RACING F1 2011 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
News is beginning to come our way of F1 2011, the follow up to Codies' acclaimed, yet flawed, thrill ride. :)

F1 2011 Preview - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

Preview: F1 2011: Harder, faster, stronger? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

F1 2011 Preview for PC - VideoGamer.com

I'm well up for this game; since grabbing the excellent F430 USB FF Wheel, I've sunk hour upon hour into F1 2010.

Edit: Screens

F12011_wip_007_wet.jpg

F12011_wip_009_wet.jpg

F12011_wip_011_wet.jpg

F12011_wip_013.jpg

F12011_wip_015.jpg

F12011_wip_015.jpg

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
Looks good, I've got back into 2010 recently after my trip to the GP in Monaco last weekend, and yes, there are flaws, but hopefully these will be smoothened out ahead of the new game, can't wait

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Eviva! At last, a reply!! I can tell you that someone at Race Dev was invited to play the game and he said 'it improves on F1 2010 beautifully'. Of course, he's been sworn to secrecy on most of the info, but if any more comes my way, I'll post it here. :)

Edit: You went to Monaco GP?? Wow - that must have been amazing! How much did it cost you?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Didn't get the 2010 version, but I will be getting this. Looks incredible again, and will beat having to play F1 CE over and over again.

harrisb

International Coach
Eviva! At last, a reply!! I can tell you that someone at Race Dev was invited to play the game and he said 'it improves on F1 2010 beautifully'. Of course, he's been sworn to secrecy on most of the info, but if any more comes my way, I'll post it here. :)

Edit: You went to Monaco GP?? Wow - that must have been amazing! How much did it cost you?

I honestly don't know, we had seats overlooking the pitlane with screen in front of us so we could quite easily see what was going on. It was a Christmas present from my parents, I think my Dad knows somebody involved with something in F1.

One thing we did decide was that if we go again we'd just get general admission standing tickets, the view on the hill looked much better as you could see more of the track, however it was very busy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I honestly don't know, we had seats overlooking the pitlane with screen in front of us so we could quite easily see what was going on. It was a Christmas present from my parents, I think my Dad knows somebody involved with something in F1.

One thing we did decide was that if we go again we'd just get general admission standing tickets, the view on the hill looked much better as you could see more of the track, however it was very busy.

Wow, what a Christmas present!!

Another F1 2011 tidbit:

Gaming Nexus - E3: 2011 F1 2011 (Hands On) - by Sean Nack

I like the sound of this:

How does it drive? Quick confession, GN-ers, I'm not much for racing simulators. I prefer an arcade racing experience over fiddling with tire treads, but the precise handling of F1 might win me over. A big plus for me was the "driving line," an optional pathway that changes colors based on the player's approach speed, green for go, yellow for "hey, maybe you might want to break a little," and red for "SLOW DOWN, FOR ALL THAT'S HOLY!" Even with the assist, I had a hard time staying on course. The lesson I learned? F1 2011 is such a good racing sim, it out-drove me.

And another:

http://www.motorworldhype.com/2011-...ers-f1-2011-info-and-first-screen-shots-andy/

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Loads of racing games have had that coloured guide-line thing - two games I own have it (Forza 2 on 360 and NFS:Shift on iPod Touch) and I bet others have it too.

I doubt this game will be a sim, but then again a proper F1 sim would be boring and pretty much impossible to play such is the difficulty of controlling a real Formula One car... I just hope they strike a good balance between fun and realism - PGR4 is one of my favourite racing games, because although it's handling is quite easy, it very much rewards taking proper racing lines and picking the correct braking zones etc.

This looks good, will wait for gameplay videos (and hopefully a demo) before deciding on whether to purchase it.

Exactly, Madman. Some things that are present in real life would just be annoying in a game. It's like everyone goes on about 'football sims', but imagine if it really was exactly like real life? Matches would go for 90mins and there would be loads of boring 0-0s! In football, as in F1, heightened reality is what we should be aiming for. :)

I felt that the driving model in F1 2010 was quite good though - provided you were using tyre sim. Without that, it felt like a 100% grip arcade game and was very boring to play. The problems started when it turned out that the AI weren't being affected by tyre sim or fuel sim - so that, along with penalties affecting the AI properly, are my prerequisites for buying the new game. Not so much the penalties - they can be turned off and still have a fun game - but the first two definitely.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
New interview:

F1 2011 E3 2011 Interview (Xbox 360) - GameSpot Video

@Madman - agreed about the necessity for some aspects of simulation in sports games - I wasn't having a go about the PES vs Fifa thing - I was using that as that was the best example I could think of. ;) Of course, that's something we're just going to have to agree to disagree on, eh? :)

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
There are some very interesting tweets coming from the dev:

Twitter

My favourites:

* AI suffer failures
* Car audio is improved this year
* you can see smoke from tyres when locking up under braking
* Fuel Sim for the AI is now active, as is proper Tyre Sim for AI
* Only the teams that have KERS will have it in the game
* AI will suffer retirements, accidents, tyre & fuel sim... proper simulation when Qualifying - the whole lot

Ha ha! Read that guys! If all that stuff is indeed in the game, F1 2011 will be immense. :D

He also said they're looking at the penalty system, trying to modify it and that they're testing out manual starts to see if they can get them to a stage where they could include them. :)

This is now my No.1 most wanted game of the year. :D

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That list sounds incredible. Can't wait for this to come out. Any news on any career mode changes?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
They haven't released a whole lot, but they did say that things you do/don't do will get into the papers and affect various things. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sounds good. I wish they could have drivers changing teams in the career mode, but I know with licensing they can't do that. It's a real bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread