Feb 26 - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really excited about this game, for some reason. This, and Sunday's, should be absolute crackers!

About Ajmal, I remember reading somewhere months ago, just before the SA series I think, where he was interviewed and claimed that he was developing a new delivery for the WC. Maybe that's why they've kept him secret for a while.

This has to be taken with a pinch of salt, as I'm not too sure on the validity of that article.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Somehow gives me a feeling Pakistan will win this one, and make all others sit up and feel that Pakistan has it to make it to a good distance.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
This will be their big first test since becoming a settled unit after the spot-fixing scandal.

SL for me - they're too strong, and will be even stronger at home. On the other hand, won't be surprised if Pak topple them.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its Pakistan's bowling balance which will lose this match for them. Razzaq opening the bowling on such dull pitches is just a gift for opposition. I feel Rehman is better choice on this ground then Ajmal and the reason is Rehman gives alot of air to the ball and thus allow it to turn but Ajmal bowl a little faster thus not able to extract all the turn.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
cricinfo are betting on the same team as played canada depending on malinga, but surely they'll bring in herath given his past record against pakistan, and mendis'.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Herath should be a handful considering how miserable our batting is against left arm orthodox spinners.

----------

Also a point to note that Pakistan have defeated Sri Lanka 6 out of 6 times in WC matches. But this is the first time Sri Lanka have the home advantage. It makes for a fascinating contest provided Pakistan do not misfire too much.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Herath should be a handful considering how miserable our batting is against left arm orthodox spinners.

----------

Also a point to note that Pakistan have defeated Sri Lanka 6 out of 6 times in WC matches. But this is the first time Sri Lanka have the home advantage. It makes for a fascinating contest provided Pakistan do not misfire too much.

That's a null fact - those encounters were when SL was a minnow. More relevant fact - of their last 8 encounters in ODI's, SL have won 6 of them.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Bring Riaz in make the bowling more stronger and drop Shahzad

and also with Riaz,we can get some runs at well in the end so my all support with Riaz

Owzat

International Coach
That's a null fact - those encounters were when SL was a minnow. More relevant fact - of their last 8 encounters in ODI's, SL have won 6 of them.

Technically incorrect, last win by Pakistan in World Cups was in 1992 when Sri Lanka were classed as a Test side. In fact by definition only once was there defeat to Pakistan in a World Cup match as a "minnow".

So perhaps you're wording should be "before Sri Lanka were any good/a real force at cricket" (would have become decent around 1993/1994 by my reckoning)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
That's a null fact - those encounters were before before Sri Lanka were any good/a real force at cricket.

----------

Better, Owzat?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We do need a left arm pacer with all the left handers in Sri Lankan batting department.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I'm excited about this match, it should be a cracker. I do think that Sri Lanka will get home in this one.

I still don't get why there is only one game on today, and on a Saturday too!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Seems SL are rotating between their spinners unless they were just trying out Mendis one more game before giving Herath the rest.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Why on earth are SL not playing Slinga ?? That guy was the one who turned the tables on for Lanka during their Asia Cup clash . Not to mention i brought him new to my fantasy team :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread