough - we did start brilliantly, but the scoreline definitely flattered us.

Haven't got the first clue why Gary Speed would kill himself. So sad, he was only 42 or thereabouts. :(

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yah, absolutely shocked to hear about Gary Speed. Just 42, poor guy. R.I.P

Well played Lucas and Joe Hart. Think this game showed once again that Liverpool need a finisher and City need a deep-lying playmaker.

Absolutely summed up what I'd made off the game. Lucas has had a prolific season for us so far, today was by far his best outing!

JBlues08

Club Captain
Had Liverpool turned all their home draws into wins, they would be in second right now, just a point behind City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread