Flat panels for Gaming

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just wanna know if any of you guys have 24 inches Flat LCD monitor and how is it performing in terms of gaming. I have actually got my eyes set on Dell 24" Widescreen Ultra-Sharp model which has 6 ms Grey to Grey response time. I read some reviews last year and learnt that a 2ms response time is best for high paced gaming so my other option is to go for Viewsonic 19" model which has, in fact 2 ms response time and they advertise it as "made for gaming" etc.
So, if anyone has any experience, please advise.

langerrox

International Coach
i was looking at the 24" too, i find it hard to notice the ms difference and iirc you can only really notice ghosting if the quality of the panel is poor which dell are not...

siddharth2002

yeah, Dell certainly makes good quality products so in any case I might buy it when I have saved enough money. If it gives me any problems that I'll probably have to go double monitor and getting the Viewsonic one too.

kodos

International Coach
I currently have a 20" Viewsonic flat panel. I'm no expert at this but from my perspective it is excellent for gaming purposes and viewing movies and I have had no problems so far. The optimum resolution of 1680x1050 makes games look absolutely fantastic.

siddharth2002

kodos said:
I currently have a 20" Viewsonic flat panel. I'm no expert at this but from my perspective it is excellent for gaming purposes and viewing movies and I have had no problems so far. The optimum resolution of 1680x1050 makes games look absolutely fantastic.
Yeah true, I use that res on my Laptop for some of the games as its a decent machine.
I am basically into getting a 24" as preference so the Dell one does appear to be an ideal solution for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread