Favorite World Cup?

kickboxer1st

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Favorite Cricket World Cup?

Hey guyz. I was wondering if u guyz had a favorite world cup. my most favorite one is the 1992.

Last edited:

gold639

International Coach
Well I only watched the 1999 and the 2003 world cups..so i would say 1999.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i guess cricket .
look at my avatar and u wud about my fav world cup

kickboxer1st

School Cricketer
yes andrew the 1992 world cup was awesome i guess maybe it was that most of the games were so competitive and we saw some great players go against eachother.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
well my favourite should be 83 but was a toddler then...the few blurred images of 87 that I have(esp. Chetan Sharma's hat-trick and Gatting's fatal reverse sweep) make it an interesting one...92 was good but frankly the rain rule then was awful(I still remember the desolat look on McMillan's face when he was asked to score 21 off 1 ball)...96 for me was the best -almost all the teams starting at the same level(of ability and rankings - had they been in place then) and lesser minnows...perhaps the super six system is better but 99 had other things on our minds as Indians and 2003 was awfully long with too many minnows and meaningless matches...

Will p

International Cricketer
I thinnk the U19 one(last year) was awesome as andrew said, i thought 96 was bessed eventhough i was only like 6!

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think most Pakistanis would say 92, Sri lankans 96,Indians would say 83,Australians all.

But I've seen only 96,99 and 2003 WCs.My fav is WC 2003.I 've never seen India play like that before.I wasn't born when the 83 world cup took place.

squiz

International Coach
I've only seen the 99 World cup, and the 2003 world cup

The best out of them was the 99 one, even though we were undefeated in 2003, we had to come back after a dreadful start in 99, and it was a tough struggle up until the final

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India's matches in 99 WC were fixed by Azharuddin.Loss against Zimbabwe was obvious.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
99, so many good games that year and some brilliant individual efforts. I remember Neil Johnson's unbeaten hundred against Australia at Lords.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
dude if we rate the WC's just on the basis of the quality of cricket produced, then perhaps 83 and 87(can easily say that from the scorecards and highlights) would beat most others(my opinion), provided we rate irrespective of the winner...of course most of the semi-finals and finals have produced some of the most entertaining ODI's ever apart from 99(final) and 2003(India's semi and the final :( ) ...and that 92 semi between England and SA was hogwash...

post 87 though(coz most of us wouldn't have seen these two WC's) - 96 seems to be the best...

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I go for 1996 becoz of those two matches that India had against Pakistan and Sri Lanka. What a match that was in Bangalore? I vividly remember Venkatesh Prasad's joy when he won the battle against Aamir Sohail. And the next match against Sri Lanka was heartbreaking but was terrific. Thought that we would win when Sachin and Manjrekar was batting like how they did, but Jayasuriya had other plans!!

Users who are viewing this thread