Fantasy Byte: Try it out now

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although could there be more points for boundaries in T20s?
It will be configurable and up to the FC staff to decide. If you ask me, I'd set them as highest points in Test matches and lowest in T20Is since the frequency of those will vary based on the format being played.

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
When will it be launcwd
Post automatically merged:

Launched*

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
The much requested "Undo scoring" feature. Felt something went wrong while scoring a match? No worries, you'll have plenty of opportunities to undo it.

undo_scoring.gif

lordy

Panel of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
Do we need more people to help score competitions? The Pak v England hasn't been updated for a week or subs opened?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Next up: Dispensing vCash

I initially thought of making this aspect fully automated which would kick in after scoring of the final game of the series, but then decided against it so as to allow unscoring of the final game as well should there be any mistake. So once all games have been scored, a button would appear on the UI which will transfer the vCash to the top 3 users (tied points are also taken care of)

award.gif

The multiplier to decide vCash amount will be configurable via the ACP depending on the format of the series. In the demo above, it was x1000 for 1st place, x500 for 2nd place and x250 for 3rd place.

PS: The staff member that clicks on this button need not worry about having the required amount of vCash in his account as this amount will be taken from the system and not user's profile.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
We now move to player replacements - another one of the popular requests.

This will allow the FC staff to add players to the squad should any original player get injured and a replacement is announced. The demo below shows how A.Rahane is added to the squad at a later stage (i.e, once setup is completed and series is open for registrations).
replace.gif

The use case shown above is for someone who hasn't registered yet and thus can take advantage of the replacement. The next step would be to allow the already registered users to do the same thereby making it fair for everyone irrespective of when they registered their team.

PS: The system will allow replacements only until the time the series is open for registration. Once the 1st match of the series is underway, replacements will be disabled. It becomes a bit messy if it's allowed past that, but we can revisit this later depending on how popular the preference is.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
The use case shown above is for someone who hasn't registered yet and thus can take advantage of the replacement. The next step would be to allow the already registered users to do the same thereby making it fair for everyone irrespective of when they registered their team.
Here's how someone who has already registered for a series can make use of the replacement feature.

So in this case, a user is replacing Rohit Sharma with the replacement (Ajinkya Rahane) added by the fantasy staff.

registered_replacement.gif

With this step, I believe I've completed the lifecycle of a series which includes setting it up, user registration, subs and replacements, scoring a match, unscoring a match and finally awarding winners.

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Here's how someone who has already registered for a series can make use of the replacement feature.

So in this case, a user is replacing Rohit Sharma with the replacement (Ajinkya Rahane) added by the fantasy staff.

With this step, I believe I've completed the lifecycle of a series which includes setting it up, user registration, subs and replacements, scoring a match, unscoring a match and finally awarding winners.
When it will be launched bro ?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
After a match is scored, a post is automatically created in the series thread with the standings injected as content of the post. No more copy-pasting stuff from one place to another.

1672898316817.png

This also takes care of the issue plaguing the current system where username changes are not reflected in the standings as the addon uses XF's inbuilt user entity to retrieve the info.

Users who are viewing this thread