Football Transfers Thread

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dont think its a mistake. Its a fresh challenge and something completely new. I think Spain, Italy and England quite unfairly attract players from all over the globe and maybe by doing this Beckham is going set a new trend. In doing so the MLS will get the lift it so desperately needs.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Like anyone actually believe's that money didn't have a factor in it. When you earn almost a million a week for 5 years, there's no real way to say "I don't care about the money".

Great player who sold himself out.

Sureshot

Executive member
I personally don't think he has made a mistake in going to the States. it's a great opportunity to improve the popularity of Soccer in the US.

Sold himself out?

Not for me.

He said he couldn't play against United so that ruled out the EPL, Real treated him like crap this season. He didn't have many options, he can create an academy stateside. Beckham is a football lover and people would do well to remember that.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
He may be getting a lot of money, but remember he doesn't actually need it, him and his wife are loaded, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of that money getting put into the various academies he's already started and allow him to build some new ones.

Bala

International Coach
1 million a week! Thats cool money! No wonder Edgar Davids is discussing terms with FC Dallas and Becks is looking forward to lure Zizou and Ronaldo to US of A aswell.

Hasbeens central!

Sureshot

Executive member
IloveGilly said:
Well I guess, but with this contract alone...it's not going to cost much at all.

Beckham genuinely wants to bring kids through the game though, I have no doubt his academies will be the best in the world, not only in equipment but who runs them.

kodos

International Coach
puddleduck said:
Apparently he's earning 80p a second :p

Yep and in Australian dollars he is earning $125 a minute. Astonishing really but is he really worth that much value?? The most satisfied will be Posh, a move to Hollywood and having hundreds of millions of dollars to spend :p

sachin

International Coach
Well as someone else said,he's lost any chance of regaining a place in the England squad.This is pretty much the end of his career,and really he's been incredibly overhyped throughout.Knowone is worth that much money.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I'm assuming he gets around $AUS60,000 for sleeping in one night? Wish life was that easy.

plympilgrim

International Coach
well moving a bit low key, plymouth have signed 3 new players, Kevin Gallen from QPR and 2 hungarians, 1 is an international player. the other had a trial with celtic but wasn't signed as he was just as good as their centre-halves already. so 3 great captures for argyle

Users who are viewing this thread