Feb 26 - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The toughest game of the world cup for us. If we can trump the Lankans in this one, we should really be considered as serious title contenders this time around.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It's difficult to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. But in the past history Australia and Pakistan are the ones who have beaten a couple of times in Sri Lanka. So maybe tomorrow as well.

I've got a feeling that Malinga was rested in previous match for this game.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
If we can trump the Lankans in this one, we should really be considered as serious title contenders this time around.

Regardless of whether Pakistan loses/wins the match , they are serious contenders for the title IMO . The most fascinating thing in them is their ability to explode huge after 35 overs on a consistent basis . That way , even if they happen to make only 120 in their first 35 overs for the loss of 4 or less wickets (worst case) , i can easily see them making 270 and steal the momentum and eventually the game away from the opposition . And why isn't Saeed Ajmal playing at all ?? I wanna know this bigtime !

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Saeed Ajmal has been sacrificed due to thinking in the Pak camp that restricting runs is more important than taking wickets. Thats why we have razzaq take the new ball and Rehman playing in Ajmal's spot. I disagree with this strategy as taking wickets and aggression has always been the key for Pakistan in the past.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
restricting runs is more important than taking wickets.

In what way did Rehman did prove a better choice than Ajmal for the former part of the criteria ?? Ajmal has been both economical as well as a good strike bowler to me :spy
Me thinks its the Mike Hussey effect during the World t20 2010 Semifinals.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So, does this mean Ajmal won't play in the next match? Damn, I was seeing him to be among top bowlers for this tournament.

P

pcfan123

In what way did Rehman did prove a better choice than Ajmal for the former part of the criteria ?? Ajmal has been both economical as well as a good strike bowler to me :spy
Me thinks its the Mike Hussey effect during the World t20 2010 Semifinals.

I see you doing this all the time so I'll try to help you out.

Twenty20 and ODIs are not the same thing. Performance in one does not correlate to performance in the other. There really is no comparison between the formats, they involved entirely different approaches and skill sets.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Wasim Akram said in a geo super program

I had advised Afridi to include ajmal in the team but i think Rehman is more favorite of captain and coach these days

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Not only in the bowling department, but it may be Rehman's batting which is giving him more value over Saeed Ajmal.

If Rehman can bowl 10 overs for 40 to 50 runs, and hit a few runs quick at the end, or help chase runs at the end, it may be very well worth him playing.

If you really look at Pakistan's batting line-up, they bat till #10 with Rehman, as Gul can also swing and hit the ball a long way.

It is a defensive option for sure though, because the team management are thinking we need batsman of some sort at #10, but we are prone to collapses, and historically our bowling has usually always taken care of itself even if weakened, it is the batting that needs to be strengthened.

Not that I necessarily agree with this ideology, I think it is the team's thinking.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan should look to attack. Teams with a defensive mindset can only go so far in a tournament of this kind.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Personally i think PAK tactic & team balance is perfectly fine TBH. As an AUS fan who is backing them AUS to win this WC, im honestly more worried abt PAK than any other team.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Srilanka will win this match for sure!! I don't know how to make a bet!!! Anyone Please guide me how to make a bet?!

Last edited:

Addy

National Board President
This should be a cracker of the game. Both teams look balanced, may the best team win :thumbs

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
my worry for this is sri lanka will get their balance wrong trying to include perera.

he's a good player but if they try to include him in an artificial way then they're going to mess the team up. Sanga has done this before when he wanted to play mendis but felt after herath had performed he couldn't drop him. so they played three spinners with mathews opening the bowling and were subsequently humped by sehwag.

Users who are viewing this thread