Experience the world through our users eyes - kindly resize over sized photos :-)

Your Continent

• North America

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Central America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Africa

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Oceania

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Asia

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Middle East

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@RUDOLPH asked me to upload some pictures from my trip to Pakistan. Unfortunately, i left my camera there, so i'll just take some from Google :p. I'll only post pictures of the places i've visited, of course.
Tagging those that i think might be interested
@Na Maloom Afraad @Perfect Square @AliB @VC the slogger @zwarrior @Sami Kumar @Sam. @UMCricket @Aislabie

First stop : Lahore

Easily the best airport in the country. Baggage reclaim was chaotic as always, but quite funny as well, for some reason. Also, at passport control, people with Pakistani passports were going in the queue reserved for those with foreign passports, and the officers behind the desk weren't batting an eye. Part of the beauty of Pakistan :p

Allama_Iqbal_Intl_Airport%2C_Lahore.jpg

The Minar-e-Pakistan, located in Iqbal Park (on a side note, Iqbal Park, formerly known as Minto Park, was the hub of cricket in the Punjab region before Partiton. A lot of international players, including the likes of Lala Amarnath and Abdul Hafeez Kardar, played there). The Minar was built to honour the Lahore Resolution, which was adopted at the same park by the All India Muslim League on the 23th of March 1940, in which they demanded a separate country for Muslims.
Also, the amusement rides nearby are quite fun too.

Minar-e-Pakistan-Lahore5.jpg.jpg

The Badshahi Mosque, the fifth largest mosque in the world. Built by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb.

7115030303_9146fa2dd5_b.jpg

The Lahore Fort, located at the northern end of the Walled City. Its origins are obscure and are traditionally based on some myths. It was almost entirely rebuilt in the 17th century, when the Mughal Empire was at the height of its splendour under the emperor Shah Jahan (best known for building the Taj Mahal). It contains palaces, mosques, and the beautiful Shalimar Gardens. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Lahore-Fort-Shahi-Qila-by-Hassan-Tahir-22-1442511519.jpg

Wagha Border, the border between Pakistan and India, about 25 km east of Lahore. Every day, two hours before sunset, a flag lowering ceremony takes place, in front of large audiences from both sides.

attr_1510.jpg

Second stop : Islamabad

The Faisal Mosque, completed in 1986. It is the largest mosque in Pakistan. It is located on the foothills of the Margala Hills.

4824601536_5e1c438755_b.jpg

The Centaurus. Includes a 36-floor hotel, 23-floor residential and office towers, and a four-storey shopping mall. The only place i could find a Burger King restaurant in my whole life in Pakistan. Probably the most visited place by foreigners in Pakistan.

shopping-malls.jpg

The Pakistan Monument. It is shaped like a blooming flower. The four main petals represent the four provinces (Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Sindh), and the three smaller petals represent the three territories (Gilgit-Baltistan, Azad Kashmir, Tribal Areas). An adjacent terrace provides a bird's-eye view to Islamabad.

4185100854_a001c18b45_b.jpg

Third stop : Hunza Valley, Gilgit-Baltistan

One word is enough to describe it : heavenly. It is popularly known to be the inspiration for the fictional valley of Shangri-La in James Hilton's novel "Lost Horizon". Not without reason.

Hunza_Valley_HDR.jpg

Dorkhan_Hunza.jpg

20A3KuE.jpg

5512b0ef5c707.jpg

Visit Hunza Valley in Pakistan - From the pictures i have seen, it looks heavenly

Even though i saw some magnificent places during my stay, as shown by the pictures above, the experience i enjoyed the most was playing street cricket with my cousins :D

53d20b780b7c1.jpg

A final word : imagine that, despite doing both good and bad things in your life, only the bad ones are noted and talked about by other people. That sums up Pakistan. The image that comes into the minds of people when hearing Pakistan's name is an outdated one. It is by no means a completely safe place, but the same can be said of Europe at the moment. Pakistan is not the post 9-11 Far West it used to be anymore.
Finally, sorry for so many images, which must've taken ages to load, but they were necessary to portray the full beauty of what i saw.

D

Deleted member 46200

With a decent camera and steady hand pictures like these are not hard. Modern photography is about catching a moment ever read National Geographic? The street cricket pic can easily make that, I really fancy a game...?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Here are a few from my lens. Around my city, Hyderabad!
Charminar mine.jpg
Charminar, Hyderabad- IN.

Constructed to commemorate the eradication of Plague.

Kacheguda Madurai.jpg

Indian train with a sun rise near Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad- IN.

Temple.jpg

Puri Jagannath Temple, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad- IN.

This is the replica of temple in Puri.

Sunset.jpg

Statue of lord Budha amidst the Hussain Sagar lake. The lake that separates the twin cities Hyderabad and Secunderabad.

DSCN8866.JPG

Infosys, Pocharam, Hyderabad - IN.

IMG_4248.jpg

Financial District, Gacchibowli, Hyderabad - IN.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
View attachment 187792

View attachment 187793

Indian train with a sun rise near Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad- IN.

View attachment 187794

View attachment 187795

Statue of lord Budha amidst the Hussain Sagar lake. The lake that separates the twin cities Hyderabad and Secunderabad.

View attachment 187796

View attachment 187797

GO Hyderabad! Go Hyderabad!

S

Satan666

View attachment 187792

View attachment 187793

View attachment 187794

View attachment 187795

View attachment 187796

View attachment 187797

Have you been to that temple?

Users who are viewing this thread