English Premier League vs Australian Football League

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But none of the, are as blatantly gay as the soccer team names talkin about arses arsenal, man united = men united. man city city of men etc etc.
You realise they are only abbreviations, don't you!? Man United as in Manchester United and Man City as in Manchester City. Arsenal is nothing to do with arses either, it comes from the term for a collection of weapons!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
nuthin gay about being a "haw"
saint kilda sounds like a saint killed some chick nothin gay about that.
Fremantle hmm free man guess if u go singin that in the streets ppl will think ya gay so i might give ya that 1.
Sydney Syd Kneed some one not gay but dirty tactic swans arent gay just good lookin birds.
Geelong hmm gee thats long hmm never heard a guy bein called gay just coz hes got a long1.
Collingwood hmm colins got wood passable as gay .

But none of the, are as blatantly gay as the soccer team names talkin about arses arsenal, man united = men united. man city city of men etc etc.

Bull fighting is not for real men u seen the crap they wear.
Plus they stab the bull a bunch of times before letting it into the arena so that its half dead then they start teasing it with a red tea towel before eventually finally putting the poor creature out of its misery.
When they take on the bull without half killing it beforehand then i will give bull fighters some credit until then there just a bunch of pansys pretending there tough by fighting a bull thats half dead and teasing the crap out of it.

I love my sport an unfortunately i normally find myself watching every single time Australia plays SOCCER an sometimes a perth glory game.
It bores the crap out of me 9 times out of 10 but hey its my country an my state i cant help but watch an hope they win.

Your a joke. Get a real arguement.

Sureshot

Executive member
Cut out the use of gay in that context guys, any more and infractions will be handed out, and they won't be warnings either.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
diving for 90 minutes = opposite of straight
Massive stereotype. AFL players dive too. That stereotype is almostly as bad as the one that Australia is nothing but outback, kangaroo loving people that talk like they haven't been out of the bush in the whole life.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
But its quite of obvious when they get the lightest touch (sometimes no touch, thanks to replays) they fall down like a sack of spuds. Makes me cringe.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
But its quite of obvious when they get the lightest touch (sometimes no touch, thanks to replays) they fall down like a sack of spuds. Makes me cringe.

Only a few of the mongrels do that. Even whens theres only a little bit of a touch they are running at full pace and when one of there legs get clipped they will obviously trip. Yes some players do dive but not many do.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
AFL guys do it too so whats their excuse? Fatigue?
I hardly see any diving or rolling around over a fake injury. The only major diving ive seen was Lloyd during the 01-02 seasons which was not on, and was slammed by everyone in the footy public.

If your saying AFL players dive and fake injuries like soccer players do then your are completely nuts.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I hardly see any diving or rolling around over a fake injury. The only major diving ive seen was Lloyd during the 01-02 seasons which was not on, and was slammed by everyone in the footy public.

If your saying AFL players dive and fake injuries like soccer players do then your are completely nuts.

To be fair, once again most of the time the injuries aren't fake. If you get a stud in your ankle your going to get a sharp pain. You can play through it but when it first happens it hurts. A lot of "injuries" are over exaggerated though.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Even 10 is pretty pathetic. That's one every 9 minutes.

I did say at least.

Keep in mind they dont have shots willy nilly from anywhere on the pitch.

Feelin Blue? added 5 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

But also you need to look at the number of balls that get into the box. Most of the time the ball gets cleared by the defender so the striker cant have a shot on goal.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
First of all there have been games with less than 10, and even less than 5 shots on goal in soccer (I really prefer calling it Football), but have been more exciting and entertaining than games with lots of shots.

The beauty of football lies in the fact that it does not necessarily depend on the goals scored.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
First of all there have been games with less than 10, and even less than 5 shots on goal in soccer (I really prefer calling it Football), but have been more exciting and entertaining than games with lots of shots.

The beauty of football lies in the fact that it does not necessarily depend on the goals scored.

Yes but thats pretty rare to find less then 5. But when there are less then 10 its usually an end to end game which makes it exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread