Facts concerning BLIC

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rubbergenius, the community liason offiicer and Administrator at Codemasters forums, is releasing daily facts about BLIC.

He has kindly agreed for us to post the facts here for discussion also. Thanks to rubbergenius for this (the original topic at Codemasters can be found here)

The facts will be added to this thread as and when they are released

Edit - collated facts so far are

Fact 1. There's eight different pitch types and even footmarks which change progressively; this can be used as a guide to put spin on the ball.
"We're photographing and recording pitches in each of the major countries to get pitch colours, bounce, grass etc all correct"

Fact 2. All round excellent gameplay: there's fully intuitive batting, bowling and fielding in the game, and each is as important as each other

Fact 3. Adding to the televisual style of presentation, Brian Lara International Cricket will also utilise cutting-edge broadcast devices, including Hawk-Eye - fully licensed from its creators, The Television Corporation (http://www.hawkeyeinnovations.co.uk).

Fact 4. Brian Lara International Cricket unlockables include a classic squad of 20 with the greatest names from cricket history - WG Grace included.

Fact 5. If you want to get your skills up to international standards, there are Practice nets to get in shape.
The practise nets will be very in-depth though - you can get the bowler to bowl specific balls and so they bounce on a specific part of the wicket

Fact 6. In the Friendly match option, you can play a One Day International, Test Match, or Double Wicket game. More info on Double Wicket to follow in tomorrow's Fact of the Day!

Fact 7. Double Wicket cricket, included in the 'Friendly' section of the game, is a very accessible way to play BLIC2005 quickly, featuring two batsmen and two bowlers (so it works well as a two- or four-player game).

You choose which players you would like (a batsman and a bowler, or two all-rounders, would be good - at least one player handy with a bat and one with a ball) and then the amount of overs playable and how many penalty runs any wickets cost.

Then you play the game as usual. If the opposition get a wicket it just means that the batting side are docked runs (the penalty runs mentioned before).

After the set number of overs, the side that was previously bowling comes in and they play their overs at bat. Best score, after the penalty runs have been taken off, wins.

Fact 8. Choose 'One Day International' in the 'Friendly' section of the game and you can change the default number of overs (50) to create a 20:20 match instead.

Fact 9. To get you guessing, there will be multiple commentary teams featuring some of the biggest and recognisable names in cricket. Can't say who yet though!

Fact 10. There's over 800 players animations in the game, fully motion captured

Fact 11. There will be a four-player multiplayer game available (2v2), with the chance for each gamer to join or leave the game at any point.

Fact 12. There will be full use of the modern technology that's used in the cricket coverage on TV - more on this very soon, when I can say more - but I'm sure you can guess what innovations will be alongside Hawkeye to add to the 'TV-style' coverage.

Fact 13. The classic squad will contain 20 players - the greatest names in cricket and you can play against them!

Fact 14. Further to the classic section I was mentioning yesterday - in BLIC2005 you will also be able to replay classic matches, such as the first Ashes test from 1889.

Fact 15. I'll let you know on the full team run down on Monday, but to get you guessing over the weekend, the Classic squad includes 20 members of which 6 are English, 5 Australian, 5 from the West Indies, 2 from South Africa and 1 each from India and Pakistan.

Anyone care to guess on who they are? If anyone gets it right (unlikely I know but it's an honest offer), I'll send them a Codies game and goodie bag.

Please put your guesses on the thread linked below to keep it tidy on this this thread.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...&threadid=53811

Fact 16. There's six Game Modes: Friendly, Tournament, Challenge, Coaching, Custom, and The Pavillon. I've talked about Friendly already, so next I'll move on to talk about the Challenge mode.

Fact 17. Talking about game modes, 'Challenge', as mentioned on Monday, will have two major parts - the classic matches, and the Beat the All-Stars section.

Fact 18. In the Classic Match scenarios, part of the Challenge mode, we have initially gone for 10 classics.

Fact 19. Brian Lara Criket will have a plethora of well-known cricket sponsors - ad hoardings, teams, bats, balls and helmets will display that distinctive logo or touch to make the game experience even more immersive and encompassing.

Fact 20. Bit of strange one to throw into the fire, just to let you debate this: You don't not control your fielder when you're running for the ball. He'll do that automatically

Fact 21. In the 'Custom' section of the game you can create your own 'best of the best' from all the players in the game, both current and classic.

Fact 22 While there will be a speedometer after you have bowled of course to tell you the speed you bowled at, to control the speed while you bowl, you select the type of ball you want to bowl (using the controller buttons on PS2/Xbox, not sure on PC yet) and then the speed of the ball depends on your run-up, a what point you release the ball, the swing, if your bowler is 'finding his groove' (how bowlers come into and go out of form throughout a match) and the pitch conditions after the ball has left his hands.[/b[

Fact 23. The pitch point marker works differently to previous cricket games in that it is active throughout the run-up rather than being set before the bowler starts his run. This allows for late adjustments to the line and length you are bowling right up to the point when the ball is being released from the bowler's hand

Fact 24. The Customise menu of BLIC2005 will include a Player Editor, to edit existing players in the game.

Fact 25. Batting AND bowling can be controlled up until the 'last second' - just as in real life and just as it should be.

Fact 26. Key to the difference between top quality, average, and tailend batsmen in Brian Lara 2005 is in the foot movement range associated with each batsman type and the range of shots available to them. The better batsmen have much better foot movement, allowing them to play shots that tailenders would struggle with, and they also have many more shots available to them (as in real life).

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Fact 1. There's eight different pitch types and even footmarks which change progressively; this can be used as a guide to put spin on the ball.

"We're photographing and recording pitches in each of the major countries to get pitch colours, bounce, grass etc all correct"

gold639

International Coach
Man I don't think I should read this......it makes me eager for the game even more.:)

vibs89

School Cricketer
Cool man but one think i didn't understand is wat is footmark is it that when u run or walk u will see the marking of foot boots

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, over 500 ball bowled in a day and the pitch looks identical the next, this got to me in C2004.

8 pitch types... green, hard, medium, flat, dead, dusty, damp, ??
mystery pitch... it could be mumbai, it could be hamilton, it could be carpet.

rocklara

International Coach
yea, this sounds very interesting, especially if the rough will allow the ball to behave in a certain manner, which will especially suit the spinners by the 4th and 5th days. However a little rough in an ODI can be a very important factor when this game will be released.

Ste

Executive member
Todays fact from Codemasters is All round excellent gameplay: there's fully intuitive batting, bowling and fielding in the game, and each is as important as each other.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
What an incredibly meaningless statement!!!
Will tomorrows be 'there will be be 11 players on each team'?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
At least they're providing facts at a constant rate, eventually, they will tell us the secrets of the game of cricket.

Actually, we're due for another fact... or was the last fact just early?

vibs89

School Cricketer
Colin that was funny tomorrow they will say 11 players i hope they would not tell that facts i mean we kno the how cricket is played that bot teams must have 11 players we kno all that but i hope they don't say facts lik 11 players will be ther and two umpires that is weired facts

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Fact for Wednesday 17th November

Adding to the televisual style of presentation, Brian Lara International Cricket will also utilise cutting-edge broadcast devices, including Hawk-Eye - fully licensed from its creators, The Television Corporation (http://www.hawkeyeinnovations.co.uk).

Users who are viewing this thread