RACING F1 2011 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Caved in and bought the game yesterday, despite not really having the money to do so, and have to say that it is absolutely brilliant. So much of a step forward from the Championship Edition, which is the latest version before it that I own.

Definitely buy it if you like F1.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No joke, I walked by EB Games and nearly picked it up because I wanted to hear the F1 car sounds because I thought it was so beautiful elegant.

Seriously at that moment I'd rather shell out $90 instead of probably just watching F1 videos off Youtube.

harrisb

International Coach
I won't be getting this game for a few weeks, i haven't got the money to buy it now, so I'll be waiting until my birthday hoping that my parents will get it for me, looks amazing though, and being a huge F1 fan, i can't wait.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Caved in and bought the game yesterday, despite not really having the money to do so, and have to say that it is absolutely brilliant. So much of a step forward from the Championship Edition, which is the latest version before it that I own.

Definitely buy it if you like F1.

Yep, agreed with that.

No joke, I walked by EB Games and nearly picked it up because I wanted to hear the F1 car sounds because I thought it was so beautiful elegant.

Seriously at that moment I'd rather shell out $90 instead of probably just watching F1 videos off Youtube.

Ha ha! The engines are great and they appear to differ from team to team.

I won't be getting this game for a few weeks, i haven't got the money to buy it now, so I'll be waiting until my birthday hoping that my parents will get it for me, looks amazing though, and being a huge F1 fan, i can't wait.

If on PC, keep an eye on the Steam sales. :)

harrisb

International Coach
No, I've got a PS3, and my laptop is about 5 years old, so there's no way it would run, I would have thought.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One really bad criticism I have so far is that at Melbourne both Alonso and Vettel were knocked out in Q1, with no crashes/faults/anything. The only major unrealistic thing I have seen from the game so far though.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Finished my first race of the season at Melbourne in the Lotus. Started 17th and finished in 17th. Loved being able to get in a grove by the end of the race.

One piece of advice, if the option tires really really go, pit ASAP, otherwise you'll barely be able to keep it on the track. So bloody difficult to control once they 'drop off the cliff'.

I do miss pitstops where you had to control the mechanics (press certain buttons) and I also miss the warm up lap.

However, the physics of it all are brilliant and aesthetically it is stunning. Reckon I'll start Round 2 tomorrow after a long uni day.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The new patch for F1 2011 is due soon and - going by the patch notes - it sounds as though it will be a good one. We'll see, eh?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, do you have it MasterBlaster? If you do let me know if you think it's fixed the major bugs as I really want it. Want to jump on my DFGT and throw a car around Spa :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The second patch sounds as though it's just around the corner and on paper it looks great. :)

Users who are viewing this thread