English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters
Chelsea back to winning ways. After a hopeless first half, we did a whole lot better in the second. A lot of that had to do with the introduction of Didier Drogba. Not only did he get on the scoresheet himself, but Chelsea seemed to get things going as a team a lot more.

So not convincing, but we got the three points, which is crucial at the moment. Once Kalou, Ballack and Sheva settle in properly, it'll be a lot more comfortable.

Still look dodgy at the back I feel, Blackburn should've made them pay more.

Chelsea just deserved it though, despite Blackburns domination in the first hour, in the second half in the last 30 minutes Chelsea capitalised.

Liverpool played ok yesterday. Still need to lose some of the rubbish like Zenden. Garcia was poor again i only see him as a player who comes off the bench and can make great goals. Kuyt was great on debut, almost scoring with his second touch. Dodgy stuff from Reina though... bring back Jerzy :(.

Poor stuff from Newcastle....didn't create enough chances to pose any sort of real threat, together with the early goal conceded. Apparently Martins is expected to pull up fine to start next Saturday after being stretchered off....good news.

Last edited:
Toon and their injured players! pfft! Martins joins the list on his debut. thats a record of sorts! Villa are looking good for a side under much speculation. BTW The Toffeemen were brilliant against the Spuds. AJ is looking brilliant. COme on! :D

Just a dead leg, horrible way to land though with a straight leg.

It'll be drained then about 2 weeks off tops.

Aston Villa were excellent against the Toon,real qaulity stuff so early in the season.Arsenal need to learn to convert,especially for he game against Boro.

Don't you guys think Drogba should be in the Playing 11. I feel he should start ahead of Kalou.

Sunderland take the lead. Hope they win this one for their manager to be Roy Keane.

And they score another at the start of the second half! oh wow!

shravi said:
Don't you guys think Drogba should be in the Playing 11. I feel he should start ahead of Kalou.
Yes indeed. But JM must have seen something in Kalou to be giving him so many starts.

Well maybe JM thinks Drogba is better coming off the bench...I think that if he can get Drog's at his best for half an hour when the opposition defenders are tired then he'll do more damage.

Boro were like that last season.

Beat the top 4 all at home (Exc Liverpool) but lost games comfortably to Villa, etc.

I think that if he can get Drog's at his best for half an hour when the opposition defenders are tired then he'll do more damage.

But he can't do that every match. You can't rely on him to come and score every match he comes on. And every once in a while, Chelsea is not going to score until the 60/70'th minute and you Jos? Mourinho cannot always depend on him to come on and score in the limited time he has.

Users who are viewing this thread