Flintoff expected to miss World Twenty20

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Is the ashes is so important to england, why does your team almost never win the series ?

And who agreed on this theory that the ashes series is the greatest series in the world ?

Stop playing mind games on yourself.
The two teams that play off for it - if Australia and England say that the Ashes is the most important tournament they each play in, then for them it is.

sammy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Err, you been smoking something? Ashes is the most historic test series in international cricket and the hype surrounding it is massive. Also we won it in 2005 and Australia won it in 2007 and this years is going to be very close.

Thats because only two teams use to play cricket, but today the hype should be around the two best teams facing each other. I don't like this devaluing of other series tho.

King Cricket

International Coach
Err, you been smoking something?

Most probably opium, like Kishen Kanhayiia. :p . The whole world is looking forward to the Ashes. This includes me as well. I will watch every match. Though I have a special reason for this, I want to show Ben how wrong he was about King Philip III. ;) And that's why I'm with the England team this year. ;) Go Broad Go! :banana2 Rip that crap King Philip apart!!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
28 wickets at under 20 and an economy of just over 6 begs to differ ;) Fred's also a talisman for this England team. We may have a better record in Test cricket without him, but there's no doubting his impact. In T20 cricket he offers good pace, a mean yorker and consistency, something we've not really got from anyone else bar Napes and Dimi. Anderson and Broad are very good bowlers, but they're not consistent in T20 cricket, especially Broad. Flintoff will be missed, but it's a T20 knockabout, I'd much rather he missed that and played the Ashes.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
His batting is 'abit naff' in all forms of the game though, not just T20. His bowling makes him a very important member of England's OD/T20 setups. I can see him retiring from Test cricket in the next year to 18 months and focusing on the OD side of the game. His body will not hold up against all 3 forms.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Who gives a toss about it anyway. He should be rebuilding fitness in the county championship rather than playing in the twenty20. No-one cares about it. IF we win then it'll be a nice feeling which will last a couple of weeks till the first ashes test and then nobody will care.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
when a player does not want to play a tournament ....the board says "he is injured".

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
when a player does not want to play a tournament ....the board says "he is injured".
You can't say that about Flintoff he's had an operation on his knee and was on TV the other day saying he can't yet run.

International Coach
unfortunate for england,a player of flintoff's stature lifts the whole team,hope he is fit and firing in time for the ashes.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes a very big loss for England. Flintoff is unfortunate to have had so many injuries. He is much too talented to miss out on so much cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread