English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

GPCCC

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Drewska said:
Liverpool won 3-0 but I didn't watch the game as a got the train down the London to watch Fulham v Watford as it was cheap and good for a day out. Finished 0-0 but was a decent game the Fulham really should of won. Felt for Anti Nieme that looked a horrendous injury to his neck. Also visited the Emirates, its an amazing ground :D.

If it wasn't for Abromovich Chelsea would be playing for 4th :D .

Cant argue with that.

sachin

International Coach
Looking forward to tonights big matches.Arsenal Desperately need a good win V Charlton.Henry and CO. should be back very soon,so it would be great to pick up a little bit of momentum before Liverpool.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
All bow down to Edgar!!!

I'm sure Roman Abramovich would have contacted him by now and gifted him a Maserati or something. Nevertheless kudos the Geordies and their young and inexperienced defenders who stood up and did ever so well against an inform Man Utd. Sibierski continues to impress me as well.

Over all well done Newcastle, and I hope Chelsea make the most of this rare oppurtunity and close the cap to four points. If I remember right we only drew with Villa in the reverse fixture and lost our top spot to Man Utd as a result.

Bala

International Coach
Tonight's match between Villa and Chelsea could prove pivottal. Chelsea's defense is absolutely shaky with Mourinho contemplating Drogba as a centre half than Boulharouz. But Villa is down to bare bones with Barry playing in defence (he is suspended for tonight , ain't he?) and O'Neill continues to look away from Baros. Why has he scrapped his 4-3-3 approach which was working well?

I would say Drogba holds the key tonight. His performance, or the lack of it would set the tone for the title race.

D

Deleted member 13648

5 minutes talking about Newcastle and we're back to Chelsea again :rolleyes:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
And i think that Drogba is so key to Chelsea's title chances is a little worrying for all Blues fans.
Not really. What worries me is what has actually cost us points this season - our defence.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I am not too sure about that considering the defensive worries at the moment although I dont think he would be the solution.

Bilal91

International Coach
well todays match is very important for Arsenal to get their momentum and confidence back after a loss in the last match against a strugling side...their are lots of injuries still as van persie, baptista and walcott join other players on the sideline...so their might be an early comeback for HENRY afterall...

sachin

International Coach
Jeez we're a shambles at the moment.We seriously need to reign in those injuries.Game starts soon and i'm looking forward to a positive performance!

Bilal91

International Coach
GREAT START by ARSENAL...HERNY IS BACK...and has scored already...although it was a penalty...and one of Charltons player is sent off as a result of that...lots of chances being created and Henry also hit the post with a header...

COME ON ARSENAL...

MAN HENRYS BACK...another SUPERB free-kick from about 25 yards and a GREAT GREAT save by carson...

Bilal91

International Coach
well Arsenal were 2-0 up after hoyte scored his first goal after combining well with henry and shooting from a tight angle and than at about 72nd minute HENRY won Arsenal another pen. after his shirt was pulled and VAN PERSIE converted that calmly to make it 3-0...ARSENAL have been on top throughout the game...

On the other side its still going 0-0 for chelsea again Astonvilla...

sachin

International Coach
4-0 through a very nice lofted chance late on.Did anyone think that Disallowed goal by Henry was onside?Anyway,once Fabregas learns how to shoot(He needs to take lessons he's that bad) we'll be pound ing them in.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
We may have drawn but United are still well clear at the top :D . Chelsea keep dropping points and another injury tonight. But they can't blame this one on having no Terry or cech because they kept a clean sheet

Users who are viewing this thread