For Nintendo Switch

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whenever the Switch goes through 50M units in the West we might think about it.... that, or Nintendo pays us to do it.

It's not happening.

Whilst I fully agree that even considering the console for this version would seem odd (even case scenarios for Nintendo would have estimates for sale after 2 years less than 20 million), 50 million seems a pretty high standard to set considering that the Xbone, to my understanding, is no where near that figure, and no console in this generation has sold 50 million units solely in the West.

I hear that the Switch isn't too hard to develop for though, development kits are quite cheap, and since it's replacing both the Wii U and 3DS, you'd think that it would sell quite well. If you want to get ahead of the game, I'd recommend looking into it when the next major Pokémon game is announced for it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whilst I fully agree that even considering the console for this version would seem odd (even case scenarios for Nintendo would have estimates for sale after 2 years less than 20 million), 50 million seems a pretty high standard to set considering that the Xbone, to my understanding, is no where near that figure, and no console in this generation has sold 50 million units solely in the West.

I hear that the Switch isn't too hard to develop for though, development kits are quite cheap, and since it's replacing both the Wii U and 3DS, you'd think that it would sell quite well. If you want to get ahead of the game, I'd recommend looking into it when the next major Pokémon game is announced for it.
Pretty sure it wasn't exactly a serious number, based on analysis, more a humorous exaggeration to highlight the unlikeliness of the game ever being released on the format.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The key issue is attach rate - the number of titles users buy per console - Xbox One is the highest in the market by far.

Nintendo have no quality control at all on the third party titles, you pay for a ROM and they ship it - which leads to shovelware and leads people to only buy Nintendo properties as they are the only ones that can be trusted.

Nintendo would have to pay us to support the platform, it otherwise makes no sense whatsoever.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The key issue is attach rate - the number of titles users buy per console - Xbox One is the highest in the market by far.

Nintendo have no quality control at all on the third party titles, you pay for a ROM and they ship it - which leads to shovelware and leads people to only buy Nintendo properties as they are the only ones that can be trusted.

Nintendo would have to pay us to support the platform, it otherwise makes no sense whatsoever.
That's bad, Hoping Nintendo will see your company and offer you the deal you want maybe to bring DBC or maybe Spyro.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Looks like Nintendo is doing well with sales. Not sure it'll reach high enough sales to get cricket on it.

I wish I could play cricket on console, anywhere, anytime.

Alberts

International Coach
I wonder if Ross is rethinking this with the Switch doing so well.

Users who are viewing this thread