Essendon 2009 - Speed, Agility and Youth

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
brand.gif

The Essendon Football club turns to a "outsider" to take charge

Speed, Agilty, and youth is the three main key's for the new Essendon coach, who goes by the name Haydo, and Haydo only. The Essendon football club would like to formally announce that they needed a change in their football club. Things were going down hill at windy hill with Matthew Knights, as he struggled to inspire his team in such big events such as the Anzac day matches.
The department of the Football Club decided that a new coach was on hand, and they decided on someone new, fresh and mysterious.

'Haydo' has never played AFL football, but did have a good 10 year junior football career where he played some good football on a wing, and a stint at Full Forward for various clubs. The Essendon Board, wanted a fresh new change at the club and they believe that someone who hasn't been involved with footy, could be the way to go... "Yeah of course we think Haydo can do the job, hence the reason we hired him, He has a big task on his hands, but we think, as a football club in all, that Haydo will do us the world of good, and lead us to sucess.

The 2009 Football season is about to commence after the Bombers were thrashed in the NAB Cup to the Western Bulldogs. Collingwood won the NAB Cup competition over the Port Power, by 75 points.

OffCutters

International Coach
Nice start, good writing mate. How the hell did you get a senior coaching job in the AFL without any coaching experience :p, (abit of secret bribeing there :spy:p) Nah, hope you do well and hope you make the Grand Final this season but then Lose to the Saints by 69 points :D

Btw, are you still continuing the Freo story?

Roofrom50

International Coach
Nice start, good writing mate. How the hell did you get a senior coaching job in the AFL without any coaching experience :p, (abit of secret bribeing there :spy:p) Nah, hope you do well and hope you make the Grand Final this season but then Lose to the Saints by 69 points :D

Btw, are you still continuing the Freo story?

Yeah mate, every now and again i will post in the Freo story, but i pan to be more interested in this story.

BTW, the Bombers board just think a new fresh face would have new ideas for the club to go forward. And read the headline :p Speed (Lovett, Davey, Winderlich) Agility (Ryder, Monfries, Stanton) Youth (Hooker, Dempsey, Jetta)

OffCutters

International Coach
Meh, I hate Monfries, he dives too much in real life, even some Bomber supporters i know hate him :p. It will be interesting to see the young kids like Dempsey and Pears play if the get a spot in your 22. They have huge potential in my opinion.

blake

School Cricketer
I play in a small junior AFL club - not a big club like Morningside or Southport by any means, and both Mal Michael and Courtnay Dempsey played their juniors here. Quite interesting, actually. ;)

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Only 2 AFL Players came from my AFL club, mind you 1 of them was a 300-gamer before he retired( Cant remember who) , and one was a Former North Melbourne Captain from 20 years ago. :p

Dont you live in Queensland blake? Footy isnt that big in there right?

blake

School Cricketer
Yeah, I'm in Brisbane. Rugby league is more popular here but there is still a big base for AFL - quite a few players have come from Queensland (Nick Riewoldt for one :p)

OffCutters

International Coach
Oh okay, so Brisbane has more AFL fans than in NSW i presume , I remember when i was kicking the footy around there when i was 12 ( on holiday), A couple of kids came up to me and went, ' Why is your rugby ball in such a strange shape?' pointing at the footy :p Yeah Nick Riewoldt came from there, best player that ever came outta there, :p Nah just kidding.

blake

School Cricketer
AFL has grown in the past few years but it sounds like you must've been in somewhere where rugby dominated - if you came to suburban Brisbane then nobody would ever mistake an AFL ball for a rugby ball.

Anyway, we are getting really off-topic here. Sorry Roo. :(

Roofrom50

International Coach
brand.gif

After just three weeks, Haydo and his men have got to know each other, and are starting to form a wonderful player coach relationship.

"It's been a good few weeks on the track, and we are learning something totally different from Haydo. The game plan we are learning is hard to work out, but when we execute it on game day, it will pay off, said Essendon Defender, Adam McPhee."

The Coach came out to a press conference just minutes ago, and this is what he had to say... "I've enjoyed my first couple of weeks here at Windy Hill, and i know that we are going to go far this year. Of course we are aiming for the finals, but anything above that is just a bonus. Also, i've come to realize that this time of the year our Captain, and Vice Captain and Leadership is named. So i will be quick. Our Captain will be Matthew Lloyd. Vice Captain will be Adam McPhee and Deputy Vice Captain will be Mark McVeigh. The 6 players named in the leadership group are as followed 1. Dustin Fletcher, 2. Angus Monfries, 3. Brent Stanton, 4. Scott Lucas, 5. David Hille and 6. Jobe Watson

The Essendon team is gearing up ready for their Round 1 clash against the Kangaroos on the Monday night, the 24th of March at the Telstra Dome. Here is the Senior list for the Bombers this season.

Adam McPhee
Alwyn Davey
Andrew Lovett
Andrew Welsh
Angus Monfries
Bachar Houli
Brent Prismall
Brent Stanton
Cale Hooker
Courtenay Dempsey
Darcy Daniher
David Hille
David Meyers
David Zaharakis
Dustin Fletcher
Hayden Skipworth
Heath Hocking
Henry Slattery
Jason Laycock
Jason Winderlich
Jay Nash
Jay Neagle
Jobe Watson
John Williams
Kyle Reimers
Leroy Jetta
Mark McVeigh
Matthew Lloyd
Michael Hurley
Michael Still
Nathan Lovett-Muarry
Paddy Ryder
Ricky Dyson
Sam Lonergan
Scott Gumbleton
Scott Lucas
Tayte Pears
Tom Bellchambers
Tyson Slattery

Rookies
Bryce Carroll
Christian Bock
Jarrod Atkinson
Kade Klemke
Rhys Magin​

Roofrom50

International Coach
kangarooslogo02-2.jpg
V
brand.gif

Match Preview

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the Telstra Dome on this glarious Sunday afternoon in Melbourne. Round 1 finishes off with the Kangaroos and the Essendon Bombers doing battle. This match concludes the end of the Round, as we have seen some many good matches this week, as it kicked off at the MCG, with Carlton and Richmond under lights on Friday night.

Carlton held onto a good slender win beating the Tigers by 23 points. Port Adelaide and Geelong came together at Aami Stadium to do battle, but it was the away side, and runner up premiers from last season the Cats who had a good solid win, 33 points the margin in the end. Collingwood was at home in their first match of the season, and the Dockers had to travel to Melbourne and try and break their "away" winning streak. They certainly did that, but only just, one of the best matches of the round, saw the Dockers only getting over the line by 2 points, in a thrilling entertaining contest.

The West Coast Eagles were at home to a young Brisbane team who is lead now by coach Michael Voss. But it was a miserable day to rememeber for the 3 time premiership player for the Lions in his first outing as coach, as his team was pumped by 89 points. Adelaide had to travel to Melbourne for their first match of the season heading up against the Doggies. A very free flowing and fast contest between the two sides, saw the Dogs get up by 17 points in a thrilling contest at the Dome. Premiers from last season Hawthorn came up against the wooden spooners from last year, but the Hawks weren't going to take the bottom side lightly. It was a entertaining match, and the Dees did very well, only loosing by 19 points.

This now brings us to the closing of the round, here at the Telstra Dome, seeing the Kangaroos vs Essendon. Whose going to win? Let's have a look at the two sides lining up this afternoon.

kangarooslogo02.jpg

B: Ed Lower - Joshua Gibson - Daniel Pratt
HB: Lachlan Hansen - Michael Firrito - Brady Rawlings
C: Adam Simpson - Daniel Wells - JesseW. Smith
HF: Sam Power - Corey Jones - Ben Ross
FF: Jack Ziebell - Drew Petrie - Lindsay Thomas
R: David Hale - Brent Harvey - Daniel Harris
INT: Leigh Harding - Shannon Watt - Matt Riggio - Josh Smith

brand.gif

B: Jay Neagle - Paddy Ryder - Henry Slattery
HB: Jay Nash - Dustin Fletcher - Andrew Welsh
C: Alwyn Davey - Brent Stanton - Jason Winderlich
HF: Nathan Lovett-Muarry - Adam McPhee - Ricky Dyson
FF: Scott Lucas - Matthew Lloyd - Angus Monfries
R: David Hille - Mark McVeigh - Andrew Lovett
INT: Brent Prismall - Courtney Dempsey - Kyle Reimers - Jobe Watson

OffCutters

International Coach
Good update, but strange thing, the Kangas logo is wayy smaller than the Essendon one, might wanna change that. I reckon Kangas for this one, they arent a bad side but it`ll be a pretty close one.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Oh and Jamie Bennell went to my school, and Jetta is also from Bunbury. As his Hunter.

It's actually strange, Bunburys tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread