Football Transfers Thread

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Shaw for 30 mil? When you can get a cheaper choice in Marcelo or Alba (transfermarkt) who are without a doubt better than Shaw. That is just ridiculous.
I seriously hope with the Lallana move almost done, that it doesn't effect our mood for Sanchez. :/

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I understand your point but I would like to clarify that I did not mean people of Shaw's or Lambert's calibre. What I meant was, they would be able to get some decent players at a cheap rate from leagues like the Ligue 1 or the BuLi.

Then that doesn't change the fact that Southampton are getting ripped apart.

Shaw for 30 mil? When you can get a cheaper choice in Marcelo or Alba (transfermarkt) who are without a doubt better than Shaw. That is just ridiculous.
I seriously hope with the Lallana move almost done, that it doesn't effect our mood for Sanchez. :/

Neither Marcelo or Alba are available, even if they were they wouldn't move to United under current circumstances... and it's quite hypocritical to criticize a club for overpaying when your club themselves are doing the same with Lallana.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

What about Lallana for 25 M when you can get better players :/

the thing is that English players are overpriced

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
What about Lallana for 25 M when you can get better players :/

the thing is that English players are overpriced

That's why I mentioned Sanchez there I guess.

Anyways I'm never a big fan of paying more than 20 mil for any English player, because it is likely that they are young and over hyped for nothing. Same goes for Lallana.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think Barca would definitely have to sign a forward (Suarez) or a striker (the potential target man/poacher that people were speculating about in the Spanish thread) for Sanchez or Pedro to become available, because I could totally see Barca just loan out Tello and look at Deulofeu as his replacement.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Barca would definitely have to sign a forward (Suarez) or a striker (the potential target man/poacher that people were speculating about in the Spanish thread) for Sanchez or Pedro to become available, because I could totally see Barca just loan out Tello and look at Deulofeu as his replacement.

It's Barca so that isn't how it works.

Messi doesn't like Alexis so he's gone.

In addition to that though, there is no doubt they will buy someone new. Madrid and Barca need their new toys each season to appease the fans.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It's Barca so that isn't how it works.

Messi doesn't like Alexis so he's gone.

In addition to that though, there is no doubt they will buy someone new. Madrid and Barca need their new toys each season to appease the fans.

That's news to me... and speaking to Barca fans, the only thing that will appease them is a couple of proper CBs. :rolleyes

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Though I am a bit biased as a Barca supporter, I feel it is not right to say that Barca dispenses with players Leo does not like. Though all of us know Leo wanted to play as the centre forward when Zlat was there, we also need to keep in mind that Zlat had problems with Pep as well and was not willing to share the center-stage with Leo. Villa suffered from a broken tibia which more or less ended his career and reduced his playing time drastically. You cannot expect a top player like him to hang around in such a situation. Sammy quitting Barca cannot be attributed to Messi since he had one of his best seasons(his best at Barca) before he quit. The Henry-Eto'o-Messi triumvirate usually had Eto'o playing as the centre forward with Henry and Messi on the wings. However, Pep tried something new by moving Messi to the centre for the Real match and iirc he scored a brace then, so Pep was vindicated. We also need to remember that Pep and Sammy had a dressing room bust-up, so that would have played a more important part in Sammy's departure.

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Barca fan O.o ^ and Chelsea now that's new

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Reminds me of that one weird champions league night. :lol He would have been smiling either way I guess. :p
Southampton's transfer business will be interesting, Lovren/Schniederlin seem like the next set of players to leave just to play champions league football.
I will follow this sides business in this transfer window as I do believe they might surprise us.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Barca fan O.o ^ and Chelsea now that's new

You left out BVB. :rolleyes

Reminds me of that one weird champions league night. :lol He would have been smiling either way I guess. :p
Southampton's transfer business will be interesting, Lovren/Schniederlin seem like the next set of players to leave just to play champions league football.
I will follow this sides business in this transfer window as I do believe they might surprise us.

Just one?

I really hope this is end of the Southampton exodus for this summer, I'm positive the only reason Rodriguez isn't being linked out is because of his injury.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Haha, I see the funny side :p But I dont see anything wrong in supporting the teams. I am sure that this will get quoted often :p but imho there is difference between a team you are supporting and your favorite team. Barca and Dortmund are teams I support in their respective leagues, Chelsea is my favorite team.

----------

It's Go, Go, Go for Gomis

Users who are viewing this thread