Euro 2012 Thread

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed. Doesn't even feature in UEFA's 23 man all star team.

Ten Spain players in Team of the Tournament ? UEFA.com

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Manuel Neuer (Germany).

Defenders: Gerard Piqu? (Spain), F?bio Coentr?o (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain).

Midfielders: Daniele de Rossi (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Xavi Hern?ndez (Spain), Andr?s Iniesta (Spain), Sami Khedira (Germany), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Mesut ?zil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain).

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Italy), Cesc F?bregas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), David Silva (Spain).

Really feel Agger should have made the cut.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fernando Torres: European Cup winner, European Championship winner, Golden boot...and still crap.

Golden boots = Davis Silva,Jordi Alba,Juan Mata and Fernando Torres . These all should be golden boots but does anyone know why we say fernando Torres is golden boot ?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
He was joint leading scorers with 3 but got it based on assists.
Apparently Gomez would have got it too for his assist (had Torres not had done what he did last night) for that flick that he did against Denmark, I think it was, where he miscued the ball... :rolleyes

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Torres played about 189 minutes for his tied tally. So he got the advantage. But his playing style has transformed completely since that Barcelona goal.

He goes closer into the box and nips the ball into the net, unlike his days at Liverpool. Great run at the end of the season for him. Goes to show what good playmakers can affect his play.

----------

Golden boots = Davis Silva,Jordi Alba,Juan Mata and Fernando Torres . These all should be golden boots but does anyone know why we say fernando Torres is golden boot ?

Golden boot is given to the top scorer in the tournament, not to whoever score in the finals.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
The reason Torres got the boot was because he played the least minutes for the 3 goals that he scored. Wish Balotelli had scores, classy player

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The reason Torres got the boot was because he played the least minutes for the 3 goals that he scored. Wish Balotelli had scores, classy player

Fernando Torres is way better player than Balotelli .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In the past I would agree. And maybe if he improves his form I'll agree on you for the present.

Auwais

International Coach
He's not the only one, it seems quite a few people haven't watched Torres since 2009 and are rating him due to his reputation.

I've seen a thread on a Man Utd forum where quite a few fans were happy to take a ?15-20m "punt" on him.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Well deserved Spain - did it without Villa, which hampered their balance. Iniesta's a champ & happy to see Torres do something after he was such a dud at the WC.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Well played Spain. Even when both are top of form. I would prefer Balotelli compared to torres.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well played Spain. Even when both are top of form. I would prefer Balotelli compared to torres.

And Xavi compared to Pirlo .

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
God help those who feel Torres had a "good" Euro... He didn't even make UEFA's all star team fgs (Yeah the one that featured 10 Spaniards)! Only a complete idiot would feel Torres > Balotelli ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread