Euro 2012 Thread

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have seen the BBC documentary and second Auwais view that it is highly sensationalised. I have myself been to Ukraine in 2000 and had a wonderful time there. Everyone was friendly.

And secondly I am happy to see the WC being given to new countries - it must because football is a global sport and you need to promote it in new places. Qatar will rock the world in 2022 just wait and watch. People don't just go to watch football? Well if you want to party then go to Ibiza. Qatar is pretty lenient to western culture but at the same time you have to respect their culture as well.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
There's nothing wrong with Qatar for the World Cup. Unless you happen to be female.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Russia win 4-1 against the Czech, played very well, especially Arshavin and Dzagoev.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there were quite a lot of boo's whenever the black Czech player(sorry, don't know his name) got hold of the ball.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Russia could have scored 6-7, had it not been for the misfiring Kerzhakov in their XI. But yeah, Arshavin and Dzagoev were absolutely immense up front!

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Very entertaining start to the Euros. Russia looked very good, a lot of team chemistry there and Arshavin was running the show brilliantly.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Russia could have scored 6-7, had it not been for the misfiring Kerzhakov in their XI. But yeah, Arshavin and Dzagoev were absolutely immense up front!

According to ESPN, Kerzhakov is the first ever player to have seven shots off target in a single game at the Euros.

Auwais

International Coach
Wow, wasn't expecting that on the opening day. Thought it'd be a lot more cagier and flat.

Great start!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Two decent games to get the tournament started - goals and incidents and some nice attacking play and counter-attacking too.

Hope the rest of the tournament is as good as what we got yesterday.

Lee1981

International Coach
Frightening to see how far we England are behind Russia in terms of keeping the ball and creativity.

Got to look forward to watching us park the bus now for our group games

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Denmark win. Amazing result for them.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Missed the first game and look what happened, congrats to Denmark.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Really tough for Holland now. Funny how when everyone was talking about how hard the group of death was no-one really gave Denmark a chance.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Really tough for Holland now. Funny how when everyone was talking about how hard the group of death was no-one really gave Denmark a chance.

They didn't give 'em a chance in 1992 either. ;) And no one gave Greece an earthly in 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread