Football Transfers Thread

Yorkshire_No1 said:
Good on Chelsea, I'd like to see them dominate English football. Man Utd went through a phase of been invincible and now it's Chelsea's turn.

I think Essien could leave now along with people like Bridge, Huth and Crespo

Mourinho specifically said that Essien was not leaving.

Gallas wants to go to AC milan, but Mourinho is trying everything to stop him. They're now offering him a 5 year deal.

gold639 said:
Mourinho specifically said that Essien was not leaving.

Gallas wants to go to AC milan, but Mourinho is trying everything to stop him. They're now offering him a 5 year deal.
Why does he want to leave?He regularly plays,he is a key part of the team...

sachin said:
Why does he want to leave?He regularly plays,he is a key part of the team...

Belive it was due to him wanting a new challenge, and he probably belives that he has achieved all he can with Chelski now.

kooljack9 said:
shevchenko and ballack-> CHELSEA
GREAt transfers.......

Not great, incredible! Never thought I'd see them together... I rate them both highly in my top 10 and even top 5.

Robert Huth to MIddlesborough is a possible as the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Sureshot said:
Robert Huth to MIddlesborough is a possible as the two clubs have agreed a fee.

He should go to middelesborough,because he doesnt really play any game with Chelsea and he will get a better opportunity there.

here is every rumour and transfer since the 6th of june.

June 10 2006

Tottenham have signed left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto from French club Lens, subject to a medical. The 22-year-old has agreed personal terms and Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli said: "Benoit is a young, very talented left-back. He's versatile and can play in three positions - left-back, on the left side of central midfield and left midfield. He's regarded as one of the best prospects in French football and is an excellent signing for the club." Comolli added: "The player is ambitious and has always wanted to play in English football. He was consistent in his commitment to us in the negotiations we had with Lens despite a lot of interest from other clubs and Lens being reluctant to let him go." Assou-Ekotto played in 34 of 38 league games to help Lens finish fourth in the French first division last season.

Hereford have completed the permanent signing of goalkeeper Wayne Brown. Brown helped the Bulls clinch promotion back to the League via the Conference play-offs during a season-long loan from Chester City. The 29-year-old has now agreed a two-year deal at Edgar Street after being released from the final 12 months of his contract at Chester.

Conference newcomers Weymouth have signed former Peterborough striker Richard Logan on a one-year deal. The former Ipswich and Boston man, 24, was released by Posh at the end of last season after making 93 appearances in nearly three years at London Road. Logan becomes manager Garry Hill's fourth new signing of the summer.

Tamworth manager Mark Cooper has further strengthened his squad with the capture of former Notts County defender Emmet Friars. Friars joins the Lambs after leaving Meadow Lane at the end of last season. The 20-year-old follows striker Matty Williams in making the switch from Notts County to the Conference club.

Marco Marchionni was yesterday presented as a Juventus player and expressed his joy at this move into the big time. ?It is a source of great satisfaction for me to be a part of a club with such a glorious history. Right from the start, I was amazed by how organised Juve are,? said the Bosman signing. ?I am very happy with the way this season has gone,? Marchionni told the Bianconeri website. ?I managed to avoid relegation, was in the Italy side and am now a Juventus player.? The midfielder, who will turn 26 next month, underwent a medical in Turin yesterday afternoon and put pen to paper on a contract, thought to be a five-year deal.

Dutch striker Berry Powel has had his Millwall contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Millwall have signed Chelsea goalkeeper Lenny Pidgeley on a free transfer on a three-year contract.

Gillingham striker Darren Byfield has left Priestfield to join Millwall on a three-year contract.

Werder Bremen playmaker Johann Micoud has joined Girondins Bordeaux on a two-year deal after four years in the Bundesliga, the Ligue 1 club said on Friday. Micoud, 32, started his professional career at Cannes in 1992 before leaving for Bordeaux four years later. Capped 17 times for France although left out of the World cup squad, Micoud joined Parma before being transferred to Bremen, where he scored 31 goals in 123 matches. 'My goal was to come back to France after four years in Germany where I had great times as far as sport was concerned. But it was hard for my family,' Micoud told a news conference. 'My priority was Bordeaux and there has been no contact with other clubs.'

Mark Cooper, manager of Nationwide Conference side Tamworth FC, has secured the signing of his second ex-Notts County player this summer by signing Emmet Friars. 20-year-old Friars left Meadow Lane at the end of last season and follows Matty Williams to the Lambs. The defender went out on loan to Alfreton Town and Telford United last season and has made 15 first team appearances for The Magpies.

FC Dallas announced today that defender Michael Dello-Russo will join the Minnesota Thunder of the USL First Division on loan. The first year player out of Maryland will spend at least the next two weeks with the Thunder and is scheduled to appear in three games with the club. Current FC Dallas Assistant Coach Marco Ferruzzi is a former player for the Thunder who currently hold a 1-4-2 record and sit in 11th place in the USL First Division.

Hamburger SV have signed Vincent Kompany from RSC Anderlecht while allowing Daniel Van Buyten to leave to join their Bundesliga rivals FC Bayern M?nchen. The 28-year-old Belgian international central defender Van Buyten will travel to Munich for medical tests in the next few days with a view to completing an estimated ?12m transfer to the German champions. The former R. Charleroi SC and Olympique de Marseille player is expected to sign a four-year contract at the Fu?ball Arena M?nchen. Meanwhile, Hamburg have announced that Van Buyten's replacement will be his Belgian international team-mate Kompany, who will join the club for a reported ?8m, with his original contract with the Brussels club having been due to expire in 2010. "The Hamburg management have given me a good feeling," Kompany said. "I want to make positive headlines with the team in the Bundesliga and in Europe." The 20-year-old Kompany was Belgium's Player of the Year in 2004. The Anderlecht academy graduate started to shine at the age of 17, making his UEFA Champions League debut against AFC Rapid Bucuresti at the start of the 2003/04 season and quickly being marked out as a major star of the future. The defender played 71 league matches in three seasons at Anderlecht and has made 14 senior international appearances for Belgium. However, the 2005/06 campaign proved to be a difficult one for Kompany as back problems and a shoulder injury that required surgery limited his chances for club and country.

?scar De Paula has announced that he will leave Real Sociedad de F?tbol when his contract expires at the end of June. The 31-year-old forward has decided to leave the San Sebasti?n-based club after over a decade after slipping out of the first-team last season. "I just want to thank everyone at the club for an unforgettable eleven years," he said.

RCD Mallorca have signed Fernando Navarro from FC Barcelona on a four-year contract following a successful loan spell at the club. The full-back, who will be 24 on 25 June, came through the youth ranks at the Camp Nou and was promoted to the first team in 2001/02, but failed to earn himself a regular place in the first XI. He spent last season on loan at the Son Moix.

UEFA Intertoto Cup contenders Olympique de Marseille have signed attacking midfielder Matthieu Valbuena from third-tier side FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin. The 21-year-old, who was named as the best player in his league in 2005/06, has signed a three-year contract.

C?dric Moukouri has returned to top-flight football after signing a two-year contract with Portuguese Liga outfit CS Mar?timo. The 26-year-old midfielder arrives in Madeira from French third division side AS Cherbourg whom he joined in 2004 after a spell with RC Strasbourg.

CFR Ecomax Cluj-Napoca have signed their third Portuguese player in the space of a week with Boavista FC right-back Manuel Jos? arriving for a ?300,000 fee. The player was delighted to make the move to Romania, saying: "I am happy, because it's a new challenge in my life and because the Romanian football is very skilful, just the way I like it."

Staying in Scotland, Republic of Ireland striker Noel Hunt has finalized his switch to Dundee United FC after the club agreed a compensation fee with Dunfermline Athletic FC. The 23-year-old has already agreed terms with United and will move to Tannadice next week subject to a medical.

MKE Ankarag?c? have strengthened their squad with the signing of midfielder Srebrenko Posavec from NK Varteks. The 26-year-old Croatian has signed a two-year contract with the option of a further year. "Posavec is a talented player who can use his both feet," said Ankarag?c? vice-president Serdar Tosun. Meanwhile, the club have decided not to sign an official contract with coach Hikmet Karaman despite agreeing terms last week. Elsewhere in Turkey, Sivasspor have released Cameroonian defender Raymond Kalla, striker Attila Birlik and defender G?rkem G?rk.

Ghanaian international Haminu Draman has joined Gen?lerbirliği SK on a three-year contract from FK Crvena Zvezda. The 20-year-old Ghanaian international is expected to replace left-sided midfielder Uğur Boral who has joined Fenerbah?e SK. He made his international debut against Saudi Arabia last November and currently has seven caps.

Danish UEFA Intertoto Cup hopefuls Odense BK have signed right-sided winger Peter Nyman from relegated side S?nderjyskE. The 23-year-old has signed a three-year contract with the side that finished third in the Superliga. Meanwhile, the Danish second division's top scorer, Lyngby BK's 23-year-old Morten Nordstrand, has signed a four-year contract with FC Nordsj?lland.

R. Standard de Li?ge have continued preparations for the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round by signing Miguel Areias and Nuno Coelho from FC Porto. The 29-year-old left-back Areias has come to Belgium on a one-year loan after spending last season on a similar deal with Porto's local rivals Boavista FC. He started his career with Ovarense FC before spending four seasons at SC Beira-Mar, eventually joining Porto in the summer of 2004. The 20-year-old Nuno Coelho will also spend the next 12 months in Liege, with the 2005/06 Belgian runners-up able to sign him outright if he proves to be a success. Having started off as a trainee at FC Penafiel, he moved on to Porto at the age of 18. The central defender spent part of last season on loan with FC Maia. The pair's arrival means Standard boast five Portuguese players in their squad.

June 9 2006

Tottenham have made their second signing of the summer with the capture of France Under-18 captain Dorian Dervitte from Ligue 1 side Lille. Sporting director Damien Comolli told the club website: "Dorian is a tall, strong defender with excellent technical skills. We believe he comes to us with enormous potential for the future." Dervitte will arrive at White Hart Lane on 1 July and will begin next season with the club's development squad. He has made nine appearances in all for France's Under-17s, featuring in all six of their European Under-17 Championship qualifiers in 2005. Since then he stepped into the U18s squad, playing in recent internationals against Germany and Romania.

Burnley have completed the signing of Alan Mahon from Wigan for ?200,000 on a three-year deal. The Republic of Ireland midfielder, 28, joined on loan at the end of last season and made a big impression at Turf Moor. Burnley manager Steve Cotterill told the club's website: "We are delighted to officially welcome Alan on board. He is also precisely the type of player who will make us play more next season," the Clarets boss added.

Stoke City have released several players including veterans Gerry Taggart and Ed De Goey. The duo, who are both former Premiership players, have not been offered new terms by the club. Academy players Adam Kirkpatrick, Liam Page, John Quigley, Chris Sanna, Nathan Slater and Josh Wilson have also been released by the Potters.

West Ham United have signed midfielder Lee Bowyer for a second time for an undisclosed fee. The 29-year-old, capped once by England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, had a six-month spell with the Hammers in 2003 before moving to Newcastle. "I am desperate to do well for West Ham," said Bowyer. "I loved my time at Newcastle but this is my club. I didn't play well last time. I had a bad ankle injury. I see this as unfinished business," Bowyer added.

Gillingham striker Darren Byfield has left the club after agreeing terms with League One rivals Millwall. He joined the Priestfield club from Sunderland in the summer of 2004 on a two-year contract. Byfield's departure is a major blow to manager Ronnie Jepson who was keen to keep the 29-year-old. The striker finished the season as top-scorer with 14 goals despite missing several weeks of the season because of suspensions and injury.

Chester boss Mark Wright has added another new face to his squad with the capture of former Doncaster forward Jermaine McSporran. McSporran moves to the Deva Stadium after ending an injury-hit spell with Doncaster at the end of last season.

Swansea City have signed midfielder Darren Pratley from Fulham for ?100,000 on a three-year contract. The 21-year-old passed a medical on Thursday having already agreed personal terms after Fulham boss Chris Coleman told him he could leave the club.

Portuguese Under-21 international Ze Castro has signed a five-year contract with Atletico Madrid, the Primera Liga club said on Thursday. 'This club is very ambitious and so am I, and I understand that as a minimum we have to be competing in a European competition,' Ze Castro told a news conference. The 23-year-old centre back, who had finished his contract with Academica, is the latest signing in a dramatic overhaul of the sports arm of Atletico, who finished a disappointing 10th in the Primera Liga last season.

Feyenoord have signed versatile midfielder Theo Lucius from Eredivisie rivals PSV Eindhoven with the 29-year-old keen to link up again with former team-mate Erwin Koeman. Capped three times by the Netherlands, Lucius has moved to Rotterdam for an undisclosed fee and on a three-year contract with the option of a further 12 months if all goes well. He had one year left on his deal at PSV, the club where he spent seven seasons and played 21 times as they won the league championship for a second successive campaign in 2005/06. "This was the only club I wanted to play for after my time at PSV, and the fact Erwin Koeman is coach here was the decisive factor." Feyenoord will play in next season's UEFA Cup.

Athletic Club Bilbao have reached an agreement to sign Josu Sarriegi from Deportivo Alav?s on a four-year deal. The 27-year-old defender had two years remaining on his contract at the Mendizorroza but was keen to stay in the Primera Divisi?n following Alav?s's relegation. He had been a regular with Alav?s since returning from a successful loan spell at SD Eibar in 2002/03.

Feyenoord have continued their summer rebuilding work by signing Finnish international midfielder Joonas Kolkka on a free transfer. The 31-year-old wide man arrives on a one-year contract with an extension option, having played 31 Dutch league games for ADO Den Haag last season, scoring eight goals. "Jonas is experienced and he really loves the game," said Feyenoord coach Erwin Koeman. Kolkka started out with Myllykosken Pallo-47 before spells with Willem II and PSV Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Panathinaikos FC in Greece, BV Borussia M?nchengladbach in Germany, and Crystal Palace FC in England.

Colombian international goalkeeper Oscar C?rdoba has joined promoted Turkish side Antalyaspor on a one-year contract after leaving Beşiktaş JK at the end of the season. The 36-year-old said: "I have decided on Antalyaspor because Mustafa Doğan, my former Beşiktaş team-mate, persuaded me, despite the other offers I received." C?rdoba spent four years with Beşiktaş, making 99 Superleague appearances.

SC Bastia goalkeper Nicolas Penneteau has signed a three-year deal with Ligue 1 newcomers Valenciennes FC. The 25-year-old former Under-21 international is quitting the Corsican club to become the third new face at the northern side, following the arrivals of Paris Saint-Germain FC striker Rudy Haddad and OGC Nice winger S?bastien Roudet.

Portuguese Liga newcomers SC Beira-Mar have unveiled midfielder Vasco Matos. The 25-year-old Sporting Clube de Portugal youth product arrives on a two-year contract from second division SC Olhanense.

Ivory Coast midfielder Abdoulaye Junior has joined Ukrainian side FC Metalurh Donetsk after leaving Belgium's Beveren. The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year contract with the club coached by Spaniard ?ngel Alonso Herrera. Serbo-Montenegrin international midfielder Bojan Neziri has also returned to Metalurh after a season-long loan in Germany with VfL Wolfsburg. He has extended his Metalurh deal by three years, until 2010.

June 8 2006

Walsall manager Richard Money has made former Brentford captain Michael Dobson his third signing of the close season. The 25-year-old is a right-back but can play in several positions both in defence and midfield. "I'm really pleased to have signed Michael. He's a powerful player who can play in the middle as well as on the right or left hand side," said Money. "He was captain of Brentford at the age of just 20 and he has terrific leadership skills." Dobson, who was given a free transfer last month, was Brentford's longest-serving player and made nearly 200 first-team appearances for the club. He told Walsall's official website: "I am looking forward to the challenge. I have been at Brentford a long time but this move feels right. Having been associated with Brentford since the age of nine, naturally it was difficult to leave. However this is a new start for me and I wouldn't have dropped down to League Two if I didn't think this club was going places."

Paolo Cannavaro has finally completed his expected transfer from Parma to hometown club Napoli. The Azzurri had been chasing the stopper for months after it became clear that he would not be signing a new deal at the Stadio Tardini. Cannavaro, younger brother of Juventus and Italy ace Fabio, has signed a five-year contract at the San Paolo.

Gent phenom Mbark Boussoufa has completed a move to Belgian champs Anderlecht for a reported ?4 million. The Mauves immediately signed the attacker, who recently made his Morocco debut in the U.S., to a four-year contract. "Anderlecht has gone through a lot to bring me to Astridpark, and that made the decision easier,? Boussoufa told the club website. "There was foreign interest, but it wasn?t as interesting from a sporting sense."

Boavista FC have taken Poland midfielder Przemysław Kaźmierczak on loan from MKS Pogon Szczecin. The Porto-based club will have the option of making the 24-year-old a permanent signing at the end of next season. Kaźmierczak, who can also operate at centre-back, is Boavista's third summer buy after M?rio Silva and Marquinho.

Portuguese side CF Estrela da Amadora have signed midfielders Francisco Castro, Carlos Saavedra and Tiago Gomes. The 27-year-old Castro comes from Moreirense FC while 25-year-old Saavedra arrives from second-division FC Barreirense. Both have agreed one-year contracts with the option of one-year extensions. Meanwhile, 20-year-old Tiago Gomes has accepted a four-year deal after leaving Odivelas FC for the club from the Lisbon suburbs.

FC Lokomotiv Moskva striker Igor Lebedenko has joined FC Saturn Moskovskaya Oblast. The 23-year-old former Russian Under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with Vladim?r Weiss's side after being pushed out of contention at Lokomotiv by the arrivals of Draman Traor? and Garry O'Connor. The former FC Torpedo Moskva trainee moved to Lokomotiv in early 2005.

FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk have signed left-sided midfielder Mladen Bartulović from HNK Hajduk Split on a five-year contract. The 19-year-old Croatian Under-21 international made his senior debut in a tournament in Hong Kong on 1 February. He played 18 league games last season in a disappointing campaign for Hajduk.

Relegated Ligue 1 side RC Strasbourg have signed Bulgaria Under-21 captain and striker Dimitar Rangelov from PFC Slavia Sofia on a four-year contract. The 23-year-old Rangelov said he was "happy to play under [new Strasbourg coach] Jean-Pierre Papin".

French UEFA Cup contenders RC Lens have signed Togolese attacking midfielder Razak Boukari on a free transfer from LB Ch?teauroux. The 19-year-old has agreed a five-year contract with Lens, who finished fourth in Ligue 1 in 2005/06, after making a massive impact in the French second division with Ch?teauroux, scoring two goals in 34 league games in his first campaign as a professional. "He can play as a right or left-winger," said Lens secretary Francis Collado. "He won us over with his power and pace. Should we sell Olivier Thomert, and if it takes time to complete [Pierre-Alain] Frau's permanent move from Olympique Lyonnais, he will probably start in Ligue 1 this summer." Boukari could also deputise for Tunisia forward Issam Jemaa who will miss the FIFA World Cup after sustaining a knee injury in training.

FC Chornomorets Odesa have signed Gennadi Nizhegorodov, Olexandr Zotov and Georgi Shashiashvili as they prepare for next season's UEFA Cup. The side who finished third in the Ukrainian Premier League swooped to land 29-year-old Nizhegorodov on a three-year contract. The defender is a graduate of the local Odessa football academy but made his name in Russia, winning two titles with FC Lokomotiv Moskva and being named the Russian Premier-Liga's best defender in 2002 before spells at FC Terek Grozny and FC Shinnik Yaroslavl. Zotov, meanwhile, is a 31-year-old former Ukrainian international midfielder. He returns for a second spell at Chornomorets having represented the club in the 1990s before moving to rivals FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih and FC Metalurh Donetsk. He has also agreed a three year deal. Shashiashvili is a 26-year-old Georgian international who was previously with FC Dinamo Tbilisi and Russia's FC Alania Vladikavkaz.

June 7 2006

Leeds United's Jermaine Wright has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent, reports BBC Radio Leeds. The 30-year-old, who signed on a free transfer from Ipswich two years ago, made only three appearances for Leeds last season, out of 40 in total. He was loaned to Millwall and Southampton during his time at Leeds. The midfielder, who had a year left on his contract, is now free to join another club without payment of a compensation fee.

Bournemouth boss Sean O'Driscoll has signed former Walsall winger Daryl Taylor on a month-to-month deal. The 21-year-old was released by the Midlands club following their relegation to League Two at the end of the season. He scored in each of his first three games for Walsall having been given a first-team chance by Paul Merson. Taylor enjoyed two loan spells at Hereford, helping them to two successive play-offs.

Swindon will not offer Paul Smith a new contract when his current deal expires at the end of June. The midfielder joined the Wiltshire side in mid-January from Gillingham and made nine appearances before an ankle injury ruled him out for two months. Smith returned for one game before picking up a knock in the following match against his old club Brentford. Following boss Iffy Onuora's departure, the club confirmed that Smith would not be offered a new deal.

Peterborough United have confirmed David Farrell and Richard Logan have not been offered new deals and have left the club. Farrell, 34, spent nine seasons with the club making 267 starts while Logan, 24, scored 17 goals and made 36 starts. "I hope they go on and find themselves other clubs," Posh manager Keith Alexander told the club website. "I am talking to one or two players, but it will be pre-season before we see any more fresh faces."

Barcelona's versatile defender Gabri has signed for Ajax on a three-year contract starting in July, the Dutch team said on Tuesday. Amsterdam are now coached by Henk ten Cate, former number two to Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona. Gabri, 27, said on the Dutch team's website: 'I chose Ajax first and foremost for the coach. I worked with him for three years at Barcelona. He knows me well and I know him well.' Gabri has won three caps for Spain but found his chances limited over the past two seasons because of knee and ankle injuries. He left European champions Barcelona last month. Ten Cate, noting that players usually move to Barcelona from Ajax and not the other way round, said of Gabri: 'He is a winner - a soccer player with many qualities and a great running capacity.'

RSC Anderlecht are to sign defender Jelle Van Damme from English side Southampton FC while also securing the services of KAA Gent's Moroccan international Mbark Boussoufa. The 22-year-old left-back Van Damme will be unveiled today, when the Brussels giants will announce the length of his contract after the clubs agreed an undisclosed sum. The Belgian international has not played in his home country since leaving KFC Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen during the 2001/02 campaign. Meanwhile, 21-year-old forward Boussoufa will arrive for a fee yet to be revealed, having impressed sufficiently at Gent to be voted Belgium's Players' Player of the Year for 2005/06.

Feyenoord have signed Belgian international striker Stein Huysegems for an undisclosed fee from Eredivisie rivals AZ Alkmaar. The 23-year-old moves to Rotterdam on a four-year contract, swapping one Dutch UEFA Cup qualifier for another, AZ having finished second in the 2005/06 table and Feyenoord third. "It is a dream to play for a club like Feyenoord," he said. "They are still a little bigger than AZ. When they want you, you go there." Huysegems, who scored 19 goals in 94 league games in Alkmaar, will help replace the Chelsea FC-bound Salomon Kalou at the De Kuip. He previously played for K. Lierse SK.

Brazilian forward Geovanni is to leave SL Benfica after four seasons and return home to join Cruzeiro EC on a three-year contract. The 26-year-old made 94 Portuguese Liga appearances for Benfica, scoring 17 goals, having initially arrived in Lisbon on loan from FC Barcelona. Geovanni's stay was capped by a championship medal in 2004/05 and a Portuguese Cup triumph the previous campaign.

Sporting Clube de Portugal have allowed defender M?rio S?rgio to join A. Naval 1? de Maio on a free transfer, despite the player having a year left on his contract in Lisbon. The 24-year-old switched to Sporting in the summer of 2003, but made just 12 Liga appearances before being loaned to Vit?ria SC last season. "My future is with Naval," he said.

French side FC Sochaux-Montb?liard have announced the acquisition of attacking midfielder Karim Ziani. The 23-year-old Algerian international has signed a three-year contract after leaving newly-promoted FC Lorient. Ziani was named as 2005/06 second division Player of the Year by his fellow professionals.

Galatasaray SK midfielder Altan Aksoy has moved to Turkish rivals Rizespor on a two-year contract after initially joining the club on loan in January. The 30-year-old former Adanaspor AS, Kocaelispor and Konyaspor player made just nine appearances for Galatasaray having transferred to Istanbul last summer.

Turkish UEFA Intertoto Cup contenders Kayserispor have landed Iranian midfielder Hamed Kavianpour from Persepolis FC. The 27-year-old, capped 50 times by his country, has agreed a two-year contract.

Turkish UEFA Cup contenders Beşiktaş JK have extended the loan of Brazilian striker Bob? from SC Corinthians for another season. The 21-year-old joined Beşiktaş in the January transfer window and caught the eye by scoring five goals in 14 league games. Beşiktaş won the Turkish Cup to qualify for the UEFA Cup where they will start in the first round.

Ukrainian champions FC Shakhtar Donetsk have brought in 27-year-old defender Olexandr Babych on a five-year contract from Premier League rivals FC Metalist Kharkhiv. Babych spent last season at Metalist following a four-year spell in Russia with FC Anzhi Makhachkala. He joins another new Shakhtar defensive signing, Serhiy Tkachenko from FC Metalurh Donetsk.

Belgian champions Anderlecht have signed Moroccan midfielder Mbark Boussoufa from AA Gent in what is believed to be the most expensive transfer deal in the country?s history. The 21-year-old has penned a four-year contract that will keep him at the Constant Vanden Stock stadium until the end of the 2010 season. The transfer fee has not been revealed. Boussoufa admitted it had been a tough decision to leave Gent, but revealed the opportunity to play Champions League football next season had tipped the balance in Anderlecht?s favour. He told Sporza Radio. "I leave the club that is in my heart. It was a very difficult choice. Gent did everything they could to keep me there, but at Anderlecht I can move a step higher."

June 6 2006

Defender Gareth McAuley has become Leicester City's first summer signing on a free transfer. The Northern Ireland international has agreed a three-year deal after reaching the end of his contract at Lincoln. The 26-year-old centre-back spent two seasons with the League Two side after arriving from Coleraine and twice helped them reach the play-offs. "I've been involved with successful teams. Hopefully, that will be the case here," McAuley told the club website.

Bradford City have signed Jamaica player Jermaine Johnson on a one-year loan deal, subject to a work permit. The 25-year-old, who arrives from Jamaican club Tivoli Gardens, agreed contract terms and passed a medical last Thursday. "I learned from being here before and I want to show that," the former Bolton and Oldham star told the club website. "My best position is to go forward with the ball and score goals but I've learned to track back and defend."

Former Scotland international midfielder Simon Donnelly has joined Partick Thistle on a two-year contract. The 31-year-old was released by Dunfermline after two injury-blighted seasons at East End Park. "I feel he is quality player who will help to improve our squad," manager Dick Campbell told the club website. "He can play in a number of positions and he is quick, which I felt was something we lacked a bit last season. I think he will be a good asset." Donnelly, who began his career at Celtic before moving south with Sheffield Wednesday, won 10 caps for Scotland. And he said: "I am looking forward to playing with Partick Thistle and hope to play a part in bringing the club back to where it should be in Scottish football."

Crewe Alexandra have secured the signing of veteran defender Neil Cox, it was announced on Monday. The 34-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the Railwaymen after being released by Cardiff City. Cox spent 12 months with Cardiff following earlier spells with Watford, Bolton, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa. He becomes manager Dario Gradi's second defensive signing following the arrival of 27-year-old defender Julien Baudet from Notts County.

Former Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron has left Inter Milan to return to the Argentine club where his career began. The 31-year-old will join Estudiantes, who are coached by his former Argentina international team-mate Diego Simeone. "I've always wanted to return," said Veron, who played in two World Cups.

Fiorentina have netted their second goalkeeper of the summer by signing Vlada Avramov from Vicenza. The youngster, born in April 1979, has agreed a four-year contract and arrives just weeks after the Viola grabbed Sebastien Frey from Parma once his loan ended. Avramov is a Serbian custodian who made his Serie B debut in June 2002 during the 2-2 draw at Cagliari. The shot-stopper joins the Viola after impressing in the Second Division on loan with coastal side Pescara. His arrival will now lead to question marks over the future of Romanian Bogdan Lobont. He only arrived in January after Frey damaged knee ligaments.

Czech Republic striker Jan Koller has joined AS Monaco from Borussia Dortmund on a two-year contract, the Ligue 1 club said on Monday. The transfer does not involve a fee since Koller's contract with the German club has ended. The 2.01 metre tall striker, 33, is the Czech Republic's all-time top scorer having netted 40 goals in 66 matches.

Bulgarian international midfielder Zdravko Lazarov has joined Kayseri Erciyesspor from Gaziantepspor on a two-year contract with the option of a further year. The 30-year-old first moved to Turkey to join Kocaelispor in 2000 before moving on to Gaziantepspor in summer 2003. Meanwhile, Erciyesspor midfielder Devran Ayhan has signed a two-year contract at Ankaraspor AS.

Turkish UEFA Intertoto Cup contenders Kayserispor have signed 26-year-old Austrian international forward Muhammet Akag?nd?z on a two-year contract from SK Rapid Wien. Rizespor defenders Besheer El Tabei and Ergin Y?cetaş are both staying put, however, having extended their contracts for a further year, as has midfielder Cem Baki.

Brazilian right-back Marquinho has joined Portuguese Liga outfit Boavista FC on a three-year contract. The 23-year-old joins from Crici?ma EC with the Porto side looking to bounce back from the disappointment of not qualifying for Europe last season.

AEP Paphos FC have signed experienced Greek striker Dimitris Nalitzis on a one-year deal with the option of a further year. The Cypriot First Division newcomers brought in the 30-year-old after his contract at AEK Athens FC expired. Nalitzis previously played for Panionios GS and PAOK FC in Greece, enjoyed a spell in Serie A with Udinese Calcio and AC Perugia and represented Lisbon giants Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Turkish UEFA Cup hopefuls Beşiktaş JK have signed forward Burak Yılmaz from Anatalyaspor and right-back Serdar Kurtuluş from Bursaspor. Burak cost Jean Tigana's Turkish Cup winners ?900,000 and has signed a two-year contract in Istanbul. As part of the deal, young Beşiktaş midfielder Serdar ?zkan is to spend a year on loan with Antalyaspor. Meanwhile, an ?800,000 fee has been paid for Serdar Kurtuluş with strikers Eser Yağmur and Sinan Kaloğlu also joining Bursaspor, who won promotion to the Superleague this season.

Englishandproud said:
Lets hope that his move keeps gettin stalled :D :upray

Lescott has joined Everton for ?5 million depending on appearneces, i just hope there is a sell on clause as not to make the same mistake as Wolves did when they sold Robbie Keane.

Users who are viewing this thread