Football Transfers Thread

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
?10m bid for De Rossi rejected apparently. Not surprising - ?10m is just as insulting and derisory as the old Felliani/Baines bid! Make some sensible bids if you want to sign someone, Moyes. Time's running out.

they will never get him, italy has lost it's allure as a magnet for big names but the italians will shoot themselves before they let on they believe that, it's next to impossible to pry away players like De Rossi from clubs they are heroes at. roma have had a pretty wonderful transfer campaign too so I reckon he'll fancy sticking around to see how they go.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Real Madrid are idiots really. Specifically the fans since they forced this.

I doubt whether the fans forced this, they were chanting for him to stay during Bale's presentation.

Ozil's got to be the signing of the season if he joins Arsenal.

Bevab

Staff Member
From what I heard, the deal's done. And, I agree - he'll be a great signing for Arsenal.

However I'm still amazed that Moyes opted not to go after him when he favored United over Arsenal. I hope we can get him in the next summer window or the one after.

You've got to be cautious with Arsenal transfers.

There's no way Ozil would be sold to United, even hypothetical thinking doesn't offer a solution.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ozil sold for 42.2M. :rolleyes

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
So we've signed Ozil now,just need him to get his form back.Getting his medical done at the Emirates.Now to bring war,we have the best midfield :D

However I'm still amazed that Moyes opted not to go after him when he favored United over Arsenal. I hope we can get him in the next summer window or the one after

Give how much United have deteriorated ever since Fergie left,I suspect we were always up there.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
So we've signed Ozil now,just need him to get his form back.Getting his medical done at the Emirates.Now to bring war,we have the best midfield :D

Give how much United have deteriorated I suspect we were always there.

Ozil's in decent form, he just hasn't been playing a lot recently.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, that's a ludicrously good signing from arsenal but like others, I can't believe Man U just stood back and watched it happen. It's a move that would have made sense to both parties.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Ozil's executed the most passes than Busquests,Fabregas & Iniesta combined & also has been the leading 'assister' since 2009.Gotta tell ya Wilshere/Ramsey+Ozil+Arteta/Cazorla is going to be on hell of a season if the reports are true :).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ozil is available. Repeat, Ozil is available. WHY THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU CHASING A VIRTUALLY UNKNOWN SPANISH PLAYER INSTEAD, MOYES!

David May on SS right now - he's obviously got plenty of misgivings about Felliani and Herrera. Moyes... :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm Sort it out! In the meantime it all seems to have gone very quiet regarding Baines.

Again - why the hell haven't we bid for Ozil??? If Utd were in for him, there's no way he'd choose Arsenal instead - why should he? As for Moyes saying that we don't really need to sign anyone - ummmm.... which game were you watching, Mr Moyes? Because in the game I was watching, we were awful in defence, overrun in midfield and lacking spark up front. Granted we were missing Rooney, but still - to say that's the best we've played this season... that's the sort of crap Mr Capello used to come out with after yet another awful England display!

I'm beginning to get very worried about Moyes' appointment. Wake up, man - there's still time to hijack Ozil's move. While I still believe Felliani will be a good signing for Man Utd, he isn't the only signing we need - we also badly need a creative midfield player. Ozil would be perfect!

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I can't believe a lot of united fans don't want fellaini.

I should clarify - Fellaini would definitely improve the team, no doubt, but if Ozil is available he should be the priority. It's just very disconcerting that Fellaini has essentially been our 4th choice midfield target this summer, and the deal still isn't done.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What? In an hour? XD

There are six hours left...

----------

I should clarify - Fellaini would definitely improve the team, no doubt, but if Ozil is available he should be the priority. It's just very disconcerting that Fellaini has essentially been our 4th choice midfield target this summer, and the deal still isn't done.

Yep. If Felliani was Moyes main man, why the hell didn't he pick him up for ?23m while the clause was still going? Now we're probably going to have to pay ?30m or something.

Earlier today, SS said that Man Utd were talking to Ozil's representatives - what happened to that?. Seriously - we're keeping Rooney, we have RvP, we're most likely going to add some much needed steel to the midfield with Felliani - if we added Ozil as well, that would have to make us title favourites with ease. Can't bloody believe Ozil was available and we didn't bid for him.

1257349458904902.jpeg

Ordinary facepalms don't do it justice.

The thing that's worrying me as well is the pundits on SS don't seem too impressed with the people we're looking at.

Ozil links categorically denied by Man Utd. Good job, ladies - now he's a Arsenal player in all probability.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Spanish pundit reckons Herrera is overpriced. :facepalm:facepalm

I'm going to wear out the facepalm at this rate.

----------

Selling Fellaini and signing Fernando Reges as replacement. Everton have got a great deal here.

Can't believe United have been utter n00bs in this transfer window though.

Yep - it's a most worrying transfer window performance by Utd.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag