FIFA 2010 World Cup: Best African Nation

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
FIFA 2010 World Cup: Best African Nation

The winner will be the African country that progresses the furthest in the 2010 World Cup Finals. If more than one of the final teams is eliminated in the same round, then a past trackback of points earned and goal difference will decide the winner.

If you look at the groups,

Ivory Coast has Brazil, Portugal and North Korea. I don't see them beating Brazil or Portugal.

Ghana has Germany, Australia and Serbia. This is definately one of the toughest groups. Australia and Serbia are pretty even with Ghana but I think Serbia should beat Ghana so Ghana could come 4th.

Cameroon has Netherlands, Denmark and Japan. They stand a good chance as they are pretty evenly matches with Denmark, they should beat Japan and Netherlands should top the group.

Nigeria has Argentina, Rep. Korea and Greece. Again stand a chance with Greece only slightly better than them and I don't rate Korea.

South Africa has Mexico, Uruguay and France. Tougher group than Nigeria and Cameroon but still do have a chance of going through.

Algeria has England, USA and Slovenia. One of the easier groups but Algeria isn't a great side so England and USA should easily progress.

So looking at that, Ivory Coast and Ghana aren't really worth the odds and I think only Cameroon, Nigeria and South Africa has a chance of progressing and Cameroon is the best team out of them so I'll put some money on them. And with odds of 11/2, it isn't a bad bet.

Ivory Coast are every chance to beat Portugal. Definitely.

Nigeria on their day can beat Greece, wouldn't bet on it though. Algeria won't go through. South Africa are a massive chance to go through as I wouldn't be surprised if France didn't make it out of their group. Cameroon have a great chance too.

I agree that Ivory Coast isn't likely go get through.

I've seen Ghana against the Netherlands and they weren't looking good. Especially since Essien isn't playing in the World Cup.

I feel Cameroon and Nigeria have the best chance of getting through.

Users who are viewing this thread